Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Pharmaceuticals: Major stocks down 2.6% on average while median return down 2.9% in a day
- Pharmaceuticals: Major stocks down 3.8% on average while median return down 2.8% in a week
- Pharmaceuticals: Major stocks down 12.9% on average while median return down 12.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PRVB 163.8%, $RETA 107.7%, $CALT 34.6%, $TCRR 23.5%, $OPK 21.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ACER -67.5%, $VERU -68.4%, $PRAX -71.5%, $NKTR -72.1%, $FULC -72.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HSTO 31.8%, $BXRX 18.8%, $OVID 16.5%, $TARA 15.5%, $SLGL 14.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VERU -23.6%, $LRMR -25.0%, $NKTR -30.8%, $ATNX -43.9%, $ACER -55.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 14.1%, for the past 3 months is 11.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 37.8%, the lowest correlation is 2.5%, the latest correlation is 9.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 73.5% between ACER and ATNX
The lowest correlation is -49.2% between AMYT and ATXI
Moleculin Biotech, Inc., (Nasdaq: MBRX) (Moleculin or the Company), a clinical stage pharmaceutical company with a growing pipeline, including Phase 2 clinical programs, for hard-to-treat cancers and viruses, today announced recent activity, new positive data and expected near term milestones across its clinical development pipeline.
Moderna’s CEO on Wednesday defended a plan to more than quadruple the company’s COVID-19 vaccine price, but he also said the drugmaker will work to ensure patients continue paying nothing at drugstores or clinics. Stephane Bancel told the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions that the drugmaker will charge a list price of around $130 per dose for the vaccine in the U.S. More than 270 million doses of Moderna’s original COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots have been administer...
SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 89bio, Inc. (“89bio”) (Nasdaq: ETNB), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for the treatment of liver and cardio-metabolic diseases, today announced that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of $200 million of shares of its common stock or, in lieu of common stock to certain investors that so choose, pre-funded warrants to purchase shares of its common stoc
Small biotech company 89bio scored a win Wednesday in fatty liver disease, and ETNB stock rocketed well above its 50-day moving average.
Announced launch and commercial availability of FUROSCIX® (furosemide injection), the first and only self-administered, subcutaneous loop diuretic for the at-home treatment of congestion in chronic heart failure Ended Q4 with cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and investments of $118.4M Company to host investor conference call and webcast today, Wednesday, March 22, at 4:30pm ET BURLINGTON, Mass., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- scPharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: SCPH), a pharmaceutical com
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN), Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO) and QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM).
The clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, which focuses on therapies affecting the central nervous system, has seen its shares rise by 52% over the past year but fall 11% so far in 2023. The healthcare company on Tuesday released the third positive trial result regarding KarXT, a therapy to treat adults with schizophrenia. The latest trial, KarXT's Phase 3 EMERGENT-3 trial, met its primary endpoint, the company said, showing an 8.4-point reduction on the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scal...
We can readily understand why investors are attracted to unprofitable companies. For example, although...