Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Managed Health Care stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down 0.4% in a day
- Managed Health Care stocks down 2.5% on average while median return down 3.7% in a week
- Managed Health Care stocks down 1.5% on average while median return down 4.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BIOS 0.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HUM -5.5%, $MOH -8.0%, $CNC -8.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $UNH 0.6%, $BIOS 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CNC -4.1%, $CI -4.3%, $MOH -4.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 37.5%, for the past 3 months is 40.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 76.6%, the lowest correlation is -12.5%, the latest correlation is 32.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.0% between HUM and MOH
The lowest correlation is -32.2% between BIOS and CI
The companies and their rivals say their enormous size and scope makes them the best candidates to fix America’s health care system. After a new wave of mergers, they're under pressure to prove it.
- Transaction values Avertix at an enterprise value of $195 million- Avertix developed the Guardian™ System, the first and only FDA-approved solution designed to detect and warn patients of cardiac events, including silent heart attacks EATONTOWN, N.J. and NEW YORK, May 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avertix Medical, Inc. (“Avertix” or the “Company”), formerly known as Angel Medical Systems, Inc., a company focused on improving long-term management and outcomes of high-risk coronary disease in pat
Healthcare stocks are one of the best bets out there. The U.S. spends more on healthcare than any other country. In 2021, America spent 17.8% of its gross domestic product on healthcare, nearly twice as much as the average among OECD nations. Health spending per person in the U.S. was $12,914 in 2021, which was about $5,000 more than any other developed country. All told, the U.S. spends more than $4 trillion each year on healthcare, making it one of the leading sectors of the world’s biggest ec
The Board of Directors of The Cigna Group (NYSE: CI) today declared a cash dividend of $1.23 per share of its common stock, payable on June 22, 2023 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on June 7, 2023.
LONG BEACH, Calif., April 26, 2023--Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) (the "Company") today reported first quarter 2023 GAAP earnings per diluted share of $5.52 and adjusted earnings per diluted share of $5.81.
Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM) reported Q1 adjusted EPS of $9.38, up from $7.81 a year ago, beating the consensus of $9.27. Humana said in a statement that its first-quarter 2023 performance was underpinned by robust membership growth and favorable inpatient utilization trends in the individual Medicare Advantage (MA) business. The insurer reported revenue of $26.74 billion in the first quarter of 2023, up 12% from $23.9 billion a year ago, below the consensus of $26.44 billion. Humana ended the quarter
Universal Health's (UHS) Q1 results reflect strong performance in acute care and behavioral health segments. Meanwhile, the elevated expense level partially offsets the positives.
Humana (HUM) expects adjusted EPS to be at least $28.25 in 2023, up from the previous guidance of $28 per share.
Global health company The Cigna Group (NYSE:CI) has been named among the Business Group on Health's best employers for its excellence in health and well-being. This is the 16th consecutive year The Cigna Group has received this honor, which recognizes its outstanding commitment to advancing employee well-being through comprehensive and innovative benefits and initiatives.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...