Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Restaurants stocks up 2.0% on average while median return up 2.5% in a day
- Restaurants stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Restaurants stocks down 7.2% on average while median return down 7.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KRUS 38.4%, $RAVE 23.5%, $TAST 18.0%, $NATH 17.2%, $YUMC 13.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RRGB -16.5%, $BLMN -18.2%, $NDLS -22.5%, $EAT -24.8%, $DAVE -69.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $YUMC 15.5%, $PBPB 6.6%, $RAVE 4.7%, $QSR 3.7%, $PZZA 3.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RUTH -6.1%, $NDLS -6.6%, $BBQ -10.3%, $BJRI -11.4%, $DAVE -25.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 39.2%, for the past 3 months is 30.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 51.0%, the lowest correlation is 13.6%, the latest correlation is 32.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 90.9% between CHUY and DIN
The lowest correlation is -47.5% between ARCO and LUB
This year has been a terrible one for investors as the S&P 500 just had its worst first-half performance since 1970. With the market down 21% in the first six months of 2022, investors are certainly being tested right now. Here are three no-brainer stocks investors should consider even as the rest of the market takes a turn for the worse.
In this article, we discuss the 9 China rebound stocks to buy according to Jim Cramer. If you want to read about some more stocks that Jim Cramer recommends, go directly to 4 China Rebound Stocks to Buy According to Jim Cramer. The Chinese government has slowly started easing coronavirus-related restrictions on business and travel […]
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Papa John's International, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PZZA ) by...
British snack chain Pret will adapt its menu to local tastes when it opens in Indian cities and airports under a partnership with retail giant Reliance to try to satisfy the nation's growing appetite for upmarket refreshment. As part of its broader plan to target the most affluent 50 million of India's 1.3 billion people, Reliance on Thursday announced a franchise deal with Pret.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
The fast-food chain has not embraced its secret menu the way its rival has, but you can order Frings or a BK BLT.