Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Railroads stocks down 1.3% on average while median return down 1.4% in a day
- Railroads stocks up 0.7% on average while median return up 0.3% in a week
- Railroads stocks up 3.3% on average while median return up 3.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KSU 17.9%, $CP 5.1%, $NSC 4.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CNI -5.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KSU 4.1%, $CP 2.7%, $CNI 1.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $UNP -0.4%, $CSX -1.5%, $NSC -1.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.4%, for the past 3 months is 39.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 83.2%, the lowest correlation is -1.6%, the latest correlation is 83.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 78.8% between CSX and NSC
The lowest correlation is -76.2% between CNI and KSU
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
There's no denying that familiar stocks like Facebook and Apple have helped set the bullish tone on Wall Street for the past year. Rather, it's the transportation sector that has booked the biggest overall gains since the market hit its low point in mid-March 2020. With a great deal of commerce that was previously conducted in stores is now taking place online, Shippers like UPS (NYSE: UPS) and FedEx (NYSE: FDX) have about all the business they can handle.
Below-par performance of the ACMI services segment hurts Air Transport Services' (ATSG) Q1 results.
Boxer Capital initiated a large stake in biotech firm Rain Therapeutics. Cascade Investments, an investment vehicle for Bill Gates, transferred Canadian National Railway stock to his spouse, Melinda French Gates.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, the Board of Directors of CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) approved a $0.28 per share quarterly dividend on the company's common stock. The dividend is payable on June 15, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 31, 2021. About CSX and its Disclosures CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across...
Well over 800 letters of support have been filed with the STBMONTREAL, May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CN (TSX: CNR, NYSE: CNI) today announced that it has continued to receive support from customers, suppliers, elected officials and other stakeholders for its proposed combination with Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) (“KCS”). One-hundred additional letters have been sent to CN and filed with the Surface Transportation Board (“STB”) in favor of CN’s proposed combination with KCS, its use of a v...
Canadian Pacific (CP) had earlier agreed in its talks with U.S. railroad Kansas City Southern (KCS) to bear most of the risk of the merger deal not going through. It was going to buy KCS shares and place them in an independent voting trust, insulating the acquisition target from its control until the STB, which oversees freight rail, clears the deal.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) ("CP") thanks the Surface Transportation Board ("STB") for its approval today of a voting trust for its planned, friendly merger with Kansas City Southern ("KCS").
Confident the STB will reach same decision with CN’s identical voting trustMONTREAL, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CN (TSX: CNR, NYSE: CNI) today issued the following statement in response to the Surface Transportation Board’s ("STB") decision regarding the voting trust in connection with Kansas City Southern’s (NYSE: KSU) (“KCS”) existing merger agreement with Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP, NYSE: CP) (“CP”): CN is encouraged by the STB’s decision today to approve the Voting Trust...
NEW YORK, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Canadian Pacific Railway Limited. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Kansas City shareholders would receive 0.489 Canadian Pacific shares and $90.00 in cash for each Kansas City common sh...