Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 4.2% on average while median return down 2.9% in a day
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 6.6% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 5.9% on average while median return down 2.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SYY 1.6%, $CASY 0.5%, $CBD 0.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $KR -2.5%, $WMK -2.8%, $SFM -5.5%, $GO -13.9%, $NGVC -31.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KR 0.5%, $VLGEA 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CASY -1.7%, $IMKTA -4.7%, $CBD -6.5%, $GO -20.5%, $NGVC -27.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.8%, for the past 3 months is 27.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 54.6%, the lowest correlation is -0.6%, the latest correlation is 34.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 77.5% between IMKTA and WMK
The lowest correlation is -32.6% between CBD and WMK
Target's same-day delivery business gets high praise from Goldman Sachs. Here's why.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced the Go Fresh & Local Supplier Accelerator, a new partnership program inviting American growers and producers to apply for the opportunity to work with the retailer. The program, sponsored by Gourmet Foods International, will enable Kroger to discover new suppliers to support the continued expansion of its fresh departments – including produce, deli, bakery, meat, seafood, dairy, specialty cheeses, and floral – and its commitment to being Fresh for Everyo...
Grocery Outlet Holding Corp.’s business model presents a number of challenges, including hurdles to diving into the soaring online grocery business, according to Quo Vadis Capital. Shares of Grocery Outlet slumped 11.9% in Wednesday trading after the discount grocer reported sales that missed expectations and said comparable-store sales for the second quarter so far are in the negative low double digits. Grocery Outlet has an off-price business model that is unique to the grocery business.
Prices for soybeans and corn are hitting new highs and that's driving up the prices Americans pay for food at the grocery store with little relief in sight.
Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), a healthy foods grocery chain headquartered in Arizona, is no exception to this trend. Here's how Sprouts Farmers Market performed in the first quarter, why its Q1 headline numbers looked bad, and why investors shouldn't be concerned. Sprouts released its Q1 results on May 6.
Grocery Outlet (GO) reports mixed results for first-quarter 2021 with earnings and sales declining year over year on lower comparable store sales and margins.
Natural Grocers™, America's Organic Headquarters®, will expand and relocate its Midland, TX, store to just 3.3 miles east of its original location. The current store, located at 3116 N. Loop 250 W., will close on Monday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. and the new location, at 3001 Loop 250 Frontage Road, will open on Thursday, May 20 at 8:30 a.m.
Good afternoon, and thank you for joining us on today's call to discuss Grocery Outlet's first-quarter 2021 financial results. Joining me on today's call are Grocery Outlet's chief executive officer, Eric Lindberg; president, RJ Sheedy; and chief financial officer, Charles Bracher. Participants on this call will make forward-looking statements, including our outlook for fiscal 2021 and future performance.