Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chip Equipment stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Chip Equipment stocks up 4.3% on average while median return up 4.5% in a week
- Chip Equipment stocks down 8.6% on average while median return down 6.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ASML -8.3%, $KLAC -11.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ASML 9.2%, $TSM 4.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 83.3%, for the past 3 months is 69.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 92.9%, the lowest correlation is 4.5%, the latest correlation is 76.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 94.5% between AMAT and LRCX
The lowest correlation is 76.2% between KLAC and TSM
Lam Research's (LRCX) fiscal first-quarter 2022 results are likely to gain from strong demand for semiconductor equipment, and the growing usage of DRAM and NAND.
On the contrary, a growth stock rebound could be in store for 2022. Three Fool.com contributors think Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE: TSM), Fastly (NYSE: FSLY), and II-VI (NASDAQ: IIVI) are thus worth a serious look right now. Nicholas Rossolillo (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing): Though it may rank low on the list of most household names in technology, Taiwan Semi is a monster powering all sorts of high-end computing we use every day.
Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) has been on an incredible run in recent years, growing by leaps and bounds and taking chip industry market share. The story behind the company is far more than one of a chip designer, though. In this Motley Fool Live segment from "The 5" recorded on Oct. 8, Fool.com contributors Jason Hall and Nicholas Rossolillo explain the power behind Nvidia's business model and why it commands such a high price tag compared to its peers.
In the latest trading session, Lam Research (LRCX) closed at $546.78, marking a -1.02% move from the previous day.
With its stock down 12% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX). However, a...
Is (AMAT) Outperforming Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Penske Automotive, HCA Healthcare, Applied Materials, Boyd Gaming and General Dynamics
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Walmart, Intel, HSBC, Uber and Lam Research
ASML Holdings has seen a long and strong rise from late 2016 when it broke out of a long base pattern around the $100 area. ASML has corrected lower in recent weeks so the question we need to answer is whether ASML can be bought here. In this daily bar chart of ASML, below, we can see that prices made a small double top in September.