Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Managed Health Care stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 0.7% in a day
- Managed Health Care stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.4% in a week
- Managed Health Care stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 2.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HUM 0.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $UNH -2.8%, $CNC -13.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MOH 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CNC -1.1%, $UNH -1.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 31.3%, for the past 3 months is 24.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 51.9%, the lowest correlation is 2.2%, the latest correlation is 40.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 83.9% between HUM and UNH
The lowest correlation is -34.3% between ANTM and UNH
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) has mergers and acquisitions on its mind. Earlier this month, it announced plans to acquire home health company Signify Health for $8 billion, beating out other bids from Amazon and UnitedHealth Group. On a recent earnings call, management at CVS also hinted that it was looking for a deal in primary care to expand its services further.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors discuss reports that Humana and CVS are interested in acquiring Cano Health.
The healthcare giants are possible purchasers of Cano Health according to people familiar with the situation, as heavyweights in the industry scramble to snap up primary-care providers.
(Bloomberg) -- Cano Health Inc., a health-care provider backed by billionaire Barry Sternlicht, is exploring options including a sale, according to people familiar with the matter. Most Read from BloombergJapan to Restore Visa-Free Travel From Oct. 11 as Covid Pandemic Recedes South Korea President Caught on Hot Mic Insulting US CongressUnless Rents Rise, Housing Is Set Up for an Epic CrashA Great Copper Squeeze Is Coming for the Global EconomyPutin's Order for 300,000 Fighters Drives Russians t
This week's announced 8.3% increase in the Consumer Price Index for August over the prior year has markets scrambling again. In times of economic uncertainty, what do we all need even if we don't want to pay for it? It might not be as exciting as Zoom or Okta, but everyone needs health insurance.
Earlier this month, CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) announced that it would acquire home health company Signify Health for $8 billion. CVS beat out big names, including Amazon and UnitedHealth Group, in its pursuit of Signify. Regulators will take a close look at the transaction, and it could face obstacles.
Extortionate college fees and oblique healthcare markets explain why being middle class in America is increasingly out of reach
Smart Beta ETF report for RPV