Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Pharmaceuticals: Other stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 1.3% in a day
- Pharmaceuticals: Other stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Pharmaceuticals: Other stocks up 4.2% on average while median return up 2.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AXSM 69.1%, $AERI 68.9%, $OCUL 34.5%, $ZYNE 29.3%, $RVMD 26.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BHC -10.9%, $ACB -14.0%, $OGI -15.3%, $BPTS -15.7%, $ICPT -20.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AXSM 66.1%, $OPT 18.5%, $MDWD 12.6%, $AMPH 11.2%, $RVMD 10.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ACB -11.8%, $MDGL -11.8%, $SAVA -12.9%, $VIVK -14.8%, $AMRN -25.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 22.2%, for the past 3 months is 20.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 44.6%, the lowest correlation is 3.3%, the latest correlation is 11.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.5% between ACB and CRON
The lowest correlation is -49.4% between ANIP and BPTS
Many stocks showing relative strength now hail from the medical sector. Here's a swing trading example with UTHR stock.
MORRISTOWN, N.J., July 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:ICPT), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat progressive non-viral liver diseases, today announced that the transaction between Intercept and Advanz Pharma announced on May 5, 2022, has now closed. As a result of this transaction, Intercept’s international business has been divested and its international commercial and medical infrastru
Shares of Amarin (NASDAQ: AMRN) were trading down by 8.2% as of 11:03 a.m. ET Friday after having fallen by as much as 19.2% earlier in the session. It was the second consecutive day of declines after additional data from an exploratory post hoc sub-analysis from the company's Reduce-It cardiovascular outcomes study of Vascepa were published on the website of the medical journal Circulation. The study's findings raise doubts about whether or not Vascepa is actually effective in preventing hear...
With the S&P 500 in bear market territory (a drop of 20% or more from its most recent highs) and persistent geopolitical and economic problems, it's not clear that the end of these troubles is in sight. Eli Lilly's stock is up by an impressive 17% since the beginning of the year. While the company has delivered solid financial results, perhaps the forward-looking market is more excited about its prospects.
On June 14, 2021, Biophytis announced a convertible line of €32 million from Atlas. The financing instrument allows the issuance of 1,280 ORNANE, at a par value of €25,000 each.
-- Sub-Analysis Findings Support Prior Analyses that Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) Level is The Major Determinant of Benefit in REDUCE-IT -- DUBLIN, Ireland and BRIDGEWATER, N.J., June 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN) today announced an exploratory post hoc sub-analysis of REDUCE-IT serum samples that found statin-treated patients allocated to icosapent ethyl (IPE) had limited differences in certain lipid and inflammatory biomarkers compared with statin-treated pat
DENVER, June 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InnovAge (NASDAQ: INNV), today announced the appointment of experienced health care executive James (“Jim”) Carlson to its Board of Directors, effective June 30, 2022. Carlson will serve as non-executive Chairman. “We are thrilled that Jim is stepping into the role of Chairman of InnovAge,” said Andrew Cavanna, outgoing Chairman of the Board. “Jim’s skill set, experience and reputation makes him an ideal fit to lead the InnovAge Board.” “I have known Jim
Catalent's (CTLT) latest capability expansion is expected to boost its business in this key hub in its Asia-Pacific Clinical Supply Services network.