Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Oil & Gas Production stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 2.1% in a day
- Oil & Gas Production stocks up 6.4% on average while median return up 6.8% in a week
- Oil & Gas Production stocks up 18.7% on average while median return up 19.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PBT 48.9%, $VET 48.3%, $ESTE 44.6%, $AMR 43.5%, $CPG 41.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GBR -3.1%, $TENG -5.2%, $NEXT -5.5%, $ENSV -17.7%, $CEI -31.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $REPX 22.2%, $WTI 20.9%, $RRC 16.5%, $EGY 15.2%, $FLNG 13.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $EPM -1.5%, $GBR -2.0%, $NEXT -2.6%, $CEI -9.1%, $ENSV -10.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.6%, for the past 3 months is 33.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 55.6%, the lowest correlation is 24.3%, the latest correlation is 44.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.0% between COP and EOG
The lowest correlation is -31.8% between AFGC and CEI
Energy companies like Devon and Pioneer and those in resources like Freeport and Newmont have new formulas to return capital to shareholders.
The stock market rally is on the back foot, while the Nasdaq has lagged the S&P 500 for nearly a year. But Apple is holding up.
Minot, ND, based Investment company Viking Fund Management Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Caterpillar Inc, CenterPoint Energy Inc, Exxon Mobil Corp, Visa Inc, Cisco Systems Inc, sells 3M Co, Canadian Natural Resources, Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp, SolarEdge Technologies Inc, Truist Financial Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Viking Fund Management Llc.
Investment company FourThought Financial, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Northrop Grumman Corp, Lockheed Martin Corp, Xcel Energy Inc, AbbVie Inc, DocuSign Inc, sells AT&T Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Nike Inc, Southwest Airlines Co, Alphabet Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, FourThought Financial, LLC.
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / January 14, 2022 / Camber Energy, Inc. (NYSE American:CEI) ("Camber" or the "Company, announced that on January 14, 2022 it received a letter from the NYSE American(the "Exchange") in response to the Company's request for an extension of the date by which the Company is to file outstanding financial reports.
Brings the country's largest natural gas producer new ESG standards with MiQ and Equitable Origin.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre gives an outlook in the oil and energy market for today.
Sizemore Capital Management CIO Charles Sizemore joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss fourth quarter bank earnings, inflation, and the energy sector.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]