Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Specialty Insurance stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Specialty Insurance stocks up 6.6% on average while median return up 4.2% in a week
- Specialty Insurance stocks up 10.5% on average while median return up 9.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TIPT 62.1%, $MBI 28.3%, $STC 15.1%, $TRUP 14.2%, $AMBC 14.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $IGIC -5.1%, $PRA -6.1%, $IGICW -23.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TIPT 48.7%, $MBI 17.7%, $TRUP 8.0%, $AMBC 6.5%, $AGO 5.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PRA -0.1%, $IGICW -5.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 29.3%, for the past 3 months is 25.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 51.3%, the lowest correlation is 9.3%, the latest correlation is 12.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.8% between ESNT and MTG
The lowest correlation is -43.4% between FAF and IGICW
A whopping number of 13F filings filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been processed by Insider Monkey so that individual investors can look at the overall hedge fund sentiment towards the stocks included in their watchlists. These freshly-submitted public filings disclose money managers’ equity positions as of the end of the three-month period […]
Does Athene Holding (ATH) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
Newfi, a technology driven multi-channel mortgage lender, today announced the execution of a definitive agreement to sell a majority shareholder interest to Athene (NYSE: ATH) from Warburg Pincus, a leading global growth investor. The investment in Newfi will be managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO). The transaction marks the next chapter in Newfi's evolution, allowing the Company to expand its footprint and compound its expertise in the non-agency mortgage space. This transaction comes at a time of sig
The big shareholder groups in Fidelity National Financial, Inc. ( NYSE:FNF ) have power over the company. Institutions...
The financial regulations require hedge funds and wealthy investors that exceeded the $100 million holdings threshold to file a report that shows their positions at the end of every quarter. Even though it isn’t the intention, these filings to a certain extent level the playing field for ordinary investors. The latest round of 13F filings […]
In the latest trading session, FNF Group (FNF) closed at $49.12, marking a +0.33% move from the previous day.
Progressive (PGR) holds potential to reap benefits driven by higher premiums from Transportation Network Company business and solid financial position, offset by elevated expenses.