Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 1.0% in a week
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks up 1.0% on average while median return up 0.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RE 8.0%, $RGA 7.9%, $Y 5.6%, $RNR 1.5%, $MHNC 1.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RZB -0.3%, $ESGRO -1.4%, $ESGRP -2.5%, $OXBR -5.8%, $MHLD -6.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RE 4.1%, $MHLA 2.5%, $OXBR 2.5%, $RGA 1.6%, $Y 1.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ESGR -1.1%, $GLRE -2.0%, $MHLD -2.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 27.5%, for the past 3 months is 25.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.2%, the lowest correlation is 4.5%, the latest correlation is 31.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 72.6% between ESGRP and RZB
The lowest correlation is -30.9% between MHNC and Y
A look at the shareholders of Maiden Holdings, Ltd. ( NASDAQ:MHLD ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Generally...
Before we spend countless hours researching a company, we like to analyze what insiders, hedge funds and billionaire investors think of the stock first. This is a necessary first step in our investment process because our research has shown that the elite investors’ consensus returns have been exceptional. In the following paragraphs, we find out […]
In this article we will take a look at whether hedge funds think RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:RNR) is a good investment right now. We check hedge fund and billionaire investor sentiment before delving into hours of research. Hedge funds spend millions of dollars on Ivy League graduates, unconventional data sources, expert networks, and get tips […]
Everest Re Group (RE) estimates preliminary third-quarter pre-tax catastrophe loss of $635 million, primarily constituting $335 million cat loss from Hurricane Ida and $220 million from European floods.
Alleghany Capital Corporation ("Alleghany Capital"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation, today announced that its subsidiary, IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC ("IPS"), a leading provider of design, engineering, procurement, construction management, and validation services for the biopharmaceutical market and other industries, has acquired Anchorbuoy Limited (with its subsidiaries, also known as "Linesight"). Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Linesight is a global consultancy
In this article we will check out the progression of hedge fund sentiment towards Everest Re Group Ltd (NYSE:RE) and determine whether it is a good investment right now. We at Insider Monkey like to examine what billionaires and hedge funds think of a company before spending days of research on it. Given their 2 […]
As we already know from media reports and hedge fund investor letters, hedge funds delivered their best returns in a decade. Most investors who decided to stick with hedge funds after a rough 2018 recouped their losses by the end of the fourth quarter of 2019. A significant number of hedge funds continued their strong […]
HAMILTON, Bermuda, October 14, 2021--Everest Re Group, Ltd. ("Everest" or the "Company") (NYSE:RE) announced today preliminary third quarter 2021 catastrophe losses in advance of its full quarterly earnings to be released on October 27, 2021.