Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up 2.1% in a day
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 3.7% on average while median return up 4.0% in a week
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 15.6% on average while median return up 16.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NEX 60.0%, $KLXE 40.7%, $RES 33.9%, $OIS 32.2%, $DRQ 31.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RCON -20.3%, $ENG -27.1%, $IO -38.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CCLP 15.9%, $OIS 12.6%, $DRQ 12.2%, $PUMP 10.7%, $HAL 10.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NINE -3.2%, $IO -4.3%, $MIND -5.4%, $RCON -7.1%, $ENG -9.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 31.6%, for the past 3 months is 32.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.9%, the lowest correlation is 12.1%, the latest correlation is 31.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.3% between CHX and FTI
The lowest correlation is -47.3% between FTSI and MINDP
Wilks Brothers, LLC ("Wilks") today announced that WB Acquisitions Inc., a subsidiary of Wilks ("Merger Sub"), Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) ("Dawson") and Wilks, have agreed to a series of amendments to the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated October 25, 2021 as amended by Amendment No. 1 dated December 14, 2021 and Amendment No. 2 dated January 4, 2022, by and among Dawson, Wilks and Merger Sub (as so amended, the "Merger Agreement") that are intended to facilitate completion of th
HOUSTON, January 07, 2022--Nine Energy Service, Inc. Receives Notice from NYSE Regarding Continued Listing Requirements
AUSTIN, Texas, January 07, 2022--USA Compression Partners, LP (NYSE: USAC) ("USA Compression") today announced that its senior management will participate in the UBS Winter Infrastructure & Energy Conference. Senior management expects to participate in a series of virtual meetings with members of the investment community on January 11, and presentation materials used during these meetings will be posted to USA Compression’s website prior to the investor meetings. Please visit the Investor Relati
FORT WORTH, Texas, January 07, 2022--FTSI Receives Notice of Non-Compliance From NYSE American
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre discusses how the oil market performed this week.
U.S. energy firms continued to add oil and natural gas rigs this week after increasing the rig count in 2021 after two years of declines.
ExxonMobil's (XOM) divestment of its West Qurna 1 stake would follow its 32% interest sale last year in a key exploration block in Iraq's Kurdistan region.
NexTier Oilfield Solutions (NEX) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Shares of ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM), Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY), and Core Laboratories (NYSE: CLB) rose sharply this week, with these stocks up 11.6%, 13.2%, and 14.3% on the week, respectively, as of 3 p.m. ET on Thursday. Better news about the omicron coronavirus variant, strong U.S. jobs growth, and a drama-free OPEC+ meeting all boosted sentiment for demand, pointing to a scenario in which the omicron variant's impact on the economy would likely be less than feared. More good economic n...
NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc. (NYSE: NEX) ("NexTier" or the "Company") announced that the Board of Directors (the "Board") of the Company has increased the size of the Board from nine members to ten members and appointed Bernardo Rodriguez to serve as an independent director to fill the newly created vacant seat, such appointment to be effective January 5, 2022.