Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Major Banks stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.5% in a day
- Major Banks stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.3% in a week
- Major Banks stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 2.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MCB 15.5%, $COF 15.4%, $SAN 15.2%, $WFC 14.8%, $DB 12.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PEBO -5.1%, $CS -5.3%, $AVAL -6.8%, $CBTX -10.2%, $BRBS -25.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AVAL 6.3%, $ALRS 5.8%, $WF 2.8%, $BCS 2.6%, $MFG 2.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $FBMS -5.0%, $AMTBB -5.0%, $CADE -5.4%, $PEBO -5.9%, $CBTX -7.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 30.7%, for the past 3 months is 28.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 51.0%, the lowest correlation is 7.4%, the latest correlation is 36.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.9% between BNS and CM
The lowest correlation is -42.9% between AMTB and BRBS
Yahoo Finance's Melody Hahm breaks down how major coporations are fighting back againt anit-LGTBQ legislation.
Guru discloses 1st-quarter trades
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 12, 2021 / The securities litigation law firm of The Gross Law Firm issues the following notice on behalf of shareholders in the following publicly traded companies. Shareholders who purchased shares in the following companies during the dates listed are encouraged to contact the firm regarding possible Lead Plaintiff appointment.
In deep appreciation of Canada's frontline healthcare workers and their unwavering commitment throughout the pandemic, CIBC and Goodfood are working together to #PlateItForward, a $2.2 million initiative that will see 100,000 meals delivered to these community heroes in cities and communities across Canada for the next four weeks.
JPMorgan stock has come off recent highs, even after the bank reported first-quarter earnings that beat estimates.
The law firm of Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP reminds investors that a securities fraud class action lawsuit has been filed against Credit Suisse Group AG (NYSE: CS) ("Credit Suisse") on behalf of those who purchased or acquired Credit Suisse American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs") between October 29, 2020 and March 31, 2021, inclusive (the "Class Period").
Barclays announces the appointment of David MacGown as a Managing Director in Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Banking. Mr. MacGown will be based in New York, and will report to Gary Antenberg and Joel Fleck, Co-Heads of FIG Americas.
BMO Capital Markets is hosting its 16th annual Farm to Market Conference on May 19th and 20th, 2021. Once again, this year's conference will be virtual and feature thematic panel sessions, company presentations and one-on-one meetings.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 12, 2021 / Levi & Korsinsky, LLP announces that class action lawsuits have commenced on behalf of shareholders of the following publicly-traded companies. Shareholders interested in serving as lead plaintiff have until the deadlines listed to petition the court.