Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- WallStreetBets stocks up 2.1% on average while median return up -1.7% in a day
- WallStreetBets stocks up 1.6% on average while median return up 0.5% in a week
- WallStreetBets stocks down 15.5% on average while median return down 7.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GME 15.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GEO -19.2%, $CLOV -20.6%, $EXPR -21.5%, $AMC -28.9%, $BBBY -51.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GME 49.7%, $AMC 3.1%, $NOK 2.2%, $KOSS 1.5%, $WWE 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BB -0.8%, $GEO -4.2%, $EXPR -4.5%, $CLOV -4.7%, $BBBY -22.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 11.5%, for the past 3 months is 18.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 51.8%, the lowest correlation is 1.4%, the latest correlation is 18.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 72.6% between GME and KOSS
The lowest correlation is -30.1% between CLOV and GEO
The stock market turned red following the Federal Reserve's policy announcement Wednesday afternoon.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre checks out markets and meme stocks ahead of the closing bell.
Videogame retailer GameStop reports a surprise fiscal fourth-quarter profit, while Carvana says it anticipates a narrower-than-expected adjusted loss for its fiscal first quarter.
Video game resale retailer GameStop has seemed like its been drowning for some time now as video game fans have moved mostly to buying digital products, leaving the chain desperate for a solution to remain relevant. GameStop reported its fourth-quarter results on March 21, 2023, and the company's net income of $48.2 million delivered a shock to the market. DON'T MISS: How Is the Bank Stock Crash Like the GameStop Meme Mania of 2021?
In early February, Bed Bath & Beyond announced it would close 150 company stores. Since September, 2022, the Union, N.J.-based retailer has closed 400 stores in the U.S. altogether. In the retail sector, that kind of performance often leads to shuttered stores, and that's certainly the case with Bed, Bath & Beyond.
U.S. businesses in sectors ranging from manufacturing to technology are recalibrating after a period of rapid growth.
Don't let today's rally fool you. Had you plunked $10,000 in GameStop a year ago and not sold you'd have a huge loss.
GameStop (GME) shares are soaring more than 30% after the electronics retailer posted its first quarterly profit in two years as it cut costs and reduced inventory.
GameStop blew away Q4 expectations late Tuesday, posting positive earnings for the second time in 12 quarters. GME stock leapt after hours.
The stock market remained quiet midday Wednesday as investors waited to see if banking woes will cause the Fed to shift its stance on interest rates. GameStop's profitable quarter sparked a rally in meme stocks.