Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Specialty Telecommunications stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 1.1% in a day
- Specialty Telecommunications stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 0.4% in a week
- Specialty Telecommunications stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down -0.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $WOW 10.1%, $CCOI 9.5%, $LUMN 9.4%, $LBRDA 8.4%, $LBRDK 8.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LOOP -7.2%, $OBLG -9.3%, $KLR -12.4%, $MARK -19.3%, $GTT -21.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $LUMN 9.6%, $IGLD 1.9%, $KLR 1.2%, $PHI 1.2%, $LBRDA 0.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LORL -3.7%, $WOW -4.8%, $GTT -5.8%, $OBLG -10.8%, $MARK -12.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 8.1%, for the past 3 months is 9.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 20.8%, the lowest correlation is -2.5%, the latest correlation is 20.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.6% between LBRDA and LBRDK
The lowest correlation is -61.6% between HGBL and OOMA
Let's take a look at some big telecom earnings releases to see if these will impact ETFs exposed to the space.
As of late, it has definitely been a great time to be an investor in Cogent Communications Holdings, Inc. (CCOI).
It’s a mixed start to the day, with Tron’s TRX on the move early on. Steering clear of the day’s major pivot levels, however, would support further upside ahead.
A revenue miss in Q1 hasn’t impeded Lumen Technologies’ (LUMN) forward charge in 2021. The stock has accrued share gains of 47% so far, and the forward momentum continued after the company delivered the first quarter’s financials. Investors were content to overlook soft top-line numbers and instead focus on the bottom-line beat. Specifically, the telecommunications specialist generated revenue of $5.03 billion, amounting to a year-over-year decline of 3.8% and missing the estimates by $30 millio...
PFPT, KLR, GDDY, LLY, and FUV have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on May 11, 2021
Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) announced today it recently won a task order to provide secure high-speed connectivity, WiFi, unified communications and managed network services to the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps.
It’s been a mixed start to the day for the majors. Failure to move through the day’s pivot levels would leave support levels in play.