Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 1.0% on average while median return up 1.0% in a day
- Newspaper Publishers stocks down 1.6% on average while median return down 1.1% in a week
- Newspaper Publishers stocks down 13.1% on average while median return down 10.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NYT -16.4%, $GCI -25.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SCHL 2.3%, $DJCO 1.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NYT -3.6%, $GCI -6.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 53.4%, for the past 3 months is 40.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 71.1%, the lowest correlation is 1.7%, the latest correlation is 22.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.1% between GCI and SCHL
The lowest correlation is 11.9% between DJCO and LEE
NEW YORK, June 29, 2022--The New York Times Company’s Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $.09 per share on the Company’s Class A and Class B common stock. The dividend is payable on July 21, 2022, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 11, 2022.
(Bloomberg) -- Inside some technology industry bellwethers, discussion of the Supreme Court decision overturning abortion rights turned contentious Friday, prompting managers to take steps to quell discord.Most Read from BloombergRussia Defaults on Foreign Debt for First Time Since 1918Hyundai Quietly Climbs the EV Sales Charts and Elon Musk NoticesRep. Mary Miller Calls Roe Decision ‘Victory for White Life’Russia Is Hours Away From Its First Foreign Default in a CenturyGermany Pushes for G-7 Re
(Bloomberg) -- The historic reverberations of Donald Trump’s one term in the Oval Office were evidenced Friday when the three justices he appointed to the Supreme Court tipped the scales to overturn the constitutional right to an abortion. Most Read from BloombergSupreme Court Overturns Roe, Transforming Abortion-Rights FightStocks Roar Back With Best Week in a Month: Markets WrapJuul’s Vaping Products Are Ordered Off the Market in the US‘Coast to Coast’ Housing Correction Is Coming, Says Moody’
The shuttered Milwaukee Journal Sentinel plant in West Milwaukee may get a new occupant: the Chicago Tribune.
(Bloomberg) -- On May 17, as several states held their primary elections, Jesse Littlewood searched the internet using a tool called CrowdTangle to spot the false narratives he knew could change perceptions of the results: damaging stories about ballots being collected and dropped off in bulk by unauthorized people, who the misinformation peddlers called “ballot mules.”Most Read from BloombergElon Musk Says New Tesla Plants Are ‘Money Furnaces’ Losing BillionsThe World’s Bubbliest Housing Market
In this article we present the list of 10 Stocks That Have Grabbed Stanley Druckenmiller’s Attention in 2022. Click to skip ahead and see the 5 Stocks That Have Grabbed Stanley Druckenmiller’s Attention in 2022. Teck Resources Ltd (USA) (NYSE:TECK), Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE:PXD), and Coterra Energy Inc. (NYSE:CTRA) are three energy stocks that have […]
Daily Journal Corporation ( NASDAQ:DJCO ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 15% in the...
The former Milwaukee Journal Sentinel printing plant, which closed in May, has been listed at a price of $26.2 million and is being marketed as an industrial distribution facility.
(Bloomberg) -- YouTube removed a video clip of part of the US congressional hearings over the Jan. 6 riots because it contained comments from former President Donald Trump that the company considered to be misinformation that violated its policy on election integrity.Most Read from BloombergUS Futures Gain With European Stocks; Dollar Slips: Markets WrapPutin May Win in Ukraine, But the Real War Is Just StartingHousing’s Slowdown Has Economy on the EdgePutin Gets Unexpected Pushback From Ally Ov
(Bloomberg) -- Justice Sonia Sotomayor said she is confident the US Supreme Court will eventually “regain the public’s confidence,” offering an optimistic message to a liberal audience even as the court considers eliminating the constitutional right to abortion and expanding gun rights.Most Read from BloombergChina Says It May Have Detected Signals From Alien CivilizationsMusk, Tesla, SpaceX Are Sued for Alleged Dogecoin Pyramid Scheme'Drip Pricing' Is Turning Checkout Into a Nasty SurpriseUS Eq