Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- NextGen Driving Tech stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 0.8% in a day
- NextGen Driving Tech stocks down 9.0% on average while median return down 7.9% in a week
- NextGen Driving Tech stocks down 16.0% on average while median return down 16.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $VOXX 16.5%, $MVIS 15.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NXPI -20.8%, $ON -21.0%, $STM -23.0%, $AMBA -24.1%, $VLDR -39.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VOXX 2.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $STM -10.2%, $ON -11.6%, $AMBA -13.1%, $NVDA -15.2%, $VLDR -20.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 67.6%, for the past 3 months is 70.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 90.2%, the lowest correlation is 12.5%, the latest correlation is 12.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.0% between DRIV and EKAR
The lowest correlation is 2.2% between VLDR and VOXX
It didn't matter whether it was widely followed start-ups like Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ: RIVN) and Lucid Group (NASDAQ: LCID) or the sector leader Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA). Rivian shares dropped 18%, Lucid 15%, and Tesla was down 11.2%, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. In fact, Rivian has dropped a whopping 86% from its peak reached last November, while Lucid and Tesla are off 71% and 46%, respectively, from their highs last fall.
Don't feed the bear market; prepare for the next bull run. BYD sales should top Tesla deliveries in Q2.
Shares of Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) plunged this week after the company's stock received a price target cut, some analysts had a few negative comments about the chip market, and investors worried that comments made from another chip company about slowing demand might mean bad news for Nvidia as well. Investors panicked a bit on all this news and sent the semiconductor stock falling 15.3% over the past week. Nvidia started off the week with Morgan Stanley warning that there could be a potential slo...
China's BYD is in a buy zone, with looming sales data set to confirm that it's seized Tesla's EV sales crown.
China EV sales boomed in the second quarter for the country's emerging automakers, as Covid headwinds to production ease. Xpeng outsold Nio and Li Auto, with a strong June capping a volatile quarter for the startups.
NIO, XPeng and Li Auto deliver a total of 41,280 vehicles in June. That's the best month ever for the three Chinese electric-vehicle makers combined.
Tesla deliveries for the second quarter should decline due to Shanghai plant production woes. Shares edged lower Monday.
CoPilot CEO and Founder Pat Ryan sits down with Yahoo Finance Live to break down the demand for electric and hybrid vehicles as gas prices continue to rise, how Tesla owners are re-selling their cars, and new car pricing.
Almost every analyst on Wall Street knew that the memory chip company Micron Technology was likely to provide quarterly guidance below previous Street estimates. Micron’s revenue outlook for the August quarter came in almost $2 billion below the old consensus level. Micron shares are trading sharply lower on Friday, down 6% to $52.02 after hitting a 52-week low earlier in the session.
Discipline is the most important trait for day traders, says stock trading educator Teri Ijeoma.