Aggregated price index with volume information
- Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing stocks up 1.6% on average while median return up 1.8% in a week
- Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing stocks up 7.7% on average while median return up 5.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NVMI 25.7%, $SVT 14.6%, $VRT 11.6%, $PLPC 9.8%, $CAMT 8.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ENS -0.8%, $VICR -4.0%, $FLUX -6.8%, $ARRY -11.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ARRY 8.1%, $VRT 6.9%, $PLPC 3.8%, $ESP 3.7%, $VICR 3.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SVT -0.2%, $KLAC -1.8%, $CAMT -7.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 22.9%, for the past 3 months is 17.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 43.8%, the lowest correlation is -4.5%, the latest correlation is 16.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 73.6% between ENS and PLPC
The lowest correlation is -37.3% between ARRY and CAMT
These days it's easy to simply buy an index fund, and your returns should (roughly) match the market. But you can...
SAIC (SAIC) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
NVIDIA, Vertiv Holdings, Copart, Insulet and Constellation Energy are included in this Analyst Blog.
Palantir Technologies, Pinterest and Vertiv are included in this Analyst Blog.
Top performing stocks in 2023 included those in the technology sector, taking advantage of developments in AI. The bottom performers included NVCR, which was punished because of its ovarian cancer trials' failure to improve survival rates in patients.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y., Dec. 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Espey Mfg. & Electronics Corp. (NYSE AMERICAN: ESP) has declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share. The dividend will be payable on December 22, 2023 to all shareholders of record on December 15, 2023. Espey's primary business is the development, design, and production of specialized military and industrial power supplies/transformers. The Company can be found on the Internet at www.espey.com. For f
Five momentum stocks for December are: NVDA, VRT, CPRT, CEG, PODD.
COLUMBUS, Ohio, December 04, 2023--Vertiv (NYSE: VRT), a global provider of critical digital infrastructure and continuity solutions, today announced that subsidiaries of the company have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire all of the shares of CoolTera Ltd. (CoolTera), a provider of coolant distribution infrastructure for data center liquid cooling technology and certain assets, including certain contracts, patents, trademarks, and intellectual property from an affiliate of CoolTera.
The Progressive, Pinterest, Lamb Weston, Palantir and Vertiv are included in this Analyst Blog.