Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Tobacco stocks down 1.3% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Tobacco stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.8% in a week
- Tobacco stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down -0.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $VGR 9.7%, $TPB 5.6%, $UVV 1.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MO -1.0%, $BTI -2.2%, $PM -4.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BTI 3.2%, $MO 3.0%, $PM 2.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $UVV -0.8%, $VGR -1.7%, $TPB -3.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 46.8%, for the past 3 months is 38.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 77.3%, the lowest correlation is -3.3%, the latest correlation is 77.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.3% between BTI and MO
The lowest correlation is 12.3% between PM and TPB
Although the masses and most of the financial media blame hedge funds for their exorbitant fee structure and disappointing performance, these investors have proved to have great stock picking abilities over the years (that’s why their assets under management continue to swell). We believe hedge fund sentiment should serve as a crucial tool of an […]
Philip Morris' (PM) Q3 results are likely to reflect gains from pricing as well as strength in reduced risk products. The duty-free business might have been affected by the pandemic-led uncertainties.
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of Terry Smith’s Fundsmith LLP. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Smith’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of Terry Smith’s Fundsmith LLP. Terry Smith, a renowned British investor often referred to as […]
RICHMOND, Va., October 14, 2021--ALTRIA TO HOST WEBCAST OF 2021 THIRD-QUARTER RESULTS
By Exec Edge Editorial Staff In a further sign of business model validation from people in the know, TAAT Global Alternatives Inc. (CSE: TAAT) (OTCQX: TOBAF) (FRANKFURT: 2TP) has received an additional CAD $10,000,000 investment from a group of venture investors led by Ms. Debbie Chang, co-founder of Horizons Ventures, in her personal capacity. The […]
Altria (MO) strives to expand IQOS and on! amid consumers' rising preference on low-risk tobacco alternatives. Moreover, strong pricing for tobacco products is driving revenues.