Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Newspaper Publishers stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down 0.1% in a day
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 3.8% on average while median return up 2.3% in a week
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 0.7% on average while median return up 0.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GCI 5.1%, $LEE 2.1%, $MDP 0.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DJCO -8.4%, $SCHL -11.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GCI 11.6%, $LEE 8.0%, $MDP 3.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DJCO -2.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 16.6%, for the past 3 months is 6.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 35.7%, the lowest correlation is -9.4%, the latest correlation is 0.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 70.5% between GCI and SCHL
The lowest correlation is -39.8% between AHC and TPCO
The Zacks Rank offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks and build a winning investment portfolio. Here's why you should take advantage.
NEW YORK, June 30, 2021--The New York Times Company’s Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend.
(Bloomberg) -- TikTok, the short-video social-media platform popular among teens, said it removed more than 7 million accounts belonging to children under 13 during the first quarter, taking a significant step in enforcing the required age of users on the app.Of more than 11.1 million accounts that were removed for violating the app’s guidelines, 7.26 million of them were from users suspected of being under the age guidelines, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday. It was the first time T
(Bloomberg) -- John McAfee’s death last week in a Spanish prison complicates the U.S. government’s intent to recover millions of dollars it says the software tycoon owed in taxes and allegedly ill-gotten gains from promoting cryptocurrencies.McAfee, who decades ago founded the anti-virus company that bears his name, was found dead in his cell just hours after Spanish courts approved his extradition to the U.S. to face charges of tax evasion. U.S. prosecutors accused McAfee of not filing tax retu
The New York Times Company's (NYT) greater emphasis on subscription revenues and lower dependency on traditional advertising revenues positions it favorably for growth.
MCLEAN, Va., June 24, 2021--USA TODAY’s High School Sports Awards, presented by the U.S. Polo Assn., announced a new national show airing on August 5 hosted by Michael Strahan, co-host of "Good Morning America," and Pro Football Hall of Famer, Rob Gronkowski, tight end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The awards show, one of the largest high school sports recognition programs in the country, will honor the nation's best student athletes and feature some of the biggest names in professional sports.
MCLEAN, Va., Jun 22, 2021--USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co. Inc. (NYSE: GCI), announced it will auction its inaugural non-fungible token (NFT) inspired by the first newspaper delivered to space in 1971. Powered by Origin’s NFT Launchpad, which was chosen for its ability to host record-breaking NFT sales on an industry-leading tech platform, the auction will consist of a unique mosaic incorporating more than 300 images from 50 years of space coverage. All auction proceeds will benefit the A
(Bloomberg) -- Steven Spielberg, the father of the modern movie blockbuster, signed a multiyear deal to provide films for Netflix Inc., promising a stream of new pictures for the online video leader.The multifilm agreement with Amblin Partners builds on an existing relationship, the parties said Monday in a statement. They’ve already teamed up on last year’s “The Trial of the Chicago 7” and the Leonard Bernstein biopic “Maestro,” which is in preproduction. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.Net