Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Marine Shipping stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 1.3% in a day
- Marine Shipping stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.9% in a week
- Marine Shipping stocks up 4.4% on average while median return up 3.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $LPG 19.5%, $ASC 19.4%, $DHT 14.3%, $NAT 13.5%, $SBLK 13.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DAC -2.2%, $DSX -5.3%, $KNOP -5.9%, $GASS -7.0%, $GLNG -7.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ASC 8.7%, $SBLK 8.0%, $STNG 5.4%, $GASS 4.6%, $EDRY 4.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $FRO -4.2%, $GNK -6.0%, $TNP -7.0%, $NM -7.3%, $DSX -10.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 22.0%, for the past 3 months is 31.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 33.6%, the lowest correlation is 6.2%, the latest correlation is 9.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.0% between EURN and FRO
The lowest correlation is -68.5% between ATCO and HMLP
Southwest Airlines (LUV) is benefiting from a recovery in air-travel demand. Rising expenses related to fuel prices, labor and airport costs and softness in managed business revenues weigh on the bottom line.
The deal is expected to boost Norfolk Southern's (LUV) railway operations geographically.
C.H. Robinson (CHRW) has a solid dividend growth track record over the past five years.
Zacks.com users have recently been watching Euroseas Ltd. (ESEA) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
If you are looking for stocks that are well positioned to maintain their recent uptrend, Ardmore Shipping (ASC) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
ATHENS, Greece, Nov. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Shipping Inc. (NYSE: DSX), (the “Company”), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership and bareboat charter-in of dry bulk vessels, today announced that, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, it has entered into a time charter contract with Western Bulk Carriers AS, for one of its Ultramax dry bulk vessels, the m/v DSI Aquila. The gross charter rate is US$13,300 per day, minus a 5% commission paid to third parties, for a
In a market like this, you always can find dividend stocks to buy. If you’re like most investors, you probably can’t wait for 2023. History books will show that 2022 was a huge disappointment for the stock market, although it did create some compelling opportunities for top-tier dividend stocks. First of all, dividend stocks are a huge benefit in any portfolio. Dividend stocks pay a quarterly or monthly payment to shareholders, who can use the money for income (a great idea for retirees). Or for
Navigator Holdings ( NYSE:NVGS ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$106.8m (up 4.0% from 3Q...
In the latest trading session, Golar LNG (GLNG) closed at $24.64, marking a +1.15% move from the previous day.
MONACO, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scorpio Tankers Inc. (NYSE:STNG) (“Scorpio Tankers,” or the “Company”) announced that the President of the Company, Robert Bugbee, has purchased call options on 150,000 common shares (or 1,500 call option contracts) of the Company with a strike price of $60.00 and on 310,000 common shares (or 3,100 option contracts) of the Company with a strike price of $55.00 for total consideration of $1,053,000. All of the call option contracts have an expiration of J