Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Airlines stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.5% in a day
- Airlines stocks up 3.2% on average while median return up 2.2% in a week
- Airlines stocks up 23.5% on average while median return up 19.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MESA 151.8%, $VLRS 32.2%, $AAL 30.7%, $JBLU 29.5%, $UAL 28.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LUV -1.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MESA 21.0%, $AZUL 8.1%, $GOL 7.5%, $VTOL 4.1%, $ALK 3.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ZNH -0.3%, $JBLU -1.8%, $LUV -2.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 38.4%, for the past 3 months is 34.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 48.2%, the lowest correlation is 11.0%, the latest correlation is 21.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.9% between AZUL and GOL
The lowest correlation is -35.7% between ATSG and MESA
Southwest detailed the reasons for the 16,700 flights it had to cancel over a ten day period in December.
Yahoo Finance Live’s Seana Smith and Dave Briggs check out several trending stocks after the closing bell, including how airlines are faring during earnings season and in the fallout of holiday cancellations.
PHOENIX, Jan. 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MESA) will release its first quarter earnings results for fiscal year 2023 after the market closes on Thursday, February 9th. The company will also host a conference call to discuss the results on February 9th at 4:30 pm Eastern Time. The call can be accessed by dialing 888-469-2054 and entering the passcode: PHOENIX (7463649). There will also be a listen-only webcast on Mesa’s website (found here). A recorded version will
A Relative Strength Rating upgrade for American Airlines stock shows improving technical performance. Will it continue?
After disrupting the trips of more than 2 million travelers, yes, as in the equivalent of Kansas City metro, Southwest says it's back to plan by March.
Southwest CEO Bob Jordan has some questions to answer about his company's handling of flight disruptions during the holiday travel season.
American Airlines and Southwest Airlines both reported earnings this morning. One chart is great for the longs and one is bearish. Let's take a closer look.
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
American Airlines Cargo is taking part in a global effort to transport life-saving medical and sanitation supplies to Haiti as the nation struggles to control a deadly cholera outbreak.
FTX lawyers released a document that lists creditors which include big name media companies, airlines, financial institutions, and schools.