Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Optical Network stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.2% in a day
- Optical Network stocks down 5.3% on average while median return down 3.5% in a week
- Optical Network stocks down 11.8% on average while median return down 10.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NPTN 0.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $VIAV -10.3%, $CIEN -11.1%, $MTSI -18.6%, $IIVI -20.7%, $AAOI -31.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $INFN 2.5%, $NPTN 0.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VIAV -4.2%, $LITE -5.3%, $MTSI -10.9%, $IIVI -11.8%, $AAOI -16.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.0%, for the past 3 months is 44.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 86.9%, the lowest correlation is 7.1%, the latest correlation is 7.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.5% between LITE and VIAV
The lowest correlation is 20.5% between AAOI and NPTN
S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") will make the following changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600 indices:
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
SAN JOSE, Calif. and MEXICO CITY and TOKYO, June 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN) and NEC Corporation (NEC: TSE: 6701) announced today that Neutral Networks deployed Infinera’s ICE6 technology for its new transnational neutral fiber optic network NEXT. The companies worked closely together to design the largest optical network modernization between Mexico and the United States, making it the largest project of its kind in the region within the last 20 years. With Infinera’s I
PITTSBURGH and SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- II‐VI Incorporated (Nasdaq: IIVI) (“II-VI”) and Coherent, Inc. (Nasdaq: COHR) (“Coherent”) today announced that II-VI has obtained antitrust clearance from the State Administration for Market Regulation of the People’s Republic of China (“SAMR”) for II-VI’s pending acquisition of Coherent. The clearance decision from SAMR satisfies the closing condition set forth in the previously announced merger agreement regarding the recei
M/A-Com (MTSI) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Fabrinet (FN) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might not help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
II-VI (IIVI) saw its shares surge in the last session with trading volume being higher than average. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions could translate into further price increase in the near term.
There’s no doubt, the bears have been in control of the market so far this year and the overall trend has been down. That said, last week, stocks were on the comeback trail in what amounted to the best performance across the board since November 2020. Whether that turnaround can be sustained remains to be seen. Even if the bear market resumes, investors will be keen to find stocks that are primed for gains even as the broader markets retreat. That’s the key to success, but turning it will be no
Adtran (ADTN) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
MACOM (MTSI) rolls out a 7.0-kilowatt power amplifier, MAPC-A1605, which is likely to aid its momentum among aerospace and defense applications.