Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Mortgage Insurers stocks up 0.7% on average while median return up -0.3% in a day
- Mortgage Insurers stocks up 5.9% on average while median return up 5.2% in a week
- Mortgage Insurers stocks up 14.3% on average while median return up 11.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MBI 28.3%, $GNW 24.1%, $AMBC 14.2%, $AGO 13.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MBI 17.7%, $AMBC 6.5%, $AGO 5.8%, $ACGL 5.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 45.9%, for the past 3 months is 50.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 90.1%, the lowest correlation is 20.7%, the latest correlation is 20.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.8% between ESNT and MTG
The lowest correlation is 0.1% between GNW and MBI
NEW YORK, October 18, 2021--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC), a financial services holding company, today announced that it will release third quarter 2021 results on November 8, 2021 following the close of the market.
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
Does MGIC Investment (MTG) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Marsh & McLennan (MMC) forms the Cyber Risk Analytics Center - a combination of the expertise of its four business units. The move is aimed at helping clients in managing cyber risks.
Radian (RDN) could be a solid choice for shorter-term investors looking to capitalize on the recent price trend in fundamentally sound stocks. It is one of the many stocks that passed through our shorter-term trading strategy-based screen.
We know that hedge funds generate strong, risk-adjusted returns over the long run, therefore imitating the picks that they are collectively bullish on can be a profitable strategy for retail investors. With billions of dollars in assets, smart money investors have to conduct complex analyses, spend many resources and use tools that are not always […]
Progressive (PGR) holds potential to reap benefits driven by higher premiums from Transportation Network Company business and solid financial position, offset by elevated expenses.
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. Better yet, you'd like to see the share...
MGIC Investment Corporation (NYSE: MTG) has announced plans to release its third quarter 2021 financial results after the market closes on Wednesday November 3, 2021. A conference call/webcast has been scheduled for 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday November 4, 2021 to discuss the Company's results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021.
DLTH, MTG, WRLD, OOMA, and SU have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on October 14, 2021.