Aggregated price index with volume information
- Life/Health Insurance stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up -0.0% in a day
- Life/Health Insurance stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down 0.2% in a week
- Life/Health Insurance stocks up 3.2% on average while median return up 1.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RGA 8.5%, $EIG 6.6%, $MFC 6.2%, $SNFCA 5.1%, $MET 4.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PFG -1.8%, $VOYA -2.4%, $CIA -2.6%, $LNC -3.7%, $EHTH -6.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $EHTH 6.4%, $RGA 3.4%, $UNM 2.9%, $FG 2.7%, $EIG 2.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MFC -2.3%, $PFG -3.2%, $NWLI -3.5%, $LNC -5.3%, $BHF -8.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 20.9%, for the past 3 months is 22.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 38.6%, the lowest correlation is 9.3%, the latest correlation is 14.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 81.9% between MET and PFG
The lowest correlation is -49.4% between UNM and VERY
Riding on better pricing, increased technology advancements, exposure growth and global expansion, ACGL, KNSL, RDN and PRI have outperformed the industry, the Finance sector and the S&P 500 composite.
Here is how Aflac (AFL) and Axis Capital (AXS) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Wintrust Financial, Northeast Community Bancorp, Orange County Bancorp, Reinsurance Group of America and Primerica are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
Manulife Investment Management today announced the September 2023 cash distributions for Manulife exchange traded funds (ETFs) that distribute monthly and quarterly. Unitholders of record of the Manulife ETFs at the close of business on September 29, 2023, will receive cash distributions payable on October 12, 2023.
Every quarter, the S&P Dow Jones Indices organization (a joint venture between S&P Global and CME Group) initiates actions to rebalance the S&P 500 index. This month, Blackstone (NYSE: BX) was added to the index, while fellow financial stock Lincoln National (NYSE: LNC) got the boot. Lincoln National has faced challenges over the past few years, which were compounded over the last several quarters.
On September 20, 2023, Director Robert Howe sold 5,000 shares of American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (NYSE:AEL).
Unum (UNM) closed the most recent trading day at $49.97, moving +1.71% from the previous trading session.
F&G Annuities & Life, Inc. (NYSE: FG) ("F&G" or "Company"), a leading provider of insurance solutions serving retail annuity and life customers and institutional clients, today announced that it will host an Investor Day in New York City on Tuesday, October 3, 2023.
Brighthouse Financial (NASDAQ:BHF)'s shares saw a significant drop on Thursday, following a downgrade by Goldman Sachs from neutral to sell. The insurance company's stock fell by 6.7%, trading at $47.85 as of 1:20 pm Eastern Time.
CNO Financial (CNO) is well-poised for growth on a diversified product portfolio, product launches and the prudent deployment of capital.