Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Life/Health Insurance stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 0.2% in a day
- Life/Health Insurance stocks down 2.7% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Life/Health Insurance stocks up 2.9% on average while median return up 0.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NWLI 48.4%, $FG 13.2%, $UNM 10.2%, $EHTH 9.3%, $SNFCA 5.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $VOYA -8.4%, $PFG -8.7%, $MET -14.1%, $EIG -14.3%, $CIA -17.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SNFCA 11.4%, $AEL 3.5%, $LNC 2.1%, $BHF 1.4%, $GNW 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RGA -4.3%, $NWLI -4.7%, $AMSF -5.3%, $EHTH -16.9%, $CIA -27.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.4%, for the past 3 months is 41.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 61.2%, the lowest correlation is 12.7%, the latest correlation is 22.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 90.4% between BHF and LNC
The lowest correlation is -42.3% between AEL and CIA
Principal Financial Group® was named one of Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies, making its third consecutive appearance on the list.
Amerisafe (AMSF) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Aflac (AFL) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
MetLife (MET) inscribes a deal to transfer risks related to its U.S. retail life insurance and fixed annuity products to Global Atlantic. It also announces a $1 billion buyback capacity increase.
In order to justify the effort of selecting individual stocks, it's worth striving to beat the returns from a market...
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Principal...
Aflac, Unum, Employers Holdings and AMERISAFE have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
RADNOR, Pa., May 25, 2023--Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) announced today that the board of directors of Lincoln National Corporation declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.45 per share on the corporation’s common stock. The dividend on the common stock will be payable August 1, 2023 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 10, 2023.
At its annual shareholder's meeting today, Unum Group (NYSE: UNM) President and CEO Richard McKenney expressed confidence in Unum's strategy, growth outlook and financial flexibility.
CNO Financial Group, Inc. ( NYSE:CNO ) will increase its dividend from last year's comparable payment on the 23rd of...