Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Marine Shipping stocks down 1.6% on average while median return down 1.6% in a day
- Marine Shipping stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 2.0% in a week
- Marine Shipping stocks down 14.3% on average while median return down 17.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GASS 4.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ESEA -30.6%, $GRIN -33.0%, $EGLE -35.4%, $NM -37.3%, $EDRY -38.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TNP 4.8%, $INSW 4.1%, $CMRE 3.0%, $LPG 1.8%, $NMM 1.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ESEA -4.9%, $GASS -5.2%, $GOGL -5.9%, $NM -6.2%, $GLBS -6.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 59.1%, for the past 3 months is 44.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 71.7%, the lowest correlation is 19.2%, the latest correlation is 55.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.1% between EGLE and GNK
The lowest correlation is -2.5% between DLNG and PXSAP
Increased demand at the distribution and services segment boosts Kirby (KEX). However, a weak capital position is bothersome.
In this article, we discuss 10 supply chain stocks to buy now according to Billionaire Jim Simons. You can skip our detailed analysis of Renaissance Technologies and Jim Simons’ investment philosophy and go directly to 5 Supply Chain Stocks to Buy Now According to Billionaire Jim Simons. Jim Simons is a billionaire quant investor who […]
MTDR, STNG and SOI made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on June 29, 2022.
Here is how Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMAB) and Scorpio Tankers (STNG) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Upbeat demand for midsize freighters bodes well for Air Transport Services (ATSG).
HCI, SOI, CBFV, STNG, and CSTM have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on June 29, 2022.
Passive investing in index funds can generate returns that roughly match the overall market. But if you pick the right...
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 Dear Shareholders and Investors, On May 13, 2022, we took delivery of the first of two recent suezmax tanker newbuildings from Samsung shipyard in South Korea. The vessel, which can carry one million barrels of oil, was named Nordic Harrier. We are always pleased to do business with South Korean shipbuilders, since their vessels are first-rate and always delivered on schedule. The second newbuilding, to be named Nordic Hunter, will be delivered in a few days and will als
Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE) closed at $53.01 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.66% move from the prior day.