Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Pulp & Paper stocks down 3.2% on average while median return down 2.0% in a day
- Pulp & Paper stocks down 3.7% on average while median return down 5.2% in a week
- Pulp & Paper stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up -2.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $UFS 50.8%, $RFP 18.2%, $SUZ 2.5%, $NP 1.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $VRS -4.2%, $SWM -8.4%, $CLW -16.6%, $GLT -16.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $UFS 13.4%, $SUZ 2.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SWM -6.1%, $GLT -7.4%, $VRS -10.5%, $CLW -12.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 31.0%, for the past 3 months is 33.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 65.1%, the lowest correlation is -6.1%, the latest correlation is 17.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 78.3% between NP and SWM
The lowest correlation is -34.3% between CLW and SUZ
Former Attorney General of Louisiana Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq. and the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF") are investigating the proposed sale of Domtar (NYSE: UFS) to Paper Excellence. Under the terms of the proposed transaction, shareholders of Domtar will receive $55.50 in cash for each share of Domtar that they own. KSF is seeking to determine whether this consideration and the process that led to it are adequate, or whether the consideration undervalues the Company.
NEW YORK, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Paper Excellence for $55.50 per share in cash. If you are a Domtar shareholder, click here to learn more about your rights and options. Ferro Corporation (NYSE: FOE) concerning potential violatio...
Domtar Corporation (UFS) is going to be acquired by Paper Excellence. With this deal, Paper Excellence will enter the attractive US market.
If you want to compound wealth in the stock market, you can do so by buying an index fund. But if you pick the right...
Domtar Corp. (UFS) shares rose about 16.9% at the close of trade on May 11 as the company agreed to be acquired by Paper Excellence for $3 billion, or about $55.50 in cash per share. This represents a 44% premium to Domtar’s 30-day volume-weighted average price as of May 3. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Domtar provides fiber-based products such as communication, specialty, and packaging papers as well as absorbent hygiene products. Paper Excellence, which is he...
WILMINGTON, Del., May 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rigrodsky Law, P.A. announces that it is investigating Domtar Corporation (“Domtar”) (NYSE: UFS) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related to Domtar’s agreement to be acquired by Paper Excellence. Under the terms of the agreement, Domtar’s shareholders will receive $55.50 in cash per share. To learn more about this investigation and your rights, visit: https://www.rl-legal.com/cases-domtar-corporation. Y...
Shares of Domtar (NYSE: UFS) traded up 15% on Tuesday after the paper manufacturer announced it has agreed to be acquired by Canadian rival Paper Excellence for nearly $3 billion. Paper Excellence is a privately held British Columbia-based manufacturer of pulp and specialty printing, writing, and packaging papers, and has been eager to expand its presence in the U.S. Domtar is an ideal way to accomplish that goal. Domtar, of South Carolina, operates about a dozen paper mills in the U.S. and Ca...
WeissLaw LLP is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law by the board of directors of Domtar Corporation ("Domtar" or the "Company") (NYSE: UFS) in connection with the proposed acquisition of the Company by privately held Canadian paper manufacturer Paper Excellence. Under the terms of the merger agreement, the Company's shareholders will receive $55.00 per share in cash for each share of Domtar common stock that they hold. The all-cash transaction is valued ...
Ademi LLP is investigating Domtar (NYSE: UFS) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law in its transaction with Paper Excellence.