Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Silver Ore Mining stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 4.1% in a day
- Silver Ore Mining stocks up 2.7% on average while median return up 2.7% in a week
- Silver Ore Mining stocks up 5.6% on average while median return up 4.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HL 17.2%, $MAG 11.7%, $SSRM 7.1%, $AXU 6.8%, $EXK 6.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $EXN -4.7%, $AG -7.1%, $FSM -15.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HL 15.1%, $AG 5.0%, $SSRM 4.7%, $EXN 3.9%, $EXK 3.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SVM -0.1%, $USAS -2.4%, $ASM -4.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 75.5%, for the past 3 months is 75.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 93.5%, the lowest correlation is 45.9%, the latest correlation is 79.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 95.4% between MAG and SVM
The lowest correlation is 38.2% between ASM and FSM
Gold has long been regarded as a safe haven in times of market turmoil. Many investors have gained exposure to the precious metal by buying stocks of companies engaged in exploration and mining. Gold stocks, as represented by the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), have underperformed the broader market over the past year.
All amounts are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise stated Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - April 30, 2021) - First Majestic Silver Corp. (TSX: FR) (NYSE: AG) ("First Majestic" or the “Company”) and Sprott Mining Inc. ("Sprott Mining") are pleased to announce the completion of the acquisition of Jerritt Canyon Canada Ltd. ("Jerritt Canyon") from Sprott Mining (the "Acquisition") and concurrent $30 million private placement investment in First Majestic by Eric Sprott, previously announ...
Americas Gold and Silver Corporation (TSX: USA) (NYSE American: USAS) ("Americas" or the "Company"), a growing North American precious metals producer, announces the issuance of a C$12.5 million senior secured convertible debenture. The convertible debenture bears interest at a rate of 8% per annum, has a maturity date of April 28, 2024 and is repayable by the Company at its option, prior to maturity, subject to the payment of a redemption premium. The debenture is secured by the Company’s inter...
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast
Silvercorp Metals Inc. ("Silvercorp" or the "Company") (TSX: SVM) (NYSE American: SVM) announces that the Company has been granted three exploration permits of 48.8 square kilometres in area, covering depth extensions of three mining permits, SGX, HPG, and TLP-LME-LMW, at the Ying Mining District. Previously, the exploration activities underneath the mining permits were covered by a joint venture agreement between the Company and the Department of Natural Resources of Henan Province.
As the economy enters uncharted territory, there may be opportunities among the market's most undervalued equities.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MAG Silver Corp. (TSX / NYSE American: MAG) (“MAG” or “MAG Silver”) is pleased to report 2021 first quarter production of underground development material from the Juanicipio Project (56% / 44% joint venture between Fresnillo plc (“Fresnillo”) and MAG Silver). As reported to MAG by the project operator Fresnillo, 36,395 tonnes of development material were processed during the quarter ended March 31, 2021. On a 100% basis, total prod...
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
FBC, IDCC, PAAS, COG, and QDEL have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on April 27, 2021
The precious metals miner had some good news to report, but it was the kind that often leads to a price drop. Here's a quick look.