Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Theater stocks down 2.6% on average while median return down 2.6% in a day
- Theater stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Theater stocks down 22.0% on average while median return down 16.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MCS -17.1%, $AMC -29.9%, $NCMI -49.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $IMAX 0.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RDI -2.5%, $MCS -3.8%, $NCMI -14.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 25.1%, for the past 3 months is 32.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 61.0%, the lowest correlation is 1.6%, the latest correlation is 12.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 79.1% between CNK and IMAX
The lowest correlation is -26.1% between MCS and RDI
MILWAUKEE, May 23, 2022--Statement from The Marcus Corporation Regarding the Death of David Baum, Director
MILWAUKEE, May 20, 2022--The Marcus Corporation to Participate at 22nd Annual B. Riley Securities Institutional Investor Conference
CENTENNIAL, Colo., May 20, 2022--National CineMedia, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Conference
Widespread inflation is rattling economies and pinching consumers' budgets. Rising inflation could be good and bad news for AMC Entertainment Holdings (NYSE: AMC). Now that folks are returning to movie theaters, AMC's revenue is exploding.
It has been a tough week for the markets. Here are a few hot ticker pages on Yahoo Finance.
Yahoo Finance's Akiko Fujita and Brian Cheung report news that Melvin Capital, the hedge fund that shorted GameStop in 2021, is winding down its funds.
Millennials and Gen Z are investing earlier than previous generations. What are their top stock picks? And should you buy them too?
AMC Entertainment Holdings (NYSE: AMC) has been struggling to contain the harmful effects of the pandemic. Movie fans are coming back, but nowhere near the rate AMC needs in order to break even. Indeed, AMC has two separate loans coming due in 2026.
First Project is "The Blue Angels" From Bad Robot Productions and Zipper Bros FilmsNEW YORK, NY and LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 19, 2022 / IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) and Dolphin Entertainment (NASDAQ:DLPN) have entered into a multi-year agreement to jointly finance the development and production of a slate of feature-length documentaries for the global market.The first project greenlit by the partners is The Blue Angels, developed and co-produced by Bad Robot Productions and Zipper Bros