Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Online Retail stocks up 2.1% on average while median return up 1.7% in a day
- Online Retail stocks up 11.2% on average while median return up 7.9% in a week
- Online Retail stocks up 24.6% on average while median return up 21.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $W 67.5%, $FTCH 58.6%, $SHOP 43.4%, $BABA 40.8%, $IQ 37.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $W 44.4%, $SHOP 27.0%, $PETS 18.3%, $IQ 17.6%, $PDD 16.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 37.1%, for the past 3 months is 44.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 66.7%, the lowest correlation is 10.3%, the latest correlation is 32.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 95.9% between IBUY and ONLN
The lowest correlation is -43.2% between LE and MELI
Tesla Inc's electric vehicles are expensive to repair - so much so that the automaker and insurers are addressing the issue in sharply different ways. Chief Executive Elon Musk says Tesla is making design and software changes to its vehicles to lower repair costs and insurance premiums. Insurance carriers, meanwhile, are writing off low-mileage Tesla Model Ys that have been in crashes, and sending them to salvage auctions after deeming many too expensive to repair.
When Etsy reports fourth-quarter results in about a month, it will end its first year of losses since 2016.
FTX lawyers released a document that lists creditors which include big name media companies, airlines, financial institutions, and schools.
On Wednesday, a federal judge released a comprehensive list of FTX’s creditors, excluding the names of individuals.
Citi analyst Tyler Radke views Shopify Inc's (NYSE: SHOP) price increases for its core monthly subscription plans as incrementally positive for the company's 2023 outlook. The company announced an average ~33% increase for its Basic, Shopify, and Advanced plans from current monthly rates of $29, $79, and $299, respectively. The analyst conducted a scenario analysis below to show the potential incremental benefits to revenue from the pricing change. In the analyst's base case scenario, Radke beli
If you've ever visited a thrift store, chances are you either loved it or hated it. Perhaps you've visited a thrift store with a menagerie of dust-covered objects from decades past or items that are...
The Dow Jones reversed lower after GDP and first-time jobless claims. Tesla stock surged on earnings and CEO Elon Musk's upbeat comments.
At its peak, Wayfair was valued at nearly $36 billion, or 2.6 times the sales it generated in 2021. Why did the bulls abandon Wayfair? Wayfair sells its furniture and home goods online through its eponymous e-commerce platform and four other websites: Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane, and Perigold.
With nearly 35% of the entire population of South Korea using its platform, Coupang is the e-commerce stalwart in the country. It provides an Uber Eats-style offering (Coupang Eats) and a streaming service called Coupang Play. Coupang also does something that few other e-commerce businesses do: It sells consumer staples.
Microsoft, Alphabet, Airbnb, Expedia Group and Booking Holdings are part of the Zacks Market Edge blog.