Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Internet Retail stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Internet Retail stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up 1.1% in a week
- Internet Retail stocks up 9.5% on average while median return up 8.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $LE 64.6%, $LIVE 59.1%, $APRN 45.6%, $REAL 40.6%, $RVLV 36.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TC -0.3%, $PDD -1.7%, $BABA -3.8%, $VIPS -13.7%, $LITB -22.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $APRN 18.9%, $REAL 18.4%, $FLWS 16.7%, $WTRH 13.9%, $PRTS 8.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VIPS -4.9%, $JD -5.6%, $PDD -7.7%, $IMBI -11.8%, $LITB -12.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 25.2%, for the past 3 months is 19.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 50.1%, the lowest correlation is 1.2%, the latest correlation is 7.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 83.6% between BABA and JD
The lowest correlation is -39.0% between APRN and IMBI
Chewy (CHWY) posts better-than-expected results for first-quarter fiscal 2021. Notably, growth in active customers aids the top line.
WallStreetBets founder Jaime Rogozinski weighs in on the latest volatile trading in meme stocks.
SAN FRANCISCO & BOCA RATON, Fla., Jun 11, 2021--Brit + Co and Office Depot will continue to provide opportunities for female entrepreneurs with Selfmade, Brit + Co’s 10-week virtual startup school.
Jim Cramer and Katherine Ross discuss billionaires paying taxes, Chewy's earnings, Tesla's Model S Plaid event, and meme stocks versus momentum stocks.
Chewy, Inc. (CHWY), an online retailer of pet foods and related products, reported solid first-quarter results driven by an increase in active customers, although supply disruptions and labor shortages continued to restrain the company’s top-line. Shares were down 1.4% in pre-market trading at the time of writing. Earnings for the quarter stood at $0.09 per share, compared to a loss of $0.12 per share reported in the prior-year period. The Street had estimated a loss of $0.03 per share. Net sale
For his second "Executive Decision" segment of Thursday's Mad Money program, Jim Cramer spoke with Sumit Singh, CEO of Chewy , the online pet emporium. Singh said the increase in pet adoption is not just a pandemic event. Chewy works with over 6,000 pet shelters across the nation that report adoptions are still growing by double digits.
Plus, a look at the unnatural reaction to higher consumer prices of the yield curve and equity markets.
In his letter to shareholders, Chewy CEO Sumit Singh said the company raised wages and invested in short-term incentives to overcome some of the fulfillment center staffing constraints. Singh said the company has introduced part-time shifts to better optimize interval-level labor forecasting and provide more flexibility to staff.