Aggregated price index with volume information
- Mortgage Insurers stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.5% in a day
- Mortgage Insurers stocks down 2.2% on average while median return down 1.5% in a week
- Mortgage Insurers stocks down 3.0% on average while median return down 4.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AGO 4.0%, $ACGL 3.4%, $GNW 2.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AMBC -5.6%, $ESNT -6.5%, $MBI -6.7%, $RDN -7.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ESNT -2.3%, $AMBC -4.2%, $NMIH -4.3%, $MBI -4.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 53.0%, for the past 3 months is 42.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 82.9%, the lowest correlation is -0.0%, the latest correlation is 60.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.3% between ESNT and MTG
The lowest correlation is 16.4% between MBI and RDN
Insurance stocks are back in favor as investors search for a place to put their money. Several of these IBD 50 names have hit all-time highs.
These value stocks trade on the New York Stock Exchange
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
Chubb, Arch Capital Group, Cincinnati Financial, Axis Capital Holdings and ProAssurance are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Arch Capital Group (NASDAQ:ACGL) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 14% over...
Rising quarterly and annual earnings estimates are starting to make these companies stand out among their respective sectors with now looking like a great time to buy their stocks.
Frequent catastrophes resulting in an accelerated policy renewal rate and upward pricing pressure are likely to boost the performance of Zacks Property and Casualty Insurance industry players like CB, ACGL, CINF, AXS and PRA.
Meta leads five resilient stocks worth watching. But investors need to be patient amid the market correction.
Riding on better pricing, increased technology advancements, exposure growth and global expansion, ACGL, KNSL, RDN and PRI have outperformed the industry, the Finance sector and the S&P 500 composite.
NMI Holdings (NMIH) stock rallies on the back of new business production, higher single premium policy cancellations, improved total mortgage origination volume and a strong capital position.