Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Major Banks stocks down 3.1% on average while median return down 3.1% in a day
- Major Banks stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 1.2% in a week
- Major Banks stocks down 17.9% on average while median return down 15.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TFC -31.1%, $KEY -34.9%, $CMA -36.9%, $MCB -39.1%, $CS -68.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $UBS 8.9%, $BBVA 6.3%, $AVAL 6.2%, $TRIN 4.8%, $SAN 4.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NECB -6.5%, $OPOF -9.3%, $MCB -11.2%, $RMBI -11.4%, $CS -57.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 52.1%, for the past 3 months is 39.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 73.2%, the lowest correlation is 8.2%, the latest correlation is 73.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 95.2% between BK and COF
The lowest correlation is -52.6% between AMNB and FFBW
Andrew Bailey has criticised the US government’s decision to bail out Silicon Valley Bank (SVB)’s depositors, saying the blanket guarantee increased the risk of “moral hazard” in the banking industry.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BK) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Multiple media outlets reported this week that legendary investor Warren Buffett was in discussions with senior officials of the Biden administration to provide advice and potentially discuss making an investment in some bank stocks. Buffett and his holding company Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A)(NYSE: BRK.B) are longtime bank investors and know the banking sector extremely well. In fact, Berkshire actually owned and operated a bank for several years in the 1970s before selling it over change...
First Financial (FFBC) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Wealthy Hong Kong clients of HSBC will dine with Grammy-winning recording artist Pharrell Williams on Wednesday as the bank hosts a series of events to promote the launch of an offering that allows high-net-worth individuals to get loans using "passion assets" such as artwork as collateral. The launch by HSBC, the largest lender in Hong Kong and Europe, comes as the Hong Kong government hosts a Wealth for Good in Hong Kong summit this Friday, indicating that both officials and the private sector
Credit Suisse had earlier written in an internal memo that it would pay outstanding bonuses as it tries to stick to "business as usual."
UBS Group said on Wednesday it would buy back 2.75 billion euros ($2.96 billion) worth of debt it sold just days ago in a bid to boost confidence among bondholders rattled by its $3 billion rescue of rival Credit Suisse. UBS' takeover saw holders of Credit Suisse's Additional Tier 1 bonds getting written down to zero while shareholders will receive some UBS stock, an unusual move that sees stock owners benefiting from better terms. UBS is buying back its own bonds at the price at which they we...
ZURICH, Switzerland, March 22, 2023-- UBS Group AG (NYSE:UBS) (SWX:UBSN) (the "Issuer") invites the holders of the EUR 1.5bn 4.625% fixed rate notes due March 2028 with ISIN CH1255915006 and the EUR 1.25bn 4.750% fixed rate notes due March 2032 with ISIN CH1255915014 (together the "Notes"), both of which were issued on 17 March 2023 (the "Issue Date"), to tender their Notes for cash (the "Offers").