Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Tobacco stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.2% in a day
- Tobacco stocks up 2.0% on average while median return up 2.7% in a week
- Tobacco stocks up 6.4% on average while median return up 5.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $UVV 17.9%, $PM 9.7%, $VGR 7.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MO -3.4%, $TPB -9.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BTI 3.3%, $PM 3.2%, $UVV 2.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TPB -0.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 47.7%, for the past 3 months is 56.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 83.6%, the lowest correlation is -4.9%, the latest correlation is 34.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 65.5% between BTI and PM
The lowest correlation is 19.3% between MO and VGR
Philip Morris (PM) launches a heat-not-burn tobacco heating system, BONDS by IQOS, to accelerate the achievement of a smoke-free future.
These supercharged income stocks, with yields ranging from 8.5% to 17.7%, were on billionaire money manager's buy lists during the third quarter.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland, November 22, 2022--Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) today announced the launch of its latest heat-not-burn tobacco heating system, BONDS by IQOS with its accompanying specially designed tobacco sticks, BLENDS. A new product from IQOS, the world’s No. 1 tobacco heating system2, BONDS by IQOS offers adults who would otherwise continue to smoke access to a compact, low maintenance and hassle-free to use smoke-free offer—validated by science—as a better altern
High-yielding dividend stocks have been some of the safest investments of 2022. In fact, “The recent outperformance of dividend stocks is contrary to the traditional wisdom that they tend to lag the overall market in a rising-rate environment. This theory’s adherents think rate hikes make newly issued fixed-income products more attractive and reduce the appeal of stable income from equities. Some investors also argue that higher rates make it harder for companies to pay back debt, let alone sust
Zacks.com users have recently been watching Philip Morris (PM) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
Despite this downturn, high-yielding dividend stocks held up and generally performed better than the broader market. The tobacco company Altria Group (NYSE: MO) is one example. Let's take a deeper dive into Altria Group's fundamentals and valuation to articulate why it deserves a spot within an income investor's portfolio.
The fact that multiple Philip Morris International Inc. ( NYSE:PM ) insiders offloaded a considerable amount of shares...
In order to justify the effort of selecting individual stocks, it's worth striving to beat the returns from a market...
Wall Street analysts can be -- and often are -- wrong. Generally speaking, analysts don't get overly excited about stocks with exceptionally high dividend yields. Here are three high-yield dividend stocks that Wall Street absolutely loves right now.
Fintech companies have revolutionized investing, investors have often been able to scoop up stocks for no trading commissions over the last few years. Investors who have a few dollars to invest can buy at least one whole share of each of these three affordable stocks for less than $50. Regardless of what's going on around the world, it's a safe bet (sadly health-wise) that cigarettes will always be consumed due to nicotine's addictive nature.