Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Utilities stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down -0.0% in a day
- Utilities stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up 0.8% in a week
- Utilities stocks up 2.9% on average while median return up 2.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SBS 15.0%, $TAC 13.6%, $EBR 12.4%, $NI 11.7%, $AWK 11.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CWCO -17.7%, $GVP -20.3%, $SMLP -20.6%, $FCEL -23.5%, $MAXN -29.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SJIU 7.0%, $SJI 6.8%, $EBR 6.5%, $ELLO 6.2%, $SBS 5.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RUN -12.7%, $FCEL -13.2%, $NOVA -13.6%, $CLNE -15.4%, $MAXN -26.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 12.5%, for the past 3 months is 14.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 37.3%, the lowest correlation is -0.0%, the latest correlation is 16.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.7% between BEEM and BEEMW
The lowest correlation is -56.5% between AEPPL and BEEMW
Joe Collins, Republican Candidate for California’s 43rd District, joins Yahoo Finance’s Kristin Myers and Alexis Christoforous to discuss Georgia’s voting restrictions and running for California’s 43rd District.
Northwest Natural Holding Co tops the list
To lower the frequency of power outages and maintain 24X7 electricity supply, FirstEnergy's (FE) units are investing heavily in vegetation management program.
UGI's strategic investments, consistent customer additions and its steady focus on clean energy portfolio are likely to strengthen its existing operations.
The amount of natural gas flowing to U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) export plants fell to a one-month low on Thursday due to planned work at Cheniere Energy Inc's Corpus Christi in Texas, according to analysts and Refinitiv. Traders noted LNG feedgas could fall even further next week when Cameron LNG shuts a liquefaction train at its Louisiana plant for planned work.
Beginning next week, restaurants in six Northern and Central California counties can apply for a $3,500 grant to help them rebound from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The California Restaurant Foundation’s (CRF) Restaurants Care Resilience Fund is accepting applications April 11-18, 2021. Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) contributed $500,000 to the fund to assist small restaurants struggling in the wake of stay-at-home orders and other pandemic restrictions that have affec...
Dominion Energy (D) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Enbridge (ENB) plans to expand its extensive natural gas business for continuously evolving energy transition as it aims to reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
Looking for dividend-paying energy stocks? Here are three with big yields that look safe despite the industry's ongoing headwinds.