Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Utilities stocks up 1.7% on average while median return up 2.0% in a day
- Utilities stocks up 1.9% on average while median return up 2.8% in a week
- Utilities stocks down 3.7% on average while median return down 2.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CDZI 30.9%, $BEEMW 15.3%, $BWXT 12.2%, $GNE 10.4%, $LEU 9.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ENIC -17.8%, $CQP -18.9%, $CEPU -21.2%, $EDN -27.5%, $SMLP -33.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BEEMW 15.3%, $ORA 11.4%, $CPK 9.6%, $RGCO 8.7%, $PAM 8.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SMLP -9.6%, $KEN -11.4%, $AZRE -11.5%, $VVPR -17.0%, $BEEM -17.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 42.3%, for the past 3 months is 31.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.2%, the lowest correlation is 1.8%, the latest correlation is 29.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.5% between BEP and BEPC
The lowest correlation is -35.3% between AEPPL and BIPC
American Water Works Company Inc's (NYSE: AWK) Military Services Group has secured a contract for the ownership, operation, maintenance, and replacement of the wastewater utility system assets at Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville, Florida. The contract value awarded is ~$341 million over a 50-year period. "American Water is honored to be awarded our first Navy contract," said CEO Susan Hardwick. AWK was selected for the NS Mayport wastewater UP contract by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA),
Here is how Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY) and TransAlta (TAC) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Consolidated Water (CWCO) made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen and could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from stocks that are currently on the move.
American Water's (AWK) unit Pennsylvania American Water expands its operation through the acquisition of the wastewater system assets of Upper Pottsgrove Township for $13.75 million.
CAMDEN, N.J., July 01, 2022--American Water (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today its Military Services Group has been awarded a contract for ownership, operation, maintenance and replacement of the wastewater utility system assets at Naval Station Mayport ("NS Mayport") in Jacksonville, Fla.
Is a recession coming? Ark Invest CEO Cathie Wood thinks that one has already arrived. Economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal put the odds of a recession over the next 12 months at 44%. Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell recently said that a recession is "a possibility," although the Fed is trying to avoid causing one with its interest rate hikes.
Enbridge (ENB) closed the most recent trading day at $42.26, moving -0.42% from the previous trading session.
CHARLESTON, W.Va., June 30, 2022--West Virginia American Water filed an application today with the Public Service Commission (PSC) of West Virginia, seeking approval of its 2023 infrastructure replacement program and associated Distribution System Improvement Charge (DSIC). This infrastructure replacement plan and surcharge is reviewed and updated annually by the PSC, and the proposed 2023 rate includes approximately $81.2 million of investment for infrastructure replacement and system upgrades.
Purecycle Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: PCT) has promoted Dustin Olson, current Chief Operating Officer and Chief Manufacturing Officer, to the role of CEO, along with becoming a member of the board, effective August 5, 2022. Mr. Olson succeeds Mike Otworth, who will resign to return to Innventure, a company he helped found. Dustin Olson has been with Purecycle since 2021, leading manufacturing and operations. He has over 20 years of plastics, petrochemical, and refining experience in the United Sta