Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Railroads stocks up 1.1% on average while median return up 1.2% in a day
- Railroads stocks down 1.6% on average while median return down 1.9% in a week
- Railroads stocks up 6.9% on average while median return up 7.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KSU 12.1%, $NSC 10.8%, $UNP 9.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KSU 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CP -2.6%, $CSX -2.8%, $CNI -3.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 76.3%, for the past 3 months is 64.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 89.4%, the lowest correlation is 32.4%, the latest correlation is 74.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.3% between CSX and NSC
The lowest correlation is 65.1% between CP and CSX
Norfolk Southern's (NSC) Q4 results might reflect softness in volumes due to coronavirus-induced freight slowdown. However, reduced costs are expected to have aided the bottom line.
Union Pacific (UNP) expects Q4 operating revenues to be $5.1 billion, indicating a rise from $4.9 billion reported in Q3.
Volume disruptions and low crude shipments is expected to have hurt Kansas City Southern's fourth-quarter results.
Higher coal and intermodal volumes are expected to have aided CSX Corp's (CSX) December- end quarter performance.
Public Citizen's Research Director Mike Tanglis joined Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how $170 million was donated by companies to GOP election objectors and what this means for these politicians moving forward.
BRANTFORD, ON, Jan. 14, 2021 /CNW/ - The governments of Canada and Ontario will be making an announcement related to housing in Brantford.
Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP) will release fourth quarter 2020 financial and operating results on Thursday, January 21, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. ET. The company's management team will host a conference call and live webcast at 8:45 a.m. ET.
Low operating income due to tepid volumes and high costs are likely to have hurt J.B. Hunt's (JBHT) fourth-quarter performance. However, Final Mile network segment is expected to have performed well.
Union Pacific (UNP) expects operating income of roughly $2 billion for fourth-quarter 2020.