Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Airlines stocks up 1.1% on average while median return up 0.7% in a day
- Airlines stocks up 1.0% on average while median return up 1.4% in a week
- Airlines stocks up 27.0% on average while median return up 25.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MESA 96.2%, $SKYW 38.1%, $SAVE 35.3%, $ALGT 34.3%, $VLRS 32.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AZUL -6.1%, $GOL -14.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $UAL 7.3%, $LUV 6.0%, $VLRS 5.8%, $CPA 5.8%, $ZNH 4.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SAVE -1.5%, $RYAAY -1.9%, $AZUL -6.2%, $GOL -7.7%, $ATSG -8.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 41.5%, for the past 3 months is 46.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 70.2%, the lowest correlation is 11.2%, the latest correlation is 52.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.2% between AZUL and GOL
The lowest correlation is -25.4% between ALGT and ZNH
Alisha Kapur, SimilarWeb's lead travel industry consultant, joined Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the latest travel industry trends.
Boeing scored new orders as airlines eye post-pandemic growth, but China still hasn't cleared the 737 Max to return.
Airline shares gained altitude on Monday thanks to a series of positive signs concerning the industry's post-pandemic recovery. United Airlines Holdings (NASDAQ: UAL), American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL), and Spirit Airlines (NYSE: SAVE) led the way higher, each up more than 5% at one point on Monday. A vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson got the green light from U.S. regulators over the weekend, which means the country now has three vaccines to deploy against the virus.
Hawaiian Airlines today announced the appointment of husband-and-wife team Wade Ueoka and Michelle Karr-Ueoka, owners of Honolulu's MW Restaurant and Artizen, as its executive chefs. Together, they will oversee menus from the carrier's popular onboard Featured Chef Series, as well as curate First Class meals for inbound flights from the U.S. mainland and all cabin menus for flights between Hawaiʻi and Japan, Australia and New Zealand and outbound flights to South Korea.
Starting today, California residents who enroll in the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ now through March 3, 2021 can book that long-awaited trip to visit Napa Valley, the world-famous San Diego Zoo, or any other California destination with a flight on Alaska Airlines.*
Airline stocks were rallying Monday on more positive vaccine news and hopes for a monumental travel recovery as the pandemic winds down.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) launched a four-day WOW Sale today, March 1, 2021, through March 4, 2021, 11:59 p.m., Central Standard Time, with fares starting as low as $29 one-way. Customers can take advantage of these low fares for their perfect getaway for travel in April and May.
United Airlines (UAL) is partnering with Landline to offer connecting bus service from Denver to Breckenridge and Fort Collins.
United Airlines Holdings Inc has ordered 25 new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft to receive in 2023 and moved up the delivery of others as it prepares to replace aging jets and meet post-pandemic demand growth, the company said on Monday. "With a number of our aircraft nearing the end of their lifecycle and the growth opportunities that we know will exist in the COVID-19 recovery period, this agreement will help us to grow as demand returns," Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Nocella said in a memo. The ...
"With a number of our aircraft nearing the end of their lifecycle and the growth opportunities that we know will exist in the COVID-19 recovery period, this agreement will help us to grow as demand returns," Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Nocella said in a memo. Altogether, it has 188 orders for the Boeing 737 MAX, which was grounded in March 2019 after two deadly crashes. United has 52 Boeing 777-200 aircraft which were grounded last week after an engine failure soon after one of its flights...