Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Publishing: Books/Magazines stocks down 1.2% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Publishing: Books/Magazines stocks down 1.5% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Publishing: Books/Magazines stocks up 4.2% on average while median return up 4.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MDP 16.6%, $PSO 9.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SCHL -0.5%, $EDUC -7.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PSO 5.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MDP -2.7%, $EDUC -7.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 8.8%, for the past 3 months is 27.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 85.1%, the lowest correlation is -26.1%, the latest correlation is 1.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 45.0% between PSO and SCHL
The lowest correlation is -20.0% between EDUC and SCHL
TULSA, Oka., May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) today announced it has retained Three Part Advisors, LLC, a rapidly growing, full-service investor relations ("IR") consulting firm. Three Part Advisors, LLC will work directly with management of the Company to develop and execute a comprehensive, strategic investor relations program that focuses on educating investors and increasing exposure within t...
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? In a...
TULSA, Okla., April 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) reports that the Company has achieved record net revenues in March 2021 totaling approximately $19.1 million, an increase of $10.9 million, or 133%, over net revenues achieved in March 2020 of $8.2 million. The Company’s Usborne Books & More (UBAM) division achieved record net revenues in March 2021 totaling $17.9 million, an increase of $10.2 mill...
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. The flip side of that is that...
TULSA, Okla., March 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) reports that the Company has achieved record net revenues in February 2021 totaling approximately $13.0 million, an increase of $6.3 million, or 94% over net revenues achieved in February 2020 of $6.7 million. Revenues for the fiscal fourth quarter totaled approximately $40.3 million, or 100% higher than net revenues reported in the fourth quarter ...
Bizrate Insights, a Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP) company and one of the largest sources of consumer-generated reviews of online retailers in the United States, today announced the winners of its 21st annual Bizrate Circle of Excellence Award®. The award recognizes retailers that received outstanding online customer satisfaction scores throughout the previous year, as rated by millions of verified online buyers.
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP: Meredith.com) PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL's Poderosas Virtual Conference, focused on guiding, mentoring, and inspiring a community of entrepreneurs and career-driven individuals, will center this year's conversation around the evolution of Latina power through the years. This interactive free digital experience is scheduled for March 26th and will feature celebrity panelists from the People en Español 'Ahijada and Madrina' (goddaughter and godmother) program such as Inde...
It is not uncommon to see companies perform well in the years after insiders buy shares. Unfortunately, there are also...
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) FOOD & WINE announces that Kwame Onwuachi will be a contributing Executive Producer, effective immediately. In this new role, Onwuachi will collaborate with the editorial team to develop content for the brand across FOOD & WINE's print, digital, and video channels and will play an integral role in signature initiatives and events, including the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen and the FOOD & WINE Best New Chefs Mentorship Program. Onwuachi reports to FOOD & WINE Ed...
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE:MDP) HelloGiggles today announced the winners of the Beauty Crush Awards 2021, featuring the top beauty products across categories, including skincare, hair, nails and makeup. The full list of the Beauty Crush Awards 2021 can be found here.