Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks down 2.0% on average while median return down 2.2% in a day
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down 0.6% in a week
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks down 7.2% on average while median return down 7.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CCLP 39.4%, $DOV 5.2%, $NR 3.5%, $AROC 2.0%, $GEOS 0.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PUMP -14.1%, $CLB -14.4%, $TDW -14.8%, $PFIE -15.5%, $NINE -42.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CCLP 20.6%, $TUSK 7.9%, $NR 5.8%, $RNGR 4.9%, $TDW 3.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DRQ -3.6%, $NGS -4.6%, $DWSN -4.9%, $TTI -6.2%, $PFIE -9.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 35.5%, for the past 3 months is 32.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 53.4%, the lowest correlation is 1.4%, the latest correlation is 36.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.5% between OII and OIS
The lowest correlation is -56.1% between NESR and NEX
Enbridge's (ENB) $500M pipeline tunnel project gains Michigan regulators' approval, drawing support for energy security as well as criticism for potential environmental risks.
PBR, SHEL, FTI and NOG emerge as the energy headline makers during the week.
Key Insights KLX Energy Services Holdings' significant individual investors ownership suggests that the key decisions...
Petrobras (PBR) ends Lubnor refinery's $54M deal with Grepar due to failure in meeting certain conditions. This deal termination poses challenges for Petrobras and the Brazilian refining industry.
Chevron's (CVX) Richmond refinery near San Francisco resumes operations following an overnight power outage, ensuring uninterrupted operations and supply to customers.
SLB, Halliburton, Weatherford International and Oceaneering International have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
Baker Hughes (BKR) reachead $33.82 at the closing of the latest trading day, reflecting a -0.44% change compared to its last close.
MIDLAND, Texas, November 28, 2023--ProPetro Appoints Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer
Shell's (SHEL) Prelude LNG facility, nearing the completion of extensive maintenance, is poised for a strategic comeback, aiding the global LNG market.
Suncor Energy (SU) restarts the Terra Nova oil field, ensuring 10 more years of production, an economic boost for Newfoundland and showcasing sustainability commitment.