Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 1.3% on average while median return down 0.7% in a day
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks down 2.1% on average while median return down 2.9% in a week
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up -0.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SYY 7.0%, $KR 6.3%, $NGVC 4.7%, $SFM 4.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $VLGEA -0.3%, $WMK -2.3%, $GO -7.1%, $CBD -11.4%, $IMKTA -11.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CBD 7.1%, $KR 2.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SFM -3.2%, $WMK -3.3%, $GO -5.3%, $NGVC -5.6%, $IMKTA -6.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 23.3%, for the past 3 months is 31.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 41.7%, the lowest correlation is -10.2%, the latest correlation is 41.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 78.2% between IMKTA and WMK
The lowest correlation is -41.4% between CBD and WMK
Houston, TX, based Investment company Fruth Investment Management (Current Portfolio) buys Steris PLC, Canadian Pacific Railway, Schwab U.S.
Kansas City, MO, based Investment company Scout Investments, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Freeport-McMoRan Inc, Cboe Global Markets Inc, Baker Hughes Co, Eaton Corp PLC, Hormel Foods Corp, sells Horizon Therapeutics PLC, Pioneer Natural Resources Co, Devon Energy Corp, EOG Resources Inc, Southwest Airlines Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Scout Investments, Inc..
Investment company FourThought Financial, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Northrop Grumman Corp, Lockheed Martin Corp, Xcel Energy Inc, AbbVie Inc, DocuSign Inc, sells AT&T Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Nike Inc, Southwest Airlines Co, Alphabet Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, FourThought Financial, LLC.
Tim Massa, Kroger's senior vice president and chief people officer, called the findings 'misleading and untrue.'
Kroger (KR) is making constant efforts to facilitate quick deliveries of fresh grocery. It stretches its tie-up with Nuro to make efficient deliveries via a third-generation autonomous delivery vehicle.
Investment company Parnassus Endeavor Fund (Current Portfolio) buys Sysco Corp, Global Payments Inc, Union Pacific Corp, Gap Inc, sells Omnicom Group Inc, Seagate Technology Holdings PLC, W.W.
Memphis, TN, based Investment company Diversified Trust Co (Current Portfolio) buys BTC iShares Core MSCI EAFE ETF, Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc, AmerisourceBergen Corp, Sysco Corp, Truist Financial Corp, sells Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF, BTC iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF, Illumina Inc, Baxter International Inc, McDonald's Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Diversified Trust Co.
Kroger Co. is rolling out today a new line of ready-made meals being launched by online grocery platform Instacart.
While for some stocks in the S&P 500, it's their large dividend yields that make them attractive picks, I like to focus on companies with payout ratios below 50%. Ultimately, these dividend growth stocks steadily outperform the market, despite paying smaller dividends initially. Let's look at four stocks that fit this bill and offer some of the highest dividend potential in the S&P 500.