Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Battery stocks down 4.1% on average while median return down 3.8% in a day
- Battery stocks down 7.7% on average while median return down 7.0% in a week
- Battery stocks down 10.6% on average while median return down 2.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ALB 3.9%, $JCI 2.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TSLA -22.4%, $ENPH -22.9%, $QS -35.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ALB -7.6%, $TSLA -11.8%, $QS -17.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 20.9%, for the past 3 months is 29.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 41.3%, the lowest correlation is -11.2%, the latest correlation is 38.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 69.9% between ALB and SQM
The lowest correlation is -11.8% between JCI and TSLA
(Bloomberg) -- The world’s biggest lithium miner wants to extract more of the battery metal from old cars as demand surges and aging electric vehicles are traded in.Albemarle Corp. is making investments and partnering with automotive equipment manufacturers on the recycling effort, which it calls “critical” to its future growth.The miner is part of a growing list of companies looking to grab a share of the market for recovered battery materials as lithium supplies show signs of tightening. Thirt...
Shares of battery-maker QuantumScape are dropping after the company reported its first quarter. Earnings, though, have nothing to do with the stock reaction.
Johnson Controls International plc (NYSE: JCI), the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, today announced it has completed the acquisition of Silent-Aire.
Shares of QuantumScape Corp. dropped premarket Wednesday after the electric-vehicle-battery maker reported first-quarter results that missed estimates. "Since going public in November, we have advanced our technology considerably and hit our key technical goals, as demonstrated in the technical performance data we have released," Chief Executive Jagdeep Singh said. The company noted that at the end of March it met a key technology milestone, which prompted an additional $100 million investmen...
The EV battery technology company QuantumScape doesn't have sales yet, but investors liked the technical update.
QuantumScape Corp. shares fell 4% in the extended session Tuesday after the battery-maker startup reported a wider-than-expected quarterly loss for its first quarter. QuantumScape said it lost $75 million in the quarter, or 20 cents a share, compared with a loss of 6 cents a share in the year-ago quarter. Analysts polled by FactSet had expected a loss of 7 cents a share for the quarter. In a letter to investors, the startup said it met a contractual milestone with Volkswagen AG and delivered bat...