Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Precious Metals stocks down 1.0% on average while median return down 0.9% in a day
- Precious Metals stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 2.2% in a week
- Precious Metals stocks down 10.6% on average while median return down 8.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KOR 17.8%, $RGLD 5.7%, $AU 3.0%, $HMY 1.0%, $KL 0.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PLG -24.0%, $HYMC -29.2%, $VGZ -29.7%, $GATO -30.6%, $GSS -31.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $EXN 20.3%, $LODE 8.0%, $FCX 6.0%, $SILV 3.7%, $GATO 2.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $GAU -7.6%, $FSM -9.9%, $SMTS -10.8%, $GSS -11.1%, $IAG -11.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 53.0%, for the past 3 months is 55.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 77.4%, the lowest correlation is 22.4%, the latest correlation is 63.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.7% between CDE and HL
The lowest correlation is -18.9% between GATO and HMY
In this article, we will be looking at the 11 best materials stocks for 2021. To skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, you can go directly to see the 5 Best Materials Stocks for 2021. In a time of financial volatility induced by a global pandemic and inflation all but knocking on our doors, as […]
We know that hedge funds generate strong, risk-adjusted returns over the long run, therefore imitating the picks that they are collectively bullish on can be a profitable strategy for retail investors. With billions of dollars in assets, smart money investors have to conduct complex analyses, spend many resources and use tools that are not always […]
Chile's top private miners see as "very good news" what they called a "change of tack" by senators considering a stiffer tax on mining royalties that was approved by congress's lower house last month, a spokesman for the group said on Tuesday. Joaquin Villarino, head of Chile's Mining Council, which represents major global miners such as AngloAmerican, BHP, Antofagasta, Teck and Freeport-McMoRan, said the state has the "legitimate" power to seek to increase tax revenues in moments when, as at p...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Exxon Mobil, General Motors, Freeport-McMoRan, Target and Deere