Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Semiconductors stocks up 1.7% on average while median return up 1.4% in a day
- Semiconductors stocks up 6.3% on average while median return up 6.2% in a week
- Semiconductors stocks up 17.5% on average while median return up 18.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SPI 105.5%, $CAN 58.7%, $PXLW 48.6%, $VLDR 42.8%, $COHR 36.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TSEM -2.2%, $SEDG -2.2%, $TGAN -7.1%, $ENPH -29.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $NVDA 18.1%, $VLDR 17.1%, $ON 16.0%, $SYNA 15.5%, $MRVL 15.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $QUIK -1.3%, $ARRY -1.4%, $KOPN -2.4%, $ENPH -6.7%, $GSIT -11.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 43.5%, for the past 3 months is 45.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.3%, the lowest correlation is 4.3%, the latest correlation is 52.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.2% between ADI and MCHP
The lowest correlation is -40.6% between AMBA and BOSC
New Richardson, TX Office in Innovation Quarter Enables Development of New Semiconductor Integrated Chips (IC) for Electric VehiclesManchester, NH, USA, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Allegro MicroSystems, Inc. (“Allegro”) (Nasdaq: ALGM), a global leader in sensing and power solutions for motion control and energy efficient systems, is proud to announce plans to open a new U.S.-based office located in Richardson, Texas. In addition to creating new job opportunities for the local community, th
Flex (FLEX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.33% and 3.69%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Let's look at some key earnings releases this week -- in the context of what's happening in and outside their quarterly reports.
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., January 25, 2023--Kopin Corporation (Nasdaq: KOPN), a leading provider of application-specific optical solutions for defense, enterprise, industrial, and consumer products, today announced that it has priced an underwritten public offering of 14,000,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $1.00 per share. In addition, in lieu of common stock to certain investors, Kopin today announced the pricing of its public offering of pre-funded warrants to purchase u
CAMARILLO, Calif., January 25, 2023--Via BlueRiver® chipsets, integrators and system designers are able to take advantage of direct SDVoE™ inputs to Panasonic Connect display products
Polen Capital, an investment management company, released its “Polen U.S. Small Company Growth Strategy” fourth-quarter investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the fund delivered 3.46% net of fees compared to a 4.13% return for the Russell 2000 Growth Index. Style factor headwinds and relative sector positioning offset […]
DEEP DIVE Semiconductor stocks have been on a tear so far this year, following a difficult 2022. But now that we’re in the thick of fourth-quarter earnings season, investors will be questioning whether or not Intel will be able to maintain its impressive 4.
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coherent Corp. (Nasdaq: COHR), a global leader in materials, networking, and lasers, announced today that the company will webcast an analyst briefing on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 11:00 a.m. ET. The briefing will focus on the company’s exciting prospects in the display manufacturing and life sciences markets. The presentation will be followed by a question and answer session. Participants Dr. Vincent D. Mattera, Jr., Chair and CEOMary Jane Raymond, Chief
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., January 24, 2023--Kopin Corporation (Nasdaq: KOPN), a leading provider of application-specific optical solutions for defense, enterprise, industrial, and consumer products, today announced that it intends to offer shares of its common stock and pre-funded warrants for sale in an underwritten public offering. Kopin intends to grant the underwriters of the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the number of shares of common stock sold in connection wit
On Jan. 19, Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN) announced that longtime CEO Rich Templeton will step down on April 1. Haviv Ilan, the current chief operating officer (COO), will take over. Templeton has worked at the company since 1980, and he tried to transition out of the CEO role in 2018.