Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Restaurants stocks down 3.9% on average while median return down 4.4% in a day
- Restaurants stocks down 5.1% on average while median return down 5.1% in a week
- Restaurants stocks down 2.8% on average while median return down 2.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $STKS 31.0%, $ARCO 21.1%, $BH 14.4%, $PBPB 12.4%, $FAT 10.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CBRL -14.6%, $GTIM -15.2%, $BBQ -17.0%, $SHAK -29.7%, $GRIL -36.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $STKS 21.4%, $PBPB 12.3%, $BH 9.6%, $ARCO 3.7%, $JAX 2.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TACO -13.5%, $CHUY -15.2%, $GTIM -17.5%, $BBQ -18.0%, $SHAK -22.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 23.7%, for the past 3 months is 24.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 36.1%, the lowest correlation is 0.9%, the latest correlation is 36.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.7% between CAKE and CBRL
The lowest correlation is -40.0% between ARKR and KRUS
Julie Hyman and Brian Sozzi discuss some of Wednesday’s market movers, including: FuboTV seeing subscriber and revenue growth, Wendy’s seeing a boost in sales thanks to expansion, and Lemonade taking a hit from the Texas winter storm aftermath.
Three such companies that were negatively impacted were Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ: TXRH), Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE), and Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT). Texas Roadhouse and Planet Fitness have already reported earnings for the first quarter of 2021 that showed sharp recoveries to their businesses. Casual-dining restaurant company Texas Roadhouse generated all-time high sales for the first quarter, which is a remarkable recovery when considering how difficult 2020 was.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
Facing a worrying shortage of restaurant workers in this country, burrito-king Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) is enacting a sweeping pay raise. Chipotle is also rolling out referral bonuses for its employees, essentially drafting them in the effort to find fresh manpower. All told, aided by these sweeteners, Chipotle aims to hire 20,000 new workers throughout the U.S. this year.
ARMK earnings call for the period ending April 2, 2021.
Yum! Brands, Inc. to Host a Virtual KFC Investor Day May 25, 2021
The ONE Group Hospitality, Inc. ("The ONE Group" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: STKS) today reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ: RRGB) ("Red Robin" or the "Company"), a full-service restaurant chain serving an innovative selection of high-quality gourmet burgers in a family-friendly atmosphere, today announced that it will release financial results for its first quarter 2021 on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, after the market close followed by a conference call to discuss these results at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET LOS ANGELES, May 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FAT (Fresh. Authentic. Tasty.) Brands Inc. (NASDAQ: FAT) (“FAT Brands” or the “Company”) today reported fiscal first quarter 2021 financial results for the 13-week period ending March 28, 2021. Andy Wiederhorn, President and CEO of FAT Brands, commented, “We want to thank our franchise partners and employees who have worked hard and remained dedicated to FAT Brands throughout this challenging time. We...
Shares of Chipotle (ticker: CMG) were up 0.2% to $1,394.05 in afternoon trading. Charles notes that, assuming traffic doesn’t suffer, the $15-an-hour level won’t be a drag on margins once the second price increase takes effect.