Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Consumer Non-Durables stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 0.4% in a day
- Consumer Non-Durables stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 0.9% in a week
- Consumer Non-Durables stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up -1.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TWNKW 43.6%, $DOGZ 42.4%, $DTEA 31.2%, $OBCI 24.8%, $MTEX 23.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FARM -15.5%, $DECK -15.5%, $XELB -19.5%, $PETZ -20.1%, $BQ -25.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MTEX 32.8%, $DOGZ 14.8%, $OBCI 14.5%, $CROX 14.0%, $FRPT 12.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $WTER -6.2%, $STKL -7.2%, $SENEB -7.8%, $WVVIP -8.1%, $BQ -15.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.0%, for the past 3 months is 12.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 35.8%, the lowest correlation is 0.4%, the latest correlation is 14.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.2% between CENT and CENTA
The lowest correlation is -48.4% between CCU and CVGW
Dow Jones futures were little changed Monday with the Bitcoin ETF slated to debut Tuesday. Tesla stock is nearing all-time highs.
Ongoing labor shortages, supply chain issues, and weather conditions are causing beef prices to skyrocket.
The SEC released a 45-page report on Monday offering no specific policy recommendations following the early 2021 frenzy over GameStop stock.
Kimberly-Clark (KMB) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Estee Lauder (EL) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Tyson (TSN) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Is Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) a good place to invest some of your money right now? We can gain invaluable insight to help us answer that question by studying the investment trends of top investors, who employ world-class Ivy League graduates, who are given immense resources and industry contacts to put their financial expertise to […]
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 873 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of June 30th. In this article, we look at what those funds think of Sanderson Farms, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAFM) based on that […]
Stocks wavered on Monday ahead of a busy week of earnings, including reports from Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) and Netflix Inc (NASDAQ:NFLX). Investors were skittish about slowing economic growth in China, the world’s second largest economy, and concerns about rising oil prices affecting prices across the spectrum. China reported the slowest pace of economic growth in a year in the third quarter, hurt by power shortages and the struggling property sector.