Aggregated price index with volume information
- Electronic Production Equipment stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.4% in a day
- Electronic Production Equipment stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 0.0% in a week
- Electronic Production Equipment stocks up 9.2% on average while median return up 7.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SONO 39.0%, $NVMI 25.7%, $PI 20.8%, $MKSI 18.4%, $RELL 18.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ACLS -5.0%, $DAKT -8.0%, $AXTI -10.7%, $CVV -12.3%, $TRT -23.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RELL 15.9%, $AEHR 7.3%, $VRT 6.9%, $SONO 5.4%, $IVAC 5.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PHG -5.8%, $ASYS -5.9%, $REFR -6.4%, $CAMT -7.1%, $DAKT -21.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.7%, for the past 3 months is 31.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 48.2%, the lowest correlation is 6.9%, the latest correlation is 36.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.4% between KLAC and LRCX
The lowest correlation is -39.8% between DAIO and ONTO
Shares of Daktronics (NASDAQ: DAKT) were down 13% as of 2:30 p.m. ET Tuesday after the digital display company announced disappointing quarterly results. For its fiscal second quarter ended Oct. 28, Daktronics' revenue grew 6.4% year over year to $199.4 million, translating to net income of $2.2 million, or $0.05 per share. Daktronics' chairman and CEO Reece Kurtenbach lauded the company's margin expansion and cash flow generation.
Operating Income Soars as Company Executes Strategic Pricing and Efficiency Measures
Even as major indexes consolidate recent gains, these two companies reported financial results that investors didn't like.
AvidXchange and Sonos have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
Andrew Siegel Appointed New Lead Independent DirectorBROOKINGS, S.D., Dec. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Daktronics, Inc. (NASDAQ - DAKT) today reported results for its fiscal 2024 second quarter which ended October 28, 2023. Q2 FY2024 financial highlights: Sales of $199.4 million, a 6.4 percent increase from the second quarter of fiscal 2023Gross profit as a percentage of net sales of 27.2 percent as compared to 16.9 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2023Operating income of $19.4 million a
The Magnificent Seven stocks have surged on their perceived benefits from artificial intelligence...but they're not the only ones.
Sonos sits at a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) right now because of its downbeat EPS estimates which have been cut substantially for FY24 and FY25 since its Q4 report. Plus, its surge has the stock looking a bit overheated.
Semiconductor production equipment provider Amtech Systems (NASDAQ:ASYS) will be announcing earnings results tomorrow after the bell. Here's what investors should know.
The latest trading day saw Photronics (PLAB) settling at $20.96, representing a -1.09% change from its previous close.
The Federal Circuit sent the case back for further proceedings to determine how much Intel owes in damages.