Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Tobacco stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up 0.7% in a day
- Tobacco stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down -0.7% in a week
- Tobacco stocks up 1.9% on average while median return up -0.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BTI 2.9%, $VGR 1.7%, $TPB 0.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PM -0.3%, $UVV -1.4%, $MO -1.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MO 2.4%, $TPB 2.1%, $BTI 0.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $UVV -8.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.7%, for the past 3 months is 40.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.9%, the lowest correlation is -5.6%, the latest correlation is -5.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 69.4% between TPB and UVV
The lowest correlation is -11.0% between BTI and VGR
Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV) will webcast its conference call on February 8, 2021, following the release of its results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2021 after market close on that date. The conference call will begin at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time and will be hosted by Candace C. Formacek, Vice President and Treasurer.
Although they are in unloved sectors like energy, cigarettes, and telecommunications, these stocks have dividends that look secure.
Despite Philip Morris International (NYSE: PM) winning the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)'s marketing approval and a modified risk label for its IQOS heat-not-burn device, the technology hasn't really gone anywhere.
Altria's (MO) fourth-quarter 2020 results are likely to reflect gains from pricing as well as strength in the Oral Tobacco Products segment, though cigarette volumes have been soft for a while.
Income-oriented investors can still find strong yields if they're willing to venture off the beaten path.
Altria (MO) closed at $41.83 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.26% move from the prior day.
Just like sports franchises, movie franchises are not only a cultural touchstone but also a lucrative financial opportunity.
Altria (MO) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Altria's (MO) efforts to boost oral tobacco offerings and expansion of IQOS across stores are yielding. Moreover, pricing power is aiding revenue growth.