Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Pot stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 0.9% in a day
- Pot stocks down 12.1% on average while median return down 12.7% in a week
- Pot stocks down 7.9% on average while median return down 11.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $OGI 17.0%, $SNDL 2.2%, $GWPH 0.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $POTX -17.0%, $CRON -22.4%, $ACB -26.5%, $CGC -30.0%, $KERN -30.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $YOLO -13.1%, $CRON -14.2%, $APHA -14.2%, $VFF -17.7%, $KERN -19.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 76.1%, for the past 3 months is 69.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 94.0%, the lowest correlation is 46.8%, the latest correlation is 77.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.0% between MJ and POTX
The lowest correlation is 13.7% between GWPH and OGI
What happened Shares of major marijuana stocks including Canopy Growth (NASDAQ: CGC), Aurora Cannabis (NYSE: ACB), HEXO (NYSE: HEXO), Charlotte's Web (OTC: CWBHF), and Aphria (NASDAQ: APHA) dropped amid the tech stock sell-off this morning.
On Friday, shares of Sundial Growers (NASDAQ:SNDL) saw unusual options activity. After the option alert, the stock price moved down to $1.12. Sentiment: BEARISH Option Type: TRADE Trade Type: CALL Expiration Date: 2021-03-19 Strike Price: $0.50 Volume: 65 Open Interest: 11224 Three Signs Of Unusual Options Activity Extraordinarily large volume (compared to historical averages) is one indication of unusual options market activity. Volume refers to the total number of contracts traded over a given...
Shares of GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: GWPH) rose 40.5% in February, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. The bulk of the move came on Feb. 3 when Jazz Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: JAZZ) announced it would be purchasing GW for $7.2 billion, or the equivalent of $220 per share, made up of $200 per share in cash and $20 in Jazz stock. GW has the only drug made from cannabis, the emerging blockbuster Epidiolex.
After soaring to all-time highs last month, exchange traded funds tracking cannabis stocks are coming back down to test a key support line.
Reddit users have helped make Sundial Growers (NASDAQ: SNDL) a red-hot pot stock in 2021. Here are two under-the-radar cannabis stocks that I suspect you'll like even better than Sundial Growers. Ayr Wellness (OTC: AYRW.F) is a U.S.-based multistate cannabis operator that recently changed its name from Ayr Strategies.
Thursday was a day to forget for most stock market investors, particularly holders of marijuana titles. Industry bellwethers Canopy Growth (NASDAQ: CGC), Aurora Cannabis (NYSE: ACB), Aphria (NASDAQ: APHA), HEXO (NYSE: HEXO), and Organigram Holdings (NASDAQ: OGI) all fell harder than the S&P 500 index at declines ranging from 6.1% (Aurora) to just over 8% (Aphria).
Marijuana exchange-traded funds (ETFs) provide investors with exposure to equities of companies that engage in the cultivation, distribution, and sale of marijuana and related products. Products of marijuana companies include dried flowers, oils, seeds, edibles, and more.
DELTA, BC, March 4, 2021 /CNW/ - The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion and Member of Parliament for Delta will highlight investments under the Emergency Processing Fund to improve the safety of agri-food workers in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.Date March 5, 2020 Time 11:00 a.
Marijuana stocks have fallen from their February highs, after greater hopes for U.S. legalization. Does that make any of them good buys now?