Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Marine Shipping stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Marine Shipping stocks down 0.8% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Marine Shipping stocks up 16.6% on average while median return up 12.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SINO 63.7%, $SB 60.5%, $DAC 58.0%, $NMCI 53.4%, $NMM 48.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DSSI -3.1%, $TNK -3.4%, $TNP -7.2%, $FRO -8.2%, $NAT -13.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SINO 35.9%, $GMLP 22.6%, $NMM 11.6%, $NMCI 11.4%, $GMLPP 11.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LPG -9.0%, $DSSI -9.8%, $DAC -10.5%, $GLOG -12.2%, $ASC -13.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 28.9%, for the past 3 months is 29.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 46.5%, the lowest correlation is 3.6%, the latest correlation is 46.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.2% between INSW and NAT
The lowest correlation is -48.8% between CMRE and GMLPP
Golar LNG (GLNG) & Stonepeak enter into a definitive agreement with New Fortress Energy to sell Hygo in a transaction with an enterprise value of $3.1 billion and an equity value of $2.18 billion.
Top Ranked Momentum Stocks to Buy for January 14th
Companies in the news are: ACOR, FRSX, GMLP, WIMI
They could be potential bargain opportunities
The Meaning Behind Value Stocks A value stock is traditionally defined in terms of how investors in the marketplace are valuing that company's future growth prospects. Low P/E multiples are good base indicators that the company is undervalued and can most likely be labelled as a value stock.The following stocks are considered to be notable value stocks in the energy sector: 1. Delek Logistics Partners (NYSE:DKL) - P/E: 9.16 2. Tsakos Energy Navigation (NYSE:TNP) - P/E: 6.69 3. Overseas Shiph...
MONACO, Jan. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scorpio Tankers Inc. (NYSE:STNG) (“Scorpio Tankers,” or the “Company”) announced that the President of the Company, Robert Bugbee, has purchased call options on an aggregate of 300,000 common shares (or 3,000 call option contracts) of the Company for total consideration of $750,000. The option contracts have a strike price of $12.00 and an expiration of July 2021. About Scorpio Tankers Inc.Scorpio Tankers is a provider of marine transportation of petro...
Shares of Golar LNG (NASDAQ: GLNG) surged more than 15% by 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday. Fueling the LNG stock was a deal to sell its joint-venture interest in Hygo Energy and stake in Golar LNG Partners (NASDAQ: GMLP) to New Fortress Energy (NASDAQ: NFE). Golar LNG and its partner Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners have agreed to sell their Hygo Energy Transition joint venture to New Fortress Energy.
The Board of Golden Ocean Group Limited (NASDAQ and OSE: GOGL) (“Golden Ocean” or the “Company”) announced an option holder has exercised options to acquire 100,000 shares in the Company in accordance with the terms previously disclosed. The option exercise will be settled in full with treasury shares held by the Company. Following the delivery of the shares, Golden Ocean will hold a total of 845,000 treasury shares.January 13, 2021Hamilton, BermudaThe Board of Directors Golden Ocean Group Limi...
ATHENS, Greece, Jan. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Shipping Inc. (NYSE: DSX) (the "Company"), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership of dry bulk vessels, today announced that it is amending the terms of its previously announced cash tender offer (the “Tender Offer”) to purchase up to 6,000,000 shares of its outstanding common stock to increase the price at which it will purchase shares of common stock to $2.50 per share from $2.00 per share. The closing price of the Company...
GLYFADA, Greece, Jan. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Globus Maritime Limited (the “Company” or "Globus") (NASDAQ: GLBS), a dry bulk shipping company, announced today that it has secured new time charter employment for its vessel Star Globe (a 56,867-deadweight ton built Supramax dry bulk carrier built in 2010, at Kouan Shipbuilding Industry Shipyard in China). The vessel has been chartered to an unrelated charterer. The charter commences today, January 13, 2021, and has a minimum duration of five...