Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 2.7% on average while median return up 1.8% in a week
- Oilfield Services/Equipment stocks up 13.9% on average while median return up 14.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $IO 49.3%, $LBRT 44.8%, $RES 38.6%, $NGS 32.6%, $PUMP 30.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MINDP -2.1%, $KLXE -7.3%, $MIND -8.0%, $RCON -10.5%, $FTK -20.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $IO 54.6%, $LBRT 11.7%, $NESRW 11.0%, $WTTR 9.7%, $EXTN 9.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $KLXE -4.8%, $DRQ -4.9%, $MIND -4.9%, $SOI -5.9%, $PED -13.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 29.9%, for the past 3 months is 32.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 50.7%, the lowest correlation is -1.2%, the latest correlation is -0.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 84.4% between FTI and HLX
The lowest correlation is -51.5% between CCLP and MINDP
Oilfield service providers Halliburton, Schlumberger and Baker Hughes report earnings this week amid a surge in oil prices.
On Monday, Schlumberger earned an upgrade to its Relative Strength (RS) Rating, from 90 to 93. Schlumberger stock is working on a cup without handle with a 36.97 entry. Regarding fundamentals, Schlumberger stock has posted rising EPS growth over the last four quarters.
Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE: TALO) and TechnipFMC (NYSE: FTI) (PARIS: FTI) announced today that they have entered into a long-term strategic alliance to develop and deliver technical and commercial solutions to Carbon Capture and Storage ("CCS") projects along the United States Gulf Coast. The alliance combines Talos's offshore operational strength and sub-surface expertise with TechnipFMC's extended history in subsea engineering, system integration and automation and control.
NEWCASTLE & HOUSTON, October 18, 2021--TechnipFMC (NYSE: FTI) (PARIS: FTI) and Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE: TALO) announced today that they have entered into a long-term strategic alliance to develop and deliver technical and commercial solutions to Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) projects along the United States Gulf Coast. The alliance combines Talos’s offshore operational strength and sub-surface expertise with TechnipFMC’s extended history in subsea engineering, system integration and automatio
The Coral do Atlantico is the third of TechnipFMC's (FTI) pipelay support vessels to be hired by Petrobras on a long-term charter in 2021, showing higher demand for flexibles in the Brazilian market.
Shares of Core Laboratories (NYSE: CLB) slid nearly 5% by 10:30 a.m. EDT on Monday. Weighing on the oil stock was an analyst downgrade. An analyst at Bank of America downgraded the bank's rating on Core Labs from neutral to underperform.
Higher oilfield service activities are likely to have aided Baker Hughes' (BKR) Q3 earnings.
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 873 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of June 30th. In this article, we look at what those funds think of Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL) based on that data. […]