Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Sporting and Athletic Goods stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.3% in a day
- Sporting and Athletic Goods stocks down 6.4% on average while median return down 4.4% in a week
- Sporting and Athletic Goods stocks down 11.0% on average while median return down 4.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $JAKK 9.7%, $GOLF 1.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HAS -9.1%, $AOUT -15.7%, $NLS -17.6%, $VSTO -23.9%, $PTON -29.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GOLF 1.9%, $JAKK 0.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VSTO -7.6%, $YETI -8.0%, $AOUT -11.3%, $PTON -17.1%, $NLS -18.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 61.2%, for the past 3 months is 56.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 80.8%, the lowest correlation is 35.9%, the latest correlation is 35.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.9% between JAKK and YETI
The lowest correlation is 27.6% between ESCA and JOUT
Discipline is the most important trait for day traders, says stock trading educator Teri Ijeoma.
(Bloomberg) -- Zoom Video Communications Inc. is navigating life after the pandemic by acting like the past two years never happened.Most Read from BloombergStock Doomsayers Vindicated in Historic First Half: Markets WrapThe Wheels Have Come Off Electric VehiclesDemocrats Weigh Paring Biden Tax Hike to Win Over ManchinSupreme Court Crimps Biden’s Climate Agenda With Limits on EPAUS Will Face High Gas Prices ‘as Long as It Takes,’ Biden SaysAs the world shut down in 2020, its corporate videoconfe
Rainbow washing by companies needs to be addressed, says one of Peloton's top instructors.
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks in trouble as Americans cut back on spending. If you want to see more stocks in this list, check out 5 Stocks In Trouble as Americans Cut Back on Spending. The New York Times reported on June 29 that consumer spending in Q1 2022 grew only 0.5%, compared […]
In this podcast, we look back at some stock picks. To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center. David Gardner: For 30 podcasts done over more than six years, I pick five-stock samplers right here for you for free.
Yahoo Finance Live checks out several of today's trending stocks, including Delta Airlines' plan to offer free flight changes this July 4th weekend and chip stocks declining ahead of Congress' CHIPS Act.
Fears over a recession caused these consumer discretionary names to fall hard on Wednesday despite Shopify's stock split.
Yahoo Finance's Ines Ferre joins the Live show to break down how stocks are moving in midday trading.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors break down JP Morgan Chase’s recession forecast.