Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Tobacco stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 1.7% in a day
- Tobacco stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.4% in a week
- Tobacco stocks down 7.9% on average while median return down 5.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BTI -5.5%, $PM -7.6%, $VGR -15.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TPB 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VGR -2.1%, $MO -3.7%, $PM -4.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 38.6%, for the past 3 months is 37.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 84.1%, the lowest correlation is 9.8%, the latest correlation is 84.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 80.9% between UVV and VGR
The lowest correlation is -10.8% between TPB and UVV
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
In this article, we will take a look at the 15 most promising dividend stocks according to analysts. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Most Promising Dividend Stocks According to Analysts. Financial markets are currently wavering following the SVB collapse and uncertainty about the Federal Reserve’s roadmap to tame inflation. Some analysts […]
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
British American Tobacco p.l.c. ( LON:BATS ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend date is...
Tobacco company Philip Morris International (NYSE: PM) was created when Altria Group (NYSE: MO) spun off its non-U.S. businesses in 2008. Philip Morris is a U.S. company that reports in USD; when the dollar is stronger than currencies in other foreign markets, the company takes an exchange rate hit on every dollar it brings in. Here are three reasons to consider buying Philip Morris stock today.
British American Tobacco should be another candidate, according to shareholder GQG. BAT — which has not commented on the issue — is barely a UK company at all, if its shareholder base is anything to go by. BAT’s biggest shareholder is US behemoth Capital Group with over 16 per cent of the company.
Dividend stocks are normally top-notch safe-haven plays. Speaking to this point, the bellwether Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF has dipped by 6.84% over the prior 12 months. The net result is that a surfeit of income stocks now offer yields in excess of 5% per year, a mark that is nearly three times higher than the average yield among stocks listed on the benchmark S&P 500.
Equities have been going through a phase of uncertainty with a looming recession and aggressive contractionary monetary policies. The failure of Silicon Valley Bank has further dented equity market sentiments. Of course, opportunities will continue to exist among growth stocks as valuations look attractive. However, holding blue-chip stocks in the portfolio is important for capital preservation and regular cash inflow through dividends. Fortunately, there are several attractive dividend stocks w
Ariel Investments, an investment management company, released its “Ariel Global Strategy” fourth-quarter investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the Ariel Global Composite delivered a 10.72% gross of fees compared to a +9.76% return for the primary MSCI ACWI Index and a +14.21% gain for the MSCI ACWI […]
Among forecasters surveyed by the National Association for Business Economics, 60% of respondents think it's likely the U.S. will slip into a recession this year. In the face of market volatility and the looming possibility of a recession, investors might be wondering how best to play the current environment. Predicting exactly what the market and broader economy will do over the next year may not be possible, but having top-tier dividend stocks backed by businesses that can withstand harsh co...