Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Motion Picture and Video Production stocks up 1.9% on average while median return up 0.5% in a day
- Motion Picture and Video Production stocks up 0.6% on average while median return up -1.7% in a week
- Motion Picture and Video Production stocks up 14.2% on average while median return up 9.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CSSE 35.2%, $WWE 19.6%, $IMAX 17.4%, $BTN 14.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FUBO -3.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $WWE 7.4%, $FUBO 5.9%, $GNUS 5.4%, $CSSEP 3.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $IMAX -2.4%, $GAIA -3.0%, $ESGC -5.6%, $BTN -6.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 13.4%, for the past 3 months is 9.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 38.9%, the lowest correlation is -7.5%, the latest correlation is 19.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 63.9% between BTN and ESGC
The lowest correlation is -27.5% between CSSEP and FUBO
There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel for the movie industry, which was ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.
Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous and Richard Gelfond, IMAX CEO, discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the film industry.
ViacomCBS CFO Naveen Chopra weighs in on the streaming wars and how his company plans to compete.
FOXA vs. GAIA: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
In this article we are going to list the top 25 most subscribed YouTube channels heading into 2021. Click to skip ahead and jump to the top 10 most subscribed YouTube channels heading into 2021. It might be hard to image a time without YouTube now, as it seems like YouTube has been with us […]
COS COB, Conn., Dec. 29, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE) (the “Company”), one of the largest operators of streaming advertising-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) networks, today announced that the underwriters of its recent public offering of 9.50% Notes due 2025 (“Notes”) have partially exercised their over-allotment option by purchasing an additional $1,408,150 principal amount of Notes. Closing of the partial exercise of the over-allotment o...
Mix of Hollywood Blockbusters, Award-Winning Indies, Classic TV and Hand-Picked Exclusive and Original ContentCOS COB, Conn., Dec. 29, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE), one of the largest operators of streaming advertising-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) networks, today announced the upcoming content releases for Crackle for January. Crackle linear and VOD networks are available in the U.S. and can be accessed on up to 29 devices and services...
“Wonder Woman 1984” is giving theater chains a much needed boost of confidence after the film snagged $16.7 during its domestic opening weekend.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
Yahoo Finance’s Julie Hyman and Brian Sozzi discuss how the entertainment industry navigated 2020 and break down 2021 predictions with Box Office Guru Editor, Gitesh Pandya.