Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Specialty Stores stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 1.3% in a day
- Specialty Stores stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 0.5% in a week
- Specialty Stores stocks up 5.8% on average while median return up 4.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BBW 114.6%, $GME 61.2%, $BGI 50.8%, $BNED 44.5%, $BBBY 34.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PAG -7.5%, $SBH -7.5%, $ABG -10.4%, $KIRK -11.6%, $HZO -13.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SIG 27.0%, $ELA 13.9%, $ASO 12.4%, $RH 11.3%, $SFT 10.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $YSG -6.1%, $MED -7.4%, $ONEW -7.6%, $LESL -9.0%, $BGI -17.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 27.3%, for the past 3 months is 22.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 48.7%, the lowest correlation is 6.4%, the latest correlation is 22.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.7% between AN and GPI
The lowest correlation is -41.3% between ELA and GRUB
A company backed by Alexis Ohanian is using memes to drive in its customers.
Being a ball person at the U.S. Open is brutal, as Yahoo Finance's Brian Sozzi quickly learned.
ClearBridge Investments, an investment management firm, published its “All Cap Growth Strategy” first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The ClearBridge All Cap Growth Strategy outperformed its Russell 3000 Growth Index benchmark during the first quarter. On an absolute basis, the Strategy had gains across eight of the […]
Asbury Automotive (ABG) possesses solid growth attributes, which could help it handily outperform the market.
DICK'S Sporting (DKS) remains a strong bet on the back of solid demand, robust e-commerce performance and store expansion plans. Also, an upbeat fiscal 2021 view bodes well.
Ulta Beauty (ULTA) has been gaining on strength in its skincare category and rising e-commerce sales. The company's focus on its six key strategies bodes well.
America's Car-Mart (CRMT) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.