Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Precious Metals stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.7% in a day
- Precious Metals stocks up 2.5% on average while median return up 2.8% in a week
- Precious Metals stocks up 14.1% on average while median return up 13.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GATO 27.3%, $MUX 20.8%, $CDE 20.1%, $FCX 19.3%, $TGB 18.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AG -5.6%, $MAG -8.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FSM 12.3%, $GATO 9.9%, $IAG 9.1%, $NGD 8.2%, $SILV 8.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $AU -2.0%, $SBSW -3.2%, $GLDG -3.8%, $MAG -4.2%, $USAU -4.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 46.4%, for the past 3 months is 56.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 63.3%, the lowest correlation is 28.5%, the latest correlation is 46.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.4% between AEM and AUY
The lowest correlation is -41.5% between GMGI and GORO
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE:FCX) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 25, 2023 Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome to the Freeport-McMoRan Fourth Quarter Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. Later, we will conduct a question-and-answer session. I would now like to turn the conference over to […]
In this article, we discuss 15 most undervalued quality stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, 5 Most Undervalued Quality Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. Quality stocks usually have little debt, steady earnings, regular growth in assets, and effective leadership. Investors can identify […]
Vancouver, British Columbia and Johannesburg, South Africa--(Newsfile Corp. - January 26, 2023) - Platinum Group Metals Ltd. (TSX: PTM) (NYSE American: PLG) ("Platinum Group", "PTM" or the "Company") reports that an infill drill campaign (the "Infill Drill Program") underway since November, 2022, at the Waterberg Project, located on the Northern Limb of the Bushveld Complex in South Africa (the "Waterberg Project"), is well advanced. Before a scheduled break over the recent holiday period, ...
Although the revenue and EPS for Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) give a sense of how its business performed in the quarter ended December 2022, it might be worth considering how some key metrics compare with Wall Street estimates and the year-ago numbers.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MAG Silver Corp. (TSX / NYSE American: MAG) (“MAG” or the “Company”) announced today that it is has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters (the “Underwriters”) led by BMO Capital Markets and Raymond James Ltd. under which the Underwriters have agreed to buy on a bought deal basis 2,735,000 common shares (the “Common Shares”) at a price of US$14.65 per Common Share for gross proceeds of approximately US$40 million
With copper prices rising as demand from China looks to be picking up, the Phoenix-based company said that the copper fundamentals look favorable for the future. One Wall Street analyst maintained a strong buy rating on the company's shares after its fourth quarter results were released.
Freeport-McMoRan earnings topped estimates but fell vs. a year ago. FCX stock rose on bullish long-term forecasts..
Freeport's (FCX) earnings and sales beat estimates in Q4 despite lower copper and gold prices.
Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 30% and 7.81%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?