Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Restaurants stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.2% in a day
- Restaurants stocks down 2.5% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Restaurants stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 1.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BLMN 11.6%, $PBPB 8.7%, $RUTH 7.6%, $DENN 7.5%, $ARMK 6.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CMG -11.9%, $SBUX -12.7%, $FRSH -14.5%, $NDLS -15.0%, $KRUS -19.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BDL 7.6%, $NDLS 3.8%, $RUTH 2.3%, $BBQ 1.9%, $PBPB 1.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $YUMC -6.4%, $SBUX -6.9%, $FRGI -6.9%, $DPZ -7.0%, $PZZA -7.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.0%, for the past 3 months is 23.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 45.9%, the lowest correlation is 1.9%, the latest correlation is 4.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.6% between BJRI and CAKE
The lowest correlation is -65.0% between BDL and FRGI
Riverside, CT, based Investment company Baxter Bros Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Meta Platforms Inc, Activision Blizzard Inc, Chevron Corp, Constellation Brands Inc, Domino's Pizza Inc, sells Adobe Inc, , Philip Morris International Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Baxter Bros Inc.
There was no company-specific news out on Beyond Meat today, but yesterday, Financial Times noted that it had become one of the most shorted stocks on the U.S. stock market. According to Financial Times, 42% of the Beyond Meat float is now sold short, higher than any other Russell 1000 stock, meaning a significant percentage of investors are betting on the stock to fall. Financial Times went on to say that investors had become concerned after the company said in October that third-quarter reve...
The bear-market selloff in the shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. has created an "attractive entry point" for investors, and tempted Morgan Stanley analyst John Glass to make a "risk on" call on the fast-casual restaurant chain.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre breaks down how December retail sales, consumer sentiment, and bank earnings are moving markets today.
Investment company Fundamentun, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Core S&P Total U.S. Stock Market ETF, Vanguard Growth ETF, iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF, Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF, iShares iBoxx USD Investment Grade Corporate Bond , sells iShares MSCI USA ESG Optimized ETF, iShares Core Total USD Bond Market ETF, Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, BTC iShares U.S.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ, based Investment company Strategy Asset Managers Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Meta Platforms Inc, Broadcom Inc, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, SPDR Portfolio Mortgage Backed Bond ETF, BP PLC, sells iShares 1-3 Year Treasury Bond ETF, First Trust Enhanced Short Maturity ETF, Apple Inc, S&P 500 ETF TRUST ETF, First Trust Ultra Short Duration Municipal ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Strategy Asset Manag
In addition to a real-time Q4 scorecard, today's article features new research reports Apple (AAPL), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), McDonald's (MCD) and others.
In this article we are going to use hedge fund sentiment as a tool and determine whether Restaurant Brands International Inc (NYSE:QSR) is a good investment right now. We like to analyze hedge fund sentiment before conducting days of in-depth research. We do so because hedge funds and other elite investors have numerous Ivy League […]
U.S. Labor Secretary Marty Walsh pointed to survey results that show an overwhelming majority of young people hold a favorable view of unions.
(Bloomberg) -- Starbucks Corp. employees at three more restaurants in New York state will vote on unionization, a U.S. labor official ruled Friday, offering organizers a chance to expand a new labor foothold that’s already inspiring copycat efforts around the country. Most Read from BloombergCannabis Compounds Prevented Covid Infection in Laboratory StudyFrequent Boosters Spur Warning on Immune ResponseSupreme Court Blocks Biden’s Shot-or-Test Rule for WorkersSay Goodbye to Self-Isolating, WFH M