Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.3% in a day
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 2.5% in a week
- Newspaper Publishers stocks up 15.1% on average while median return up 13.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GCI 44.6%, $NYT 19.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LEE -4.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GCI 6.1%, $SCHL 3.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NYT -2.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 16.7%, for the past 3 months is 10.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 69.4%, the lowest correlation is -23.0%, the latest correlation is 11.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 68.7% between GCI and NYT
The lowest correlation is -20.5% between DJCO and NYT
MCLEAN, Va., November 22, 2022--Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett", "we", "us", "our", or the "Company") (NYSE: GCI) today announced that its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Reed, and its Chief Financial Officer, Doug Horne, will participate at the following conference:
The Courier Journal newsroom voted in favor of joining a union Friday afternoon, just a day after the paper's owner, Gannett Co. Inc., announced another round of layoffs coming before the holiday season.
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Mid Cap Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTMX returned -2.43%, Advisor Class fund APDMX posted a return of -2.42%, and Institutional Class fund APHMX returned -2.41%, compared to a […]
Miller Value Partners, an investment management company, released its “Deep Value Strategy” third-quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the Deep Value Strategy was down 14.67% net of fees compared to the S&P 500 Index, which was down 5.74%. Year-to-date, the strategy was down 23.4% (net […]
Many stocks this year have simply been forgotten due to high inflation, rising interest rates, and brutal market conditions.
In this article, we discuss Charlie Munger’s stock portfolio and his 5 biggest stock positions. You can skip our introductory talk on Charlie Munger and read Charlie Munger Stock Portfolio: 2 Biggest Positions. Charlie Munger, the 98-year-old billionaire investor and a partner of Warren Buffett, bought the Daily Journal in late 1970s through the New […]
News Corporation's (NWSA) lower-than-expected first-quarter fiscal 2023 results reflect the softness in revenues across all the segments except the Dow Jones unit.
MCLEAN, Va., November 08, 2022--Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett", "we", "us", "our", or the "Company") (NYSE: GCI) today announced that its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Reed, and its President of Digital Marketing Solutions, Kris Barton, will participate virtually in a fireside chat at the BTIG Technology Innovation Summit on Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 3:30 pm ET.
More than 200 Gannett staffers are staging a one-day strike Friday to push for better wages and benefits and protest layoffs and furloughs, among other cost-cutting measures at the news publisher. The striking staffers, from 14 of the company’s newsrooms, won’t work Friday, said a spokeswoman for the NewsGuild, a division of the Communications Workers of America union that represents members across Gannett publications. Gannett said the work stoppage wouldn’t prevent it from delivering news ...
NY Times' (NYT) third-quarter 2022 results reflect an increase in subscription revenues. Management envisions total fourth-quarter subscription revenues to increase about 17-20%.