Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Transportation stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up 0.5% in a day
- Transportation stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 0.5% in a week
- Transportation stocks up 16.5% on average while median return up 7.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $STCN 225.6%, $YGMZ 217.1%, $AIRT 89.5%, $SINO 63.7%, $SB 60.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ATSG -9.8%, $FDX -12.8%, $NAT -13.9%, $GOL -17.1%, $PATI -25.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $STCN 161.8%, $SINO 35.9%, $CYRX 26.6%, $YGMZ 24.7%, $PTSI 22.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LPG -9.0%, $DSSI -9.8%, $DAC -10.5%, $GLOG -12.2%, $ASC -13.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 19.4%, for the past 3 months is 24.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 26.6%, the lowest correlation is 6.1%, the latest correlation is 10.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.6% between AAL and DAL
The lowest correlation is -53.9% between AAWW and CP
United Airlines reported a deeper fourth-quarter loss than expected and gave weak Q1 views Wednesday.
United Airlines Holdings Inc on Wednesday reported a fourth straight quarterly loss as the coronavirus pandemic continued to upend the travel industry and said it aims to cut about $2 billion of annual costs through 2023 as it charts a recovery plan. Airlines are counting on COVID-19 vaccines to boost travel demand later this year but warn that the strength of a rebound will largely depend on the pace of vaccine rollouts, particularly as coronavirus cases keep rising. Chicago-based United's ad...
United Airlines (UAL) today announced fourth-quarter and full-year 2020 financial results. The company continues its efforts to lead the industry as it manages the most disruptive crisis in aviation history.
Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYSE: KSU) announced today that it has entered into a joint agreement with NorthPoint Development to develop the master planned Wylie Logistics Park in Wylie, Texas, located adjacent to KCS’ David L. Starling Wylie Intermodal Terminal.
Delta Air Lines (DAL) shares moved higher during Wednesday's session after Argus upgraded the stock to Buy with a $48 price target.
FedEx is delivering vaccines that will help the global economy rebound this year while new FAA drone rules take hold. Is FedEx stock a good buy?
Schneider (NYSE: SNDR), a premier provider of trucking, intermodal and logistics services, announced today that president and CEO Mark Rourke will join TuSimple’s newly established Executive Advisory Board. TuSimple is a global self-driving technology company developing a commercial-ready Level 4 (SAE) fully autonomous driving solution for long-haul heavy-duty trucks.
Norfolk Southern's (NSC) Q4 results might reflect softness in volumes due to coronavirus-induced freight slowdown. However, reduced costs are expected to have aided the bottom line.