Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Transportation stocks up 1.1% on average while median return up 0.6% in a day
- Transportation stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 1.5% in a week
- Transportation stocks up 3.8% on average while median return up 4.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CVLG 40.9%, $BEST 38.0%, $NM 34.0%, $EURN 27.7%, $PTSI 26.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GNK -11.9%, $YGMZ -13.5%, $GRIN -16.4%, $ESEA -17.9%, $AIRT -24.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PTSI 16.6%, $USAK 14.6%, $TRMD 13.8%, $EDRY 11.7%, $JBHT 11.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PSHG -6.9%, $SAVE -8.4%, $NMM -8.6%, $YGMZ -9.7%, $TNP -10.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.1%, for the past 3 months is 21.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 31.8%, the lowest correlation is -0.4%, the latest correlation is 3.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.4% between CMRE and DAC
The lowest correlation is -57.1% between AIRT and DSKE
The carrier blamed the decline in business travel for the new daily nonstop never getting off the ground.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) today announced a series of near-term goals, actions, and initiatives in support of a 10-year plan to maintain carbon neutrality to 2019 levels while continuing to grow its operations.
Today, Alaska Airlines announced the formation of a new LLC, Alaska Star Ventures, to advance emerging technology that will accelerate the airline's progress toward net zero carbon emissions.
UP.Partners today announced the final close of its inaugural $230M early stage venture capital fund dedicated to supporting companies that are transforming the moving world.
United Airlines reports Q3 earnings on Tuesday, with results for American Airlines and Southwest due Wednesday. Airline stocks mostly fell.
FedEx Express recently began installing driver-facing cameras in pickup and delivery vehicles. FedEx and some industry experts say it can protect against fraudulent and unsafe driving claims. Some drivers call it an invasion of privacy.
Travel website Kayak said on Monday searches related to international travel to the United States spiked 48% on Saturday, from the same day one week earlier. This followed the White House's announcement on Friday that it would lift COVID-19 travel restrictions for fully vaccinated international visitors starting Nov. 8. Kayak is owned and operated by Booking Holdings Inc .
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. ( NASDAQ:ODFL ) received a lot of attention from a substantial price increase on the...