Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Railroads stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up 0.5% in a day
- Railroads stocks up 5.5% on average while median return up 5.2% in a week
- Railroads stocks up 9.0% on average while median return up 10.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CSX 12.9%, $NSC 12.1%, $UNP 12.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CP 7.0%, $CNI 6.1%, $CSX 5.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 74.4%, for the past 3 months is 54.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 91.4%, the lowest correlation is 47.3%, the latest correlation is 91.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.3% between CP and KSU
The lowest correlation is 38.6% between CNI and NSC
Investors will focus on what railroad stocks Union Pacific and CSX have to say about supply chains in the U.S., amid signs of stress.
The Transportation Safety Board of Canada has determined that sparks coming from the trains of CN and Canadian Pacific didn't start the fire in Lytton, British Columbia, that destroyed the town. "A fire is reportable to the TSB as a transportation occurrence if it is known that the operation of railway rolling stock causes or sustains a fire. There has been no report of such an occurrence made to the TSB by either railway that operates through the area," TSB's report concluded last Thursday. TSB
Long-term shareholders CIFF Capital UK LP and The Children's Investment Master Fund, acting by their investment manager TCI Fund Management Limited (CIFF Capital UK LP, The Children's Investment Master Fund and TCI Fund Management Limited, together, "TCI"), today issued its strategic plan to put Canadian National Railway Company (TSX:CNR)(NYSE:CNI) ("CN" or the "Company") back on track. The plan, which highlights the case for change at the CN Board of Directors (the "Board") and for a new CEO, d
Does the October share price for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited ( TSE:CP ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we...
(Bloomberg) -- Some of Southeast Asia’s old-money tycoons are boosting investment in technology startups, looking to ride a wave of surging valuations as they seek to counter the fallout of the pandemic on businesses ranging from retail to hospitality and manufacturing.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightWhy Buying a Second or Even T
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
Union Pacific (UNP) closed at $225.16 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.73% move from the prior day.
In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 stock picks by hedge funds. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the Dividend Stock Portfolio: 5 Stock Picks by Hedge Funds. With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire world witnessed a fall in practically […]