Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down -0.0% in a day
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks up 1.6% on average while median return up -0.0% in a week
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down 0.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NGVC 14.6%, $SYY 6.8%, $VLGEA 4.8%, $CBD 4.2%, $IMKTA 1.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SFM -1.5%, $CASY -1.7%, $GO -2.3%, $KR -4.2%, $IFMK -24.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CBD 12.4%, $GO 7.4%, $VLGEA 3.6%, $NGVC 2.7%, $CASY 1.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $KR -0.9%, $IFMK -1.6%, $SYY -1.9%, $IMKTA -1.9%, $WMK -4.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 15.0%, for the past 3 months is 20.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 59.4%, the lowest correlation is 0.5%, the latest correlation is 4.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 80.3% between KR and SFM
The lowest correlation is -42.4% between CBD and NGVC
Warren Buffett is one of the greatest investors of our time. As a result of his long-term success, when he takes a position in a publicly traded stock, investors take notice. Read on to find out about a handful of stocks that Warren Buffett owns and determine for yourself whether they're also right for you to own.
Shares of Brazilian retailer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição (NYSE: CBD) surged 15.5% through 1:30 p.m. EDT Friday after the supermarket and "hypermarket" operator announced the cession of 71 separate "commercial points located in several federative units of Brasil" to rival retailer Sendas Distribuidora SA, known as Assaí. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição (CBD) operates a lot of stores -- nearly 900 of various kinds and sizes. It plans to cede operational control of 71 Extra Hiper-br...
Sysco (SYY) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Walgreens (WBA) and Vitamin Angels are looking to hit a new goal of reaching 500 million women and children by the end of August 2025.
Dividend stocks that hike their payouts by generous amounts should definitely be on your watch list. If a company were to raise its dividend payments by 10% for more than seven years in a row, your dividend payment would double. Three companies that boosted their payouts by double-digits this year that are suitable for risk-averse investors are Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO), Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), and Kroger (NYSE: KR).
Sprouts Farmers Market Inc., the Phoenix-based specialty grocer, will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to settle lawsuits over allegations that the company discriminated against deaf people in its hiring practices.