Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Precious Metals stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Precious Metals stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down -0.0% in a week
- Precious Metals stocks up 9.6% on average while median return up 7.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $IAG 26.8%, $TGB 25.0%, $AU 23.2%, $NGD 22.3%, $FCX 21.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HYMC -0.6%, $RGLD -4.0%, $USAU -8.2%, $LODE -14.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BTG 6.5%, $BVN 6.0%, $IAG 4.4%, $GATO 4.4%, $MAG 3.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $GORO -4.5%, $MUX -5.8%, $SMTS -6.1%, $PLG -6.3%, $SBSW -6.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 43.1%, for the past 3 months is 50.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.2%, the lowest correlation is 15.1%, the latest correlation is 53.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.9% between EXK and FSM
The lowest correlation is -22.6% between DRD and FCX
Traders could go long FCX ahead of earnings on Thursday.
Dimon isn't a fan of Bitcoin. Protect your portfolio from inflation this way.
Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) shares were on fire this week, popping 14.3%, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. A torrid run in metal prices has sparked strong investor interest in the copper stock ahead of the company's quarterly earnings release. The biggest trigger for this stunning price surge is tight global supply, with copper inventories at the London Metal Exchange (LME) tumbling to levels last seen in 1974.
The market rally had its best day in months, with Google and Microsoft among new stocks flashing buy signals.
Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Vancouver, British Columbia and Johannesburg, South Africa--(Newsfile Corp. - October 14, 2021) - Platinum Group Metals Ltd. (TSX: PTM) (NYSE American: PLG) ("Platinum Group" "PTM" or the "Company") provides the following Waterberg Project update:Geotechnical DrillingA geotechnical drilling campaign at the Waterberg Project, which commenced in July 2021, is now in process of completion and demobilization. The geotechnical drilling campaign consisted of 46 boreholes drilled along the planned cent
In the latest trading session, Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) closed at $34.61, marking a -1.76% move from the previous day.
Oil prices have settled comfortably above the $80 mark as fears of demand destruction are countered by forecasts of a cold winter
A follow-through rally in coming months could easily reach the .786 Fibonacci retracement in the low 50s.
American mining giant Freeport McMoRan broke ground on Tuesday in construction of one of the world's biggest copper smelters near its existing refining operations in Indonesia. The $3 billion facility in Gresik, East Java, will have capacity of 1.7 million tonnes of copper concentrate and is expected to start operations in late 2023 or early 2024. "The smelter is built with a single line design, which is the largest in the world," Indonesian President Jokowi Widodo told a televised groundbreak...