Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Precious Metals stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.1% in a day
- Precious Metals stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up 0.0% in a week
- Precious Metals stocks down 6.3% on average while median return down 4.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GATO 29.1%, $EMX 21.5%, $FCX 19.5%, $LODE 17.0%, $AG 14.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BVN -14.0%, $VGZ -14.2%, $PLG -16.9%, $GLDG -17.1%, $GORO -26.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AG 18.1%, $GSS 9.9%, $GFI 8.7%, $AU 8.5%, $EMX 7.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VGZ -5.5%, $PLG -6.0%, $LODE -6.4%, $SMTS -6.9%, $FSM -8.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.6%, for the past 3 months is 60.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 76.3%, the lowest correlation is 49.5%, the latest correlation is 55.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.1% between AU and HMY
The lowest correlation is 7.2% between BVN and HYMCW
The copper industry seems poised to do well in the future amid rising optimism on global recovery, making it a good time to watch out for names like Southern Copper (SCCO) and Freeport-McMoRan (FCX)
These are the materials stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for February 2021.
Vancouver, British Columbia and Johannesburg, South Africa--(Newsfile Corp. - January 13, 2021) - Platinum Group Metals Ltd. (TSX: PTM) (NYSE American: PLG) ("Platinum Group" "PTM" or the "Company") reports the Company's financial results for the three months ended November 30, 2020 and provides a summary of recent events and outlook. The Company is focussed on advancing the palladium dominant Waterberg Project located on the Northern Limb of the Bushveld Complex in South Africa ...
(Bloomberg) -- James Robert “Jim Bob” Moffett, the former chairman and chief executive officer of Freeport-McMoRan Inc., has died. He was 82.No cause was given in the statement released by the world’s largest listed copper producer.Moffett, a legendary wildcatter and geologist whose credits include the Grasberg copper deposit in Indonesia, built Freeport into a giant of the mining industry during his two decades as CEO and three decades as chairman. On his watch, the company rode an unprecedente...
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced today with great sadness that James Robert "Jim Bob" Moffett of Austin, Texas passed away at the age of 82. Mr. Moffett served as Chairman of Freeport-McMoRan from 1984-2015 and CEO from 1984-2003. Mr. Moffett co-founded McMoRan Exploration Co. in 1969 with B. M. "Mack" Rankin, Jr. (deceased) and W. K. McWilliams (deceased). In 1981, under Mr. Moffett’s leadership, McMoRan merged with Freeport Minerals Company to form one of the world’s leading natural...
The Municipal Employees’ Retirement System of Michigan added to positions in Treasury and bond exchange-traded funds. Its position in Gatos Silver stock rocketed in value after an IPO.
Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) closed the most recent trading day at $31.15, moving -0.06% from the previous trading session.
Rotations in the stock market, like we saw this past week, aren't easy to navigate. But they can offer opportunity.