Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks down 0.8% on average while median return down 0.7% in a day
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks down 3.2% on average while median return down 1.9% in a week
- Reinsurance Carriers stocks down 2.1% on average while median return down 0.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $Y 4.7%, $RE 2.8%, $MHNC 1.7%, $MHLA 0.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MHLD -1.8%, $RGA -3.4%, $ESGR -6.3%, $RNR -8.6%, $OXBR -10.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $Y 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RGA -3.6%, $RNR -6.3%, $ESGR -6.5%, $MHLD -7.5%, $OXBR -9.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 14.8%, for the past 3 months is 13.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 22.5%, the lowest correlation is -5.0%, the latest correlation is 14.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 60.2% between ESGR and RZB
The lowest correlation is -55.4% between MHLA and MHNC
Alleghany Capital Corporation ("Alleghany Capital"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation, today announced that it has formed a new wholly-owned subsidiary, Piedmont Manufacturing Group, LLC ("Piedmont Manufacturing"), to acquire Wilbert, Inc. (dba Wilbert Plastic Services and referred to herein as "WPS" or the "Company"), a provider of injection molded and thermoformed parts and multi-component assemblies for original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") customers in a range of end-mark...
Everest Re Group, Ltd. ("Everest") today announced that Jim Williamson, Executive Vice President and Group Chief Operating Officer will assume additional responsibilities as the Head of the Everest Reinsurance Division effective immediately.
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MHLD) has released its first quarter 2021 financial results via its investor relations website at https://www.maiden.bm/investor_relations.
Reinsurance and insurance solutions provider RenaissanceRe Holdings (RNR) has announced a quarterly dividend of $0.36 per share. The dividend is payable on June 30 to investors of record on June 15. Furthermore, RenaissanceRe has renewed its authorized share repurchase program. The renewal brings the present total authorization to $500 million. The $500 million buyback also includes pending amounts from previously authorized repurchase programs. (See RenaissanceRe stock analysis on TipRanks) The...
The Board of Directors of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: RNR) ("RenaissanceRe" or the "Company") announced today a quarterly dividend of $0.36 per common share on its common shares. The dividend is payable on June 30, 2021, to shareholders of record on June 15, 2021.
Alleghany (Y) Q1 earnings benefit from better results at the Reinsurance and Alleghany Capital segments but a soft performance at the Insurance segment bothers.