Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Theater stocks up 4.9% on average while median return up 2.6% in a day
- Theater stocks up 10.5% on average while median return up 4.1% in a week
- Theater stocks up 24.2% on average while median return up 26.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RDI 52.8%, $MCS 35.5%, $AMC 31.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AMC 61.0%, $RDI 9.3%, $MCS 5.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $IMAX -2.4%, $NCMI -6.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 47.1%, for the past 3 months is 71.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 74.5%, the lowest correlation is 14.8%, the latest correlation is 28.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.3% between CNK and MCS
The lowest correlation is -7.3% between AMC and IMAX
Shares of AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) were soaring 17% higher in afternoon trading Friday, despite announcements that movies such as the premiere of the latest James Bond film No Time to Die have been delayed yet again, this time until October. Although delaying films should have a negative impact since few moviegoers will come to the cinema without new titles, AMC is opening dozens of theaters this month that were previously forced to remain closed. Illinois, for example, reshut theaters in...
The announcement is a further blow to cinemas that have been forced to close their doors for months because of lockdowns.
Daniel Craig will now make his final appearance as British Secret Service Agent 007 on Oct. 8, 2021.
Shares of AMC Entertainment spiked 32% after the cash-strapped theater chain issued $100 million in debt. The stock surged another 8% in Tuesday’s after-market trading. Specifically, AMC (AMC) reported that it raised $100 million in aggregate principal amount of first lien secured notes due 2026. The debt sale comes after the theater operator received a commitment letter from current debtholder Mudrick Capital. The US Bank National Association served as trustee and collateral agent. The notes wi...
(AMC) got another dose of cash, lighting its shares on fire on Tuesday. The largest movie theater operator said it issued $100 million in secured debt in a deal with distressed investor Mudrick Capital. The first payment is due in July, giving AMC extra capital to wait out the pandemic.
AMC Entertainment shares jumped after the theater chain issued $100 million in debt to help finance operations through the pandemic.
Shares of AMC Entertainment (AMC) soared more than 30% during Tuesday’s session after announcing a secured debt deal to give the struggling theater company a liquidity boost.
AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) saw a big move last session, as its shares jumped nearly 7% on the day, amid huge volumes.