Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Transportation stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down -0.0% in a day
- Transportation stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Transportation stocks down 9.8% on average while median return down 8.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $USAK 92.3%, $CYRX 28.4%, $SAVE 20.9%, $CVLG 10.2%, $RLGT 9.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SMHI -37.1%, $NM -37.3%, $EDRY -38.3%, $AZUL -40.8%, $GOL -40.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CEA 9.4%, $ZNH 8.9%, $TNP 4.8%, $GPP 4.6%, $TFII 4.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MESA -11.4%, $VLRS -11.8%, $AZUL -12.6%, $SMHI -13.4%, $GOL -15.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 38.7%, for the past 3 months is 30.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.7%, the lowest correlation is 4.3%, the latest correlation is 17.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 95.6% between AAL and DAL
The lowest correlation is -41.4% between AIRT and CEA
Inflation fears caused aviation stocks to significantly underperform during a lousy month for stocks.
Yahoo Finance Live looks at how Delta Airlines offered $10,000 to passengers for their seats on an overbooked flight to Michigan ahead of the July 4th holiday weekend.
HAMILTON, BERMUDA, July 1, 2022 – DHT Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DHT) (“DHT” or the “Company”) announces that the Company has during the second quarter purchased 2,826,771 of its own shares — equivalent to 1.7% of its outstanding shares — at an average price of $5.6256. The shares have been retired upon receipt. About DHT Holdings, Inc. DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company. Our fleet trades internationally and consists of crude oil tankers in the VLCC segment. We operate through our integrat
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., July 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (Nasdaq/GS: CVLG) announced it plans to release its second quarter earnings after 4:00 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, July 25, 2022. Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. will hold a live conference call to discuss its second quarter earnings release on Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time. Individuals with questions may dial in at 800-231-0316 (U.S./Canada) and 0800-524-4760 (International). An audio replay
Ryanair boss Michael O’Leary, the pioneer of low-cost travel in Europe, has warned fares will rise for the next five years because flying has become “too cheap” to make profits as industry costs spiral. O’Leary also fired a broadside at the British government and what he called “the disaster” of Brexit that had stopped airlines easily recruiting European workers, which the industry says has worsened staff shortages this summer.
American Airlines' (AAL) pilots will get extra benefits if the proposal is ratified by Sep 30, 2022.
The number of people traveling by car and airplane for the Fourth of July holiday is expected to climb near pre-pandemic levels, a test for U.S. airlines that have struggled with inadequate staffing and flight cancellations this summer. The easing of COVID-19 restrictions and bottled-up travel demand are translating into the strongest summer since the pandemic for U.S. carriers. But so far the season has been marred by chaos, with more than 20,000 flight cancellations as U.S. airlines struggle...
China placed a large order on behalf of three of its biggest airlines for close to 300 jets from Airbus, the first major commitment from China to new planes since before the onset of the pandemic.
United Airlines recently announced its own contract agreement while Delta pilots protest stalled negotiations.