Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chip Equipment stocks down 5.1% on average while median return down 4.5% in a day
- Chip Equipment stocks down 8.1% on average while median return down 7.8% in a week
- Chip Equipment stocks down 12.2% on average while median return down 13.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AMAT -14.9%, $KLAC -16.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LRCX -8.7%, $AMAT -11.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 87.0%, for the past 3 months is 87.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 96.0%, the lowest correlation is 32.4%, the latest correlation is 96.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.0% between KLAC and LRCX
The lowest correlation is 72.9% between ASML and TSM
The industry's dependence on a geopolitically vulnerable island nation should concern all chip investors.
Shares of Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU), and Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ: SWKS) fell today after the world's largest contract chipmaker, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, reported a drop in its April revenue. Each of the tech stocks took a hit today as a result of the news, with Qualcomm down 6.3%, Micron tumbling 5.6%, and Skyworks sliding 4.8% as of 3:39 p.m. EDT.
(Bloomberg) -- Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo plans a summit with companies impacted by the global semiconductor shortage, including the largest chip manufacturers and U.S. automakers, according to people familiar with the plans.Raimondo will convene the meeting on May 20, according to an invitation sent to companies and obtained by Bloomberg News. The Commerce Department said in the invitation that it aims to create and maintain “an open dialogue around semiconductors and supply chain matters...
Intel and Taiwan Semi plan new chip factories in Arizona even as droughts intensify in the Southwest. The investments would boost U.S. domestic chip making but require clever planning.
The KLA Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC) board of directors today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.90 per share on its common stock, payable on June 1, 2021 to KLA shareholders of record as of the close of business on May 17, 2021.
Applied Materials (AMAT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
KLA Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC) today announced the KLA Foundation is expanding its COVID-19 relief efforts in India with a donation of $550,000 to help combat the second wave of coronavirus infections currently taxing the country's healthcare system amidst a national vaccine shortage. A portion of the funds will be used for emergency relief to purchase ICU beds, oxygen concentrations, syringe infusion pumps and other emergency medical devices currently facing shortages. The remaining funds will ...
Applied Material stock has room to run, says one bullish trendline
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Apple, Google, Lam Research, Texas Instruments and Advanced Micro Devices
CyberArk's (CYBR) Q1 results reflect a growing recurring revenue base, and increasing contributions from SaaS and subscription offerings.