Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Airlines stocks down 3.0% on average while median return down 3.2% in a day
- Airlines stocks down 3.5% on average while median return down 3.9% in a week
- Airlines stocks down 5.6% on average while median return down 8.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GOL 11.5%, $RYAAY 11.1%, $VLRS 9.3%, $AZUL 9.0%, $VTOL 8.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SAVE -12.1%, $SKYW -12.7%, $ALGT -13.4%, $ATSG -15.7%, $MESA -20.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AZUL 2.4%, $VLRS 1.4%, $GOL 1.3%, $VTOL 0.4%, $CEA 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SKYW -5.7%, $ATSG -7.3%, $ALGT -8.1%, $HA -9.1%, $MESA -11.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 46.5%, for the past 3 months is 42.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 65.1%, the lowest correlation is 0.1%, the latest correlation is 54.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.0% between ALK and DAL
The lowest correlation is -29.6% between CEA and SAVE
Delta (DAL) plans to launch its first nonstop flights to Croatia this July as air-travel demand continues to improve.
United Airlines (UAL) intends to temporarily suspend its Chicago-New Delhi flights and postpone the launch of its San Francisco-Bangalore flights as coronavirus cases surge in India.
United Airlines said on Friday it is temporarily pausing service between Chicago and New Delhi in June and delaying the planned launch of flights between San Francisco and Bangalore as a catastrophic explosion of COVID-19 cases hits demand. India reported another record daily rise in coronavirus infections on Friday, bringing total new cases for the week to 1.57 million, as its vaccination rate falls dramatically due to a lack of supplies and transport problems. Until the Chicago-Delhi route i...
GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. (NYSE: GOL and B3: GOLL4), Brazil's largest domestic airline, announces today preliminary air traffic figures for the month of April 2021, compared to the same period in 2020.
Delta Air Lines (DAL) closed at $46.11 in the latest trading session, marking a +2.63% move from the prior day.
Southwest Airlines (LUV) closed at $61.66 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.6% move from the prior day.
Airbus delivered 45 jets in April, bringing its total so far this year to 170 - up 25% from the same period of 2020 when airlines were reeling from the first shock of COVID-19. April deliveries trebled compared to the same period a year earlier, but slipped from 72 in March, company data showed. But a humanitarian crisis in India caused by a surge of coronavirus infections has caused air travel in another key Airbus market to plummet even as some deliveries continue.
Booking Holdings CEO Glenn Fogel shares his outlook on the travel industry as it looks to recover from COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said it screened 1.64 million passengers on Thursday at U.S. airports, the highest number since March 2020, when the coronavirus pandemic slashed travel demand. The number of U.S. air travelers is still about 35% lower than the same date in 2019, down nearly 1 million travelers, TSA said. U.S. airlines have been adding more flights, anticipating rising summer travel demand.
Bristow Group (NYSE:VTOL) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 7.6% over the last...