Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Life/Health Insurance stocks down 1.0% on average while median return down 1.3% in a day
- Life/Health Insurance stocks down 1.8% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Life/Health Insurance stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up -0.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ANAT 25.2%, $GNW 11.8%, $FFG 8.8%, $LNC 6.2%, $IHC 5.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BHFAN -3.4%, $CIA -3.5%, $AEL -5.3%, $SNFCA -6.8%, $EHTH -14.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ANAT 21.3%, $NWLI 11.0%, $SNFCA 1.6%, $CNO 1.0%, $BHF 0.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $AEL -5.9%, $PRI -6.4%, $VOYA -7.2%, $EHTH -7.6%, $GNW -10.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 24.5%, for the past 3 months is 21.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 43.3%, the lowest correlation is 3.8%, the latest correlation is 25.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.8% between LNC and MET
The lowest correlation is -50.7% between MHNC and SNFCA
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. But on the bright side, if...
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Manulife Financial, Sun Life Financial, Brighthouse Financial, Lincoln National Corp and Primerica
VOYA earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 financial stocks today. You can skip our comprehensive analysis of these companies and go directly to the Top 5 Financial Stocks Today. The financial services sector of the economy has seen massive changes in the past few years as technology-led disruption acts as […]
GALVESTON, Texas, May 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American National has recently been made aware that there have been media reports that speculated about the Company exploring strategic options, including a company sale. As a matter of company policy, American National does not comment on rumors or speculation. About American National American National is a family of companies. American National Insurance Company, founded in 1905 and headquartered in Galveston, Texas, and other American Nationa...
BHF earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
Brighthouse (BHF) Q1 results reflect continued sales growth in annuities and lower expenses.