Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Savings Banks stocks down 2.7% on average while median return down 3.5% in a day
- Savings Banks stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up -1.7% in a week
- Savings Banks stocks down 13.6% on average while median return down 15.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GCBC 71.5%, $FCAP 1.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CIZN -23.1%, $RVSB -23.6%, $WSFS -23.7%, $WBS -27.5%, $FSBC -27.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SBT 27.9%, $NYCB 25.9%, $BYFC 15.5%, $WMPN 7.1%, $HBCP 6.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NFBK -5.2%, $PFS -5.9%, $CFFN -6.1%, $GCBC -7.1%, $CIZN -10.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.6%, for the past 3 months is 22.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 39.0%, the lowest correlation is 4.0%, the latest correlation is 13.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.7% between BRKL and CASH
The lowest correlation is -57.9% between CFFN and CZWI
Even with recent turmoil, Founding Partner and Managing Director of venture capital firm Khosla Ventures Samir Kaul says SVB is "one of the safest banks to bank with." Kaul told Yahoo Finance's Rachelle Akuffo that Khosla Ventures recommends companies keep some of their money at SVB, citing to FDIC's move to ensure 100% of all deposits. The firm, alongside several other venture capitalists, originally came out in support of SVB almost two weeks ago, issuing a joint statement encouraging companie...
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies Brookline Bancorp's stock price is sensitive to their...
Yahoo Finance Live anchors Julie Hyman and Brad Smith discuss bank stocks and how they are trading ahead of the Fed’s rate hike decision.
New York Community Bancorp is acquiring certain assets and liabilities from the recently shuttered Signature Bank at very favorable terms.
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., March 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Five Star Bancorp (Nasdaq: FSBC) (“Five Star” or the “Company”) has earned the #1 ranking on the S&P Global Market Intelligence annual rankings of 2022’s best-performing community banks in the nation with assets between $3 billion and $10 billion. Five Star Bancorp also has a Bauer Financial Superior Rating (5 out of 5 stars), IDC Superior Rating (300 out of 300) and is a Super Premier Performing Bank with The Findley Reports. “We’re thr
LOS ANGELES, March 21, 2023--Broadway Financial Corporation ("Broadway", "we", or the "Company") (NASDAQ Capital Market: BYFC), parent company of City First Bank, National Association (the "Bank", and collectively, with the Company, "City First Broadway"), today announced the following executive appointments:
Expectations on the Fed’s next move for interest rates have been a mixed bag in recent weeks. From bets on a 50-basis point hike, to no hike at all, to a view of a 25 basis point rate hike. The expectation whiplash kicked into high gear after the sudden bank failures- sending a wave stress throughout the banking system. “The Fed is going to have to be really careful about forward guidance here and potentially not give a whole lot of it because they're not omnipotent. They don't know what's comin...
In an interview with Yahoo Finance's Rachelle Akuffo, Columbia Business School Professor of Real Estate Tomasz Piskorski said that in a scenario where 50% of depositors are uninsured, "you have about 190 banks in a precarious position meaning the remaining value of assets is not enough to cover the face value of the insured deposit obligation," of course these bank runs can become more pronounced. Piskorski adds that in a scenario where 100% of depositors are uninsured, "almost more than 1,600 b...
(Bloomberg) -- Signature Bank’s partial takeover by a competitor is notable for what it doesn’t include: $11 billion of loans against a class of New York City apartments whose values have tumbled in recent years.Most Read from BloombergUS Studies Ways to Insure All Bank Deposits If Crisis GrowsJPMorgan Owned the LME ‘Nickel’ That Was Actually Bags of StonesUBS to Buy Credit Suisse in $3.3 Billion Deal to End CrisisJPMorgan Sees Increasing Chances of ‘Minsky Moment’Vanguard Said to Shutter Busine