Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Restaurants stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.1% in a day
- Restaurants stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Restaurants stocks down 1.5% on average while median return down 1.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $STKS 36.6%, $LUB 20.0%, $ARMK 13.3%, $YUMC 11.0%, $BDL 7.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PBPB -10.2%, $ARCO -12.5%, $LOCO -12.8%, $FAT -13.0%, $FATBW -31.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $STKS 17.2%, $LUB 7.1%, $WING 6.4%, $CMG 3.9%, $YUM 3.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TACO -4.0%, $BBQ -4.0%, $DPZ -4.1%, $CAKE -4.7%, $LOCO -7.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 30.0%, for the past 3 months is 26.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 41.7%, the lowest correlation is 7.0%, the latest correlation is 32.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.5% between CBRL and EAT
The lowest correlation is -37.4% between ARKR and FAT
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Cracker...
The figure is the new target for annual sales per restaurant and is 20% higher than the previous high achieved in 2015.
International coffee giant Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) is set to report fourth-quarter earnings on Oct. 28. In this segment from Beat & Raise, recorded on Oct. 4, Fool.com contributors Brian Withers, Demitri Kalogeropoulos, and Parkev Tatevosian highlight what to look for in the company's results. Another good company looking at, I always think of Starbucks as a good gauge on how the economy is doing.
SAN DIEGO, October 15, 2021--Jack in the Box, Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK) has named Doug Cook as Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. Cook brings more than 20 years of industry experience leading guest and employee-facing platforms to Jack in the Box and will leverage his foodservice expertise to develop and execute strategic initiatives to support the brand’s needs.
Papa John's hires from within for the new role, which will add North America restaurant operations, technology and insights to the position's responsibilities.
Retail isn't alone in feeling the effects of the worker shortage. Here's another.
IPO Edge and the Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted a fireside chat with the President & CFO of Bowlero Corp. to discuss Bowlero’s significant market opportunity in sports entertainment, the company’s marquee partnerships, acquisitions including Bowl America, and its merger with Isos Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: ISOS). The event featured Bowlero President & CFO Brett Parker joined by IPO Edge […]
Yahoo Finance's Brian Sozzi takes a look at Domino's Pizza and how the company has been impacted by the labor shortage.
Yahoo Finance’s Brian Sozzi and Julie Hyman speak with Caribou Coffee CEO & President, John Butcher, about the company’s U.S. franchise program, the state of the coffee industry, and outlook.
The Chicago burger giant said the test will determine how the plant-based burger, made from plant-based ingredients such as peas, rice and potatoes, will affect its kitchens.