Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Optical Network stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Optical Network stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.7% in a week
- Optical Network stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 6.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MTSI 23.0%, $INFN 18.2%, $FN 15.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ADTN -9.4%, $LITE -23.8%, $AAOI -24.2%, $VIAV -26.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VIAV 1.4%, $FN 1.2%, $INFN 1.1%, $CIEN 0.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ADTN -0.6%, $MTSI -1.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 20.7%, for the past 3 months is 27.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 53.7%, the lowest correlation is 7.8%, the latest correlation is 7.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 74.7% between ADTN and CIEN
The lowest correlation is -28.3% between FN and LITE
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. But if you buy shares in a...
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
Here is how Fabrinet (FN) and Plexus (PLXS) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Bernzott Capital Advisors, an investment management firm, published its “US Small Cap Value Fund” third-quarter 2022 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. During the third quarter of the year, the portfolio fell –9.48% (net), below the R2000V’s decline of –4.6% and the R2500V’s decline of –4.5%. Try to spare some […]
The Zacks Computer - Networking industry players like CSCO, INFN and RDCM are poised to benefit from accelerated 5G deployment, robust demand for network security and the growing prominence of smart networking.
Ciena (CIEN) plans to acquire Tibit Communications to complement its existing portfolio and expand global footprint.
HANOVER, Md., November 22, 2022--Ciena Corporation announces intent to acquire Tibit Communications and acquisition of Benu Networks.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
nVent Electric, Littelfuse and Fabrinet have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
The facility is expected to complement the strategic plan of Viavi (VIAV) to relocate its headquarters to Chandler from California and leverage the city's high quality of life at a reasonable cost.