Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chip Equipment stocks up 2.8% on average while median return up 1.8% in a day
- Chip Equipment stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 1.1% in a week
- Chip Equipment stocks up 1.9% on average while median return up -1.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ASML 11.0%, $KLAC 7.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LRCX -2.0%, $TSM -2.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KLAC 8.5%, $ASML 2.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TSM -0.1%, $LRCX -0.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 69.0%, for the past 3 months is 79.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 97.9%, the lowest correlation is 54.8%, the latest correlation is 66.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.6% between AMAT and LRCX
The lowest correlation is 51.2% between LRCX and TSM
In this article, we discuss the 10 top hedge funds focusing on ESG and impact investing. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these hedge funds, go directly to the 5 Top Hedge Funds Focusing on ESG and Impact Investing. The environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) movement has forced big finance to […]
Manish Bhatia, Micron Technology Executive VP of Global Operations, joins Yahoo Finance Live to break down Micron's Q3 earnings, the global chip shortage and what's next for the company.
Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman breaks down how Trump partly contributed to the global chip crisis.