Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Solar stocks down 3.1% on average while median return down 3.1% in a day
- Solar stocks down 24.6% on average while median return down 23.9% in a week
- Solar stocks down 35.9% on average while median return down 33.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SPI -40.7%, $VVPR -45.2%, $SUNW -48.9%, $BEEM -50.2%, $SOL -57.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SUNW -27.4%, $JKS -28.7%, $ENPH -29.1%, $SOL -37.5%, $DQ -38.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 58.7%, for the past 3 months is 45.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 79.4%, the lowest correlation is 10.2%, the latest correlation is 22.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.1% between ENPH and TAN
The lowest correlation is -16.9% between PECK and SEDG
Stock investors have been rotating out of high-flying technology stocks recently, anticipating a recovery in other businesses that were hardest hit by pandemic restrictions. Alternative energy names continue to be sold today, including Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG), Enphase Energy (NASDAQ: ENPH), and Bloom Energy (NYSE: BE). As of noon EST Friday, shares of Plug Power were down 12.1%, and Enphase and Bloom Energy were down 11.1% and 10%, respectively.
Futures turned higher, erasing overnight losses. The stock market sold off hard Thursday as bond yields soared on Fed chief Jerome Powell. Tesla stock is key for growth plays.
Daqo New Energy Corp. (NYSE: DQ) ("Daqo New Energy", the "Company" or "we"), a leading manufacturer of high-purity polysilicon for the global solar PV industry, today announced that it signed a three-year high-purity polysilicon supply agreement with Wuxi Shangji Automation (SSE:603158) ("Shangji"), a leading high-end intelligent equipment provider for manufacturing industries including the solar PV industry. Shangji started its mono-wafer manufacturing business in 2019 and has quickly been reco...
SAN DIEGO, Calif., March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Beam Global, (Nasdaq: BEEM, BEEMW), the leading provider of innovative sustainable technology for electric vehicle (EV) charging, outdoor media and energy security, announced that a sixth utility has purchased an EV ARC™ 2020 system to provide sustainable off-grid EV charging for a pilot program aimed at assessing solutions for current and future needs. The California based utility joins Beam customers Baltimore Gas & Electric (BG&E), San Die...
With that lens, selling stock to raise capital can actually pull growth forward and allow a company to invest more quickly at a larger scale, adding value long-term. Three companies that I think should take advantage of this market to raise significant capital are Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE), SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR), and Nikola (NASDAQ: NKLA). Virgin Galactic is still effectively a pre-revenue company, and has yet to launch its commercial space flights into orbit.
Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous and Cinthia Murphy, Managing Editor of ETF.com, discuss why clean energy ETFs have gone from darlings to duds.
The past month has not been kind to this recently hot segment.