Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 1.1% in a day
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 8.1% on average while median return up 7.1% in a week
- Jewelry Stores stocks up 15.7% on average while median return up 5.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BGI 52.0%, $SIG 8.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ELA -4.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BGI 19.7%, $SIG 8.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ELA -1.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 6.6%, for the past 3 months is 5.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 58.7%, the lowest correlation is -20.8%, the latest correlation is -13.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 45.4% between CTHR and ELA
The lowest correlation is -22.8% between ELA and SIG
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
Is (SIG) Outperforming Other Retail-Wholesale Stocks This Year?
Signet (SIG) signs a deal to acquire Diamonds Direct. The company raises view for the third quarter and fiscal 2022 on encouraging market conditions.
Signet (SIG) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
The trading volume has not expanded as prices pushed higher in September and I consider that to be a bearish divergence. The OBV line has been flat since late August as prices pushed upwards - another bearish divergence. In this weekly Japanese candlestick chart of SIG, below, we can see upper shadows above $85 telling us that traders are rejecting the highs.
In the latest trading session, Signet (SIG) closed at $81.62, marking a -0.52% move from the previous day.
The world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry plans to acquire Charlotte-based Diamonds Direct in a $490 million deal.
(Bloomberg) -- The owner of Kay Jewelers and Zales agreed to buy Diamonds Direct USA Inc. from Blackstone Inc. and other shareholders for $490 million, betting on a robust return of the U.S. bridal business as pandemic restrictions subside.Most Read from BloombergHow France Turned the Humble Roundabout Into a Showcase for ArtWhat the Front Line of the U.S. Abortion Fight in Kentucky Looks Like NowNYC's Waldorf Gets Plush Renovation, Becomes Icon of China's OverreachTycoon Behind a Crisis-Era Pro