Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Specialty Insurance stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Specialty Insurance stocks down 2.4% on average while median return down 2.3% in a week
- Specialty Insurance stocks up 1.8% on average while median return up 2.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AGO 18.6%, $ESNT 4.2%, $RDN 3.8%, $PRA 3.5%, $IGIC 3.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $COOP -0.3%, $TIPT -2.7%, $MBI -3.0%, $ITIC -3.0%, $AMBC -9.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FAF 4.1%, $COOP 1.2%, $TIPT 1.0%, $STC 0.4%, $FNF 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ESNT -5.5%, $RDN -6.0%, $MTG -6.7%, $MBI -7.2%, $AGO -7.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.0%, for the past 3 months is 28.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 69.8%, the lowest correlation is 11.4%, the latest correlation is 41.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.6% between MTG and RDN
The lowest correlation is -34.6% between FAF and TRUP
Steel City Capital recently released its Q4 2020 Investor Letter, a copy of which you can download here. In 2020, the fund returned 10% net of fees, while the S&P 500 Index was up 16.3%. You should check out Steel City Capital’s top 5 stock picks for investors to buy right now, which could be […]
Tollymore Investment Partners, a private investment partnership firm that invests in small quantities of publicly listed companies, published its third-quarter 2020 Investor Letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A return of 39.5% was recorded by the fund for the 1st 9 months of 2020, way above its MSCI ACWI benchmark that […]
Athene (ATH) is well-poised to benefit from higher level of sales, growth in investment portfolio, higher bond call income and effective capital deployment.
Here are 5 stocks added to the Zacks Rank 5 (Strong Sell) List today.
Every investor in Tiptree Inc. ( NASDAQ:TIPT ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Insiders often...
Assurant's (AIZ) new share repurchase program reflects effective capital deployment backed by solid financial position driven by strong segmental performance.
Assurant Board of Directors Authorizes New Share Repurchase Program; Declares Quarterly Dividends on its Common and Preferred Stock
First American (FAF) is poised to grow on the strength of its solid commercial business, expanding valuation and data businesses.