Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 2.4% on average while median return up 2.8% in a day
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 2.2% in a week
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 27.4% on average while median return up 25.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BGI 54.8%, $SIG 32.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CTHR 9.1%, $BGI 7.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ELA -2.9%, $SIG -12.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is -3.0%, for the past 3 months is 0.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 19.9%, the lowest correlation is -18.1%, the latest correlation is -11.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 37.2% between ELA and SIG
The lowest correlation is -49.8% between SIG and TIF
Silver Ring Value Partners recently released its Q4 2020 Investor Letter, a copy of which you can download here. The fund posted a return of 26.6% for the last 12 months (net), outperforming its benchmark, the Russell 3000 Index which returned 20.9% in the same period. You should check out Silver Ring Value Partners’ top […]
Signet (SIG) witnesses same store sales growth of 5.6% during the holiday season. The upside was fueled by sturdy advancement in the digital arena.
In his first "Executive Decision" segment of Mad Money Thursday night, Jim Cramer spoke with Gina Drosos, CEO of Signet Jewelers , the jewelry store chain. Drosos said that Signet has cracked the online jewelry sales model with two initiatives. Signet now has 700 virtual sales personnel to help customers with their online purchases.
Birks Group Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks Group") (NYSE American: BGI), today reported its sales results for the interim holiday sales period from November 1, 2020 through December 26, 2020 (the "FY2021 Holiday Period").
(SIG) shares jumped 7% on Thursday, following the company’s upbeat holiday sales numbers, its best holiday showing in nearly a decade. Its CEO attributed the success to the company’s multiyear transformation, which emphasized digital capabilities long before Covid-19 hit. Signet (ticker: SIG) said that preliminary sales for the nine-week holiday period ending Jan. 2 were flat year over year, at $1.8 billion.
Signet Jewelers Ltd. shares rose 6.2% in Thursday trading after the retailer said holiday season sales are expected to beat the Street. Over the past year, the jewelry company's stock has nearly doubled, up 95.3%, while the S&P 500 index has gained 16.3%. Chief Executive Virginia Drosos attributes the holiday season results to new digital capabilities that are part of a transformation strategy. E-commerce sales jumped 60.8% during the holiday shopping season, even as brick-and-mortar same-store ...
The jeweler is now expecting fourth quarter sales to be between $2.10 billion and $2.12 billion.
Qatar Investment Authority made a gain of around $892 million when it sold shares in Tiffany & Co as part of LVMH's $15.8 billion acquisition of the U.S. jeweller, according to analyst estimates and filing data. The French luxury goods group concluded its acquisition of the retailer last week in which QIA had been a longstanding investor having initially acquired a 5.2% stake in late 2011. After building that stake up over several years, QIA sold its remaining 9.3% stake in Tiffany as part of ...
Signet Jewelers' shares rise after the retailer's sales estimate exceeds analysts' expectations.
Signet Jewelers Ltd. offered fourth-quarter sales guidance Thursday that exceeded consensus estimates, after same-store sales rose 5.6% in the nine-week holiday season through Jan 2. The company is now expecting fourth-quarter same-store sales to climb 4% to 5%, compared with a FactSet consensus for growth of 1.8%. The company expects total sales to range from $2.10 billion to $2.12 billion, compared with a FactSet consensus of $2.0 billion. The company's preliminary holiday sales came of $1.8 b...