Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oil & Gas Production stocks down 2.8% on average while median return down 2.9% in a day
- Oil & Gas Production stocks down 4.5% on average while median return down 4.8% in a week
- Oil & Gas Production stocks up 20.1% on average while median return up 9.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TELL 155.1%, $BRN 57.0%, $CEI 49.9%, $REI 45.2%, $SM 41.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CPE -7.4%, $SWN -8.3%, $HPR -13.1%, $WLL -13.9%, $PNRG -17.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TELL 35.9%, $HUSA 20.7%, $SNDE 14.2%, $TGC 13.4%, $DEN 10.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DVN -15.7%, $TALO -16.8%, $CPE -16.8%, $MUR -18.3%, $MCF -21.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 31.0%, for the past 3 months is 30.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 46.8%, the lowest correlation is 10.2%, the latest correlation is 20.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.6% between APA and DVN
The lowest correlation is -56.1% between AFGC and DEN
CNX Resources' (CNX) fourth-quarter earnings are expected to have gained from its cost-control measures and a solid hedging strategy.
Considering the lingering uncertainty over natural gas, investors are advised to hold onto stocks like EQT (EQT), Antero Resources (AR) and Southwestern Energy (SWN).
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: TOTAL, Enerplus, Eni, Suncor Energy and Imperial Oil
American Petroleum Institute CEO Mike Sommers joined Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the energy sector's outlook is under the Biden's administration.
Eni's (E) majority-owned Var Energi receives 10 exploration licenses on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, consisting of five operatorships and five partnerships.
To tap the energy market's rally, it will be prudent to invest in momentum stocks that have more upside left. Our choices are TOTAL (TOT), Enerplus (ERF), Eni (E), Suncor Energy (SU) and Imperial Oil (IMO).
Murphy Oil, which produces from hundreds of square miles in the Gulf of Mexico, fell 14%. EOG Resources and Devon Energy both fell more than 7% on the day.
Oil companies are about to report downbeat results for the fourth quarter, but Goldman Sachs analyst Brian Singer says the figures have the potential to lift the stocks.
OKLAHOMA CITY, Jan. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Devon Energy Corp. (NYSE: DVN) will host its fourth-quarter and full-year 2020 earnings conference call earlier than previously announced. The conference call will be held at 9 a.m. Central Time (10 a.m. Eastern Time) on Wednesday, Feb. 17. The call will consist primarily of answers to questions from analysts and investors. A webcast link to the conference call will be provided on Devon’s website at www.devonenergy.com. A replay will be available ...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / January 20, 2021 / The securities litigation law firm of The Gross Law Firm issues the following notice on behalf of shareholders in the following publicly traded companies. Shareholders who purchased shares in the following companies during the dates listed are encouraged to contact the firm regarding possible Lead Plaintiff appointment.