Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chip Equipment stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.3% in a day
- Chip Equipment stocks up 4.0% on average while median return up 4.0% in a week
- Chip Equipment stocks up 1.0% on average while median return up 5.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AMAT 6.8%, $LRCX 5.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TSM 6.8%, $ASML 5.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 77.0%, for the past 3 months is 78.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 95.4%, the lowest correlation is -17.3%, the latest correlation is 73.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.6% between KLAC and LRCX
The lowest correlation is 61.4% between AMAT and TSM
Now is a great time to start building a portfolio of growth stocks to simply hold on to for the next decade. Three industry-leading companies that I think will continue their growth trends are Spotify (NYSE: SPOT), Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE: TSM), and Topgolf Callaway (NYSE: MODG). No company has been more critical in the recovery of the music business than Spotify.
(Bloomberg) -- The Biden administration unveiled tight restrictions on new operations in China by chipmakers that get federal funds to build in the US, potentially hampering efforts to expand in the world’s largest semiconductor arena.Most Read from BloombergBomb Threat Called In to New York Court Where Trump Hearing HeldFed Caught Between Inflation and Bank CrisisA New Chapter of Capitalism Emerges From the Banking CrisisXi Aligns With Putin Against US, But Hesitates on Gas DealFirst Republic R
Samsung, a leader in semiconductor manufacturing, has a two-decade plan to continue to build its chip-fab capabilities.
Zacks.com users have recently been watching TSMC (TSM) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
It's no secret that Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) hasn't had the strongest year. In the fourth quarter, revenues only rose by 1%, thanks to weakness in advertising markets, from which Alphabet derives 78% of its revenue.
In this article, we discuss 13 best Asian stocks to buy today. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Asian Stocks To Buy Today. On March 14, Asian Pacific markets saw a volatile session, declining significantly following the sharp losses on Wall Street as investors grappled with the […]
Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE: TSM) made a move like that earlier in March, announcing it plans to hire 6,000 employees despite a downturn in the chip market. Taiwan Semiconductor is one of the world's largest chipmakers, but it doesn't sell its products directly to consumers. While these Intel employees likely won't jump ship to Taiwan Semiconductor (these jobs are specifically in Taiwan), these actions show Taiwan Semiconductor is in better shape than Intel.
Down 37% from its high, chip-industry leader Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing offers attractive upside potential.
These companies have been big winners in the past, and they can replicate their performances in the future as well.
Applied Materials is pleased to join the SEMI Semiconductor Climate Consortium (SCC) Governing Council. SEMI, the industry association serving the global electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, and the new Semiconductor Climate Consortium (SCC), a group formed by companies across the semiconductor value chain to accelerate the ecosystem's reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.