Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Chip Equipment stocks up 5.0% on average while median return up 5.3% in a day
- Chip Equipment stocks up 9.9% on average while median return up 10.1% in a week
- Chip Equipment stocks up 21.5% on average while median return up 21.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TSM 24.9%, $AMAT 23.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $LRCX 12.3%, $AMAT 11.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 83.3%, for the past 3 months is 76.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 95.6%, the lowest correlation is 18.0%, the latest correlation is 88.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.2% between AMAT and LRCX
The lowest correlation is 76.0% between KLAC and TSM
Is All The Good News Already Priced In?
Demand for servers and PCs following work from home is boosting sales for companies like Micron Technologies (MU) and NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA).
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, Micron Technology, Power Integrations, Cree and Maxim Integrated Products
(Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government notified several of Huawei Technologies Co.’s suppliers that it’s revoking their licenses to work with the Chinese company and rejecting other applications in the last days of Donald Trump’s presidency, Reuters reported, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.Current licensed suppliers that have been notified include Intel Corp., Reuters said. In addition, the Commerce Department indicated its intent to deny “a significant number of license request...
Consumers and businesses are leveraging more digital technology than ever before, which means the need for chips has never been greater
Dow Jones futures: JPMorgan led bank earnings. The stock market rally faded Thursday, with the $1.9 trillion Biden stimulus plan unveiled late.
A New Hope For Intel
The chip manufacturing giant has reportedly seen lead times stretch for its most advanced manufacturing processes, which are used by Apple, AMD and others.
While expected demand from clients such as Apple and AMD is also probably motivating TSMC to invest more, the size of its 2021 capex budget suggests other factors are also at play.
Remarks from executives after the company disclosed its quarterly earnings suggest a 50% increase in investment in production capacity.