Aggregated price index with volume information
- Computer Communications stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 0.4% in a day
- Computer Communications stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 0.9% in a week
- Computer Communications stocks up 6.7% on average while median return up 4.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AAOI 70.3%, $LTRX 26.7%, $PWFL 26.7%, $PANW 20.2%, $SILC 12.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ITI -5.5%, $DGII -9.5%, $CSCO -9.6%, $ALLT -17.5%, $UUU -44.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $NEON 23.1%, $AAOI 10.4%, $SILC 10.2%, $NTGR 7.6%, $ITI 5.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ANET -0.7%, $EXTR -1.7%, $DGII -6.2%, $UUU -7.1%, $SMCI -7.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 8.4%, for the past 3 months is 11.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 18.2%, the lowest correlation is 0.5%, the latest correlation is 5.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 83.4% between JNPR and NTGR
The lowest correlation is -67.7% between FTNT and NEON
AT&T opts to leverage Ericsson's (ERIC) industry-leading wireless equipment portfolio to expedite open RAN deployment across the United States.
Verizon (VZ) introduced an enticing streaming bundle, offering Netflix and Max combo for myPlan customers for only $10 per month.
Amazon (AMZN) signs an agreement with SpaceX to launch Kuiper satellites on the latter's three Falcon 9 launches.
Super Micro Computer is another "picks and shovels" play on the AI gold rush that's cheaper than Nvidia.
MACOM (MTSI) completes the acquisition of the radio frequency business of Wolfspeed on Dec 2.
Based on the average brokerage recommendation (ABR), Super Micro (SMCI) should be added to one's portfolio. Wall Street analysts' overly optimistic recommendations cast doubt on the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric. So, is the stock worth buying?
After several twists and turns, the S&P 500 set a record high of 2023. Nvidia (NVDA), Royal Caribbean (RCL), Arista Networks (ANET), ServiceNow (NOW) and Amazon (AMZN) have gained more than 75%.
Powerfleet, Inc. (Nasdaq: PWFL) today announced it was named a top innovator in ABI Research's Commercial Video Telematics Competitive Ranking. This influential report is designed to provide critical insights, research, and strategic advice for vendor decision-making in the video telematics and mobile asset IoT SaaS industry. ABI is a global technology advisory firm with research focused on transformative technologies that are dramatically reshaping industries, economies, and workforces.
Shares of Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ: SMCI) rose 14.2% in November, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. The server maker, which has become a darling of the artificial intelligence (AI) revolution, reported earnings on Nov. 1 that handily beat expectations, while also raising full-year guidance. In addition, Super Micro got a lift when long-term interest rates declined off their October highs following two tamer-than-expected inflation reports.
Cybersecurity is a mission-critical investment for just about every enterprise these days. Cybersecurity might be a relatively small part of Microsoft's (NASDAQ: MSFT) portfolio, but it's an important draw for its enterprise customers. A Microsoft investment comes with attractive features that are missing from many pure-play cybersecurity stocks.