Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Theater stocks down 1.8% on average while median return down 1.8% in a day
- Theater stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.0% in a week
- Theater stocks up 12.9% on average while median return up 10.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $IMAX 23.1%, $MCS 15.4%, $RDI 11.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AMC -2.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $IMAX 0.2%, $MCS 0.2%, $RDI 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $AMC -2.1%, $CNK -2.2%, $NCMI -7.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 30.8%, for the past 3 months is 46.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 52.2%, the lowest correlation is -6.3%, the latest correlation is 1.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 62.8% between CNK and IMAX
The lowest correlation is -7.1% between AMC and IMAX
Imax (IMAX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
In 2020, AMC lost $16.15 a share. Over the past five quarters, the company's sales have shrunk 22% to 99% vs. year-ago levels. Such results normally devastate most companies.
MILWAUKEE, October 21, 2021--Chad Paris Joins The Marcus Corporation as Corporate Controller and Treasurer
In the latest trading session, AMC Entertainment (AMC) closed at $40.88, marking a +0.2% move from the previous day.
PLANO, Texas, October 20, 2021--Cinemark continues to evolve the moviegoing experience with features including Snacks in a Tap.
MILWAUKEE, October 20, 2021--The Marcus Corporation Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Release Date and Conference Call
PLANO, Texas, October 19, 2021--Cinemark announces fun promotions for Halloween.
Fathom Events is proud to announce "Dave Hollis: Built Through Courage" will be presented in movie theaters nationwide in a special one-night cinema event on November 17. This special event taps into renowned speaker and bestselling author Dave Hollis' latest revelatory work about the uniqueness and value of each person and features renowned speakers and authors such as Brendon Burchard, Heidi Powell, Jay Shetty, Mel Robbins, Grandma Lee, Maria Menounos, Tom Bilyeu, Annie Downs, Carlos Whittaker