Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Online Retail stocks down 1.2% on average while median return down 1.3% in a day
- Online Retail stocks down 1.0% on average while median return down 0.9% in a week
- Online Retail stocks down 15.4% on average while median return down 13.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NFLX 5.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FTCH -25.7%, $IQ -26.0%, $VIPS -27.6%, $W -38.2%, $LE -44.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $APRN 30.2%, $FLWS 5.5%, $PDD 4.2%, $NFLX 4.0%, $ETSY 3.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BBY -7.9%, $VIPS -8.4%, $IQ -8.8%, $FTCH -13.1%, $W -13.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 55.8%, for the past 3 months is 47.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 82.4%, the lowest correlation is 7.9%, the latest correlation is 64.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.0% between IBUY and ONLN
The lowest correlation is 1.2% between LE and PDD
Constellation Energy was the best performer in the Nasdaq 100 for the third quarter. Okta was the worst.
The market has had a terrible run. Barron's takes a look at the winners and losers this quarter.
Traders betting against Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest have had a lucrative run this year.
To commemorate the launch, Netflix is also hosting a Stranger Things-themed skate night on Sept. 30 at Skate-O-Mania in Albuquerque, which served as a backdrop for the show.
Entertainment reporter Allie Canal joins the Live show to outline the impact of Netflix's debut of its Marilyn Monroe biopic and Jeffrey Dahmer true-crime series.
Harding Loevner, an asset management company, released its “Global Equity” second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, the fund returned -20.63% net of fees compared to a return of -15.53% for the MSCI All Country World Index and a return of -16.05% for the […]
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Value Fund” second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTLX returned -13.40%, Advisor Class fund APDLX posted a return of -13.32%, and Institutional Class fund APHLX returned -13.32%, compared to a […]
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Mid Cap Fund” second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTMX returned -22.47%, Advisor Class fund APDMX posted a return of -22.43%, and Institutional Class fund APHMX returned -22.40%, compared to a […]
Lakehouse Capital, an investment management company, released its “Lakehouse Global Growth Fund” August 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. August was a quiet month, and the fund returned -1.9% net of fees and expenses compared to -2.0% for its benchmark. In addition, please check the fund’s top five holdings […]
With the S&P 500 index making new lows in 2022, it is crucial investors stay the course and continue adding high-quality businesses to their portfolios -- through dollar-cost averaging, if possible. Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) is currently light on profits yet is vital to the burgeoning U.S. e-commerce industry. Adyen (OTC: ADYE.Y) and InMode (NASDAQ: INMD) offer the beautiful pairing of high sales growth and strong free cash flow (FCF) creation and profitability.