Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Tobacco stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.5% in a day
- Tobacco stocks up 0.7% on average while median return up 1.8% in a week
- Tobacco stocks down 2.2% on average while median return down 1.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PM 6.2%, $UVV 2.2%, $BTI 1.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MO -3.6%, $VGR -4.6%, $TPB -9.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VGR 3.1%, $BTI 2.8%, $MO 2.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TPB -6.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 41.6%, for the past 3 months is 38.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 84.8%, the lowest correlation is -2.5%, the latest correlation is 48.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 78.6% between BTI and MO
The lowest correlation is 11.1% between PM and TPB
Altria is trying to become less of a cigarette company as demand fades. Is the stock a buy after breaking out then giving back its gains?
Top Analyst Reports for Exxon Mobil, AbbVie & Citigroup
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) will host a live video webcast of the company’s remarks and question-and-answer session by Jacek Olczak, Chief Executive Officer, at the 2021 Goldman Sachs Global Staples Forum at www.pmi.com/2021goldmansachs on Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at approximately 9:40 a.m. ET.
Tobacco companies have the potential to be great partners to the cannabis industry. Both sectors have faced regulatory challenges and many hurdles with promoting their products in ways other industries simply can't relate to.
Worldwide, cigarette smoking is in decline, but dwindling interest in cigarettes may not spell doom for Philip Morris International (PM) stock. The tobacco powerhouse, maker of global brands like Marlboro, has read the writing on the wall. Choosing to adapt rather than go extinct, Philip Morris is betting big on its alternative to traditional cigarettes, the IQOS tobacco-heating product. After striking success in Europe and Asia, it plans to bring the product to the U.S. market. To do so, it has...
Altria Group Announces Election of Kathryn B. McQuade as Chair of the Board
Philip Morris International's (NYSE: PM) stock recently hit a three-year high after the company posted strong first-quarter numbers and raised its full-year guidance. PMI was spun off from Altria (NYSE: MO) in 2008. PMI retained the company's overseas business, while Altria remained in the U.S.
Douglas Elliman, one of the largest independent residential real estate brokerages in the United States, announces the launch of its brand new single sign-on portal, MyDouglas, in addition to an improved StudioPro application powered by Rechat. MyDouglas is a premier, customizable, mobile-friendly and cloud-based platform that integrates all agent resources in one user-friendly suite.
Executive bonuses in the US have received record low support from investors this year after boardroom moves to loosen performance targets during the pandemic backfired. Six S&P 500 companies this year — including General Electric, AT&T, IBM and Starbucks — have failed to win a majority of shareholder support for pay packages.