Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Motor Vehicles stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.9% in a day
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 7.5% on average while median return up 5.5% in a week
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 24.8% on average while median return up 23.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TTM 67.7%, $NIU 63.5%, $GP 46.6%, $FUV 42.4%, $TSLA 37.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TM -2.7%, $HMC -5.4%, $FSR -6.8%, $RACE -7.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FUV 34.5%, $NIU 29.4%, $REVG 22.7%, $F 14.9%, $XPEV 14.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TM -1.1%, $BLBD -1.5%, $HOG -1.7%, $FSR -3.0%, $RIDE -4.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.3%, for the past 3 months is 17.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 39.0%, the lowest correlation is -3.0%, the latest correlation is 21.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.3% between SOLO and SOLOW
The lowest correlation is -54.9% between TSLA and TTM
In this article we are going to list the 15 biggest companies that use AWS. Click to skip ahead and jump to the 5 biggest companies that use AWS. Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) is a multinational technology company based in USA. It is known for its state of the art e-commerce, digital streaming, cloud computing and […]
Also: tremendous potential for Facebook and virtual reality; ETFs that have blown the S&P 500 away; what to expect from Joe Biden's first 100 days as president.
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Toyota Tsusho Corporation and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 19 January 2021 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Thi...
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) warned investors that it plans to take one-time charges of over $2 billion against its fourth-quarter earnings, the result of a recall and an accounting issue related to its pension funds. Ford said in a regulatory filing on Thursday that a recall of about 2.7 million vehicles made between 2006 and 2012, to replace defective airbag inflators made by Japanese supplier Takata, will result in a charge of about $610 million against its fourth-quarter earnings. About 67...
An Indian state's move to block General Motors (GM) from shutting a plant and exiting the country defies the state's business friendly image and sends a "concerning message" to potential future investors, the U.S. automaker said on Friday. GM's comments came after authorities in Maharashtra earlier this week rejected the automaker's application to cease operations at its plant in the western Indian state amid protests by workers who demanded GM continue production or keep them on the payroll in...
Ford announces a recall of 3 million vehicles in the U.S. and Canada to replace faulty Takata airbags.
Britain's business minister said the government is working to get the right result for the Vauxhall car factory as owner Stellantis decides in the next few weeks whether to keep the site open. Peugeot-maker PSA said in 2019 it wanted to keep open its northern England Ellesmere Port plant by building the new Vauxhall/Opel Astra there, but that would depend on the outcome of Britain's departure from the European Union. Since then London and Brussels have agreed a tariff-free deal dependent on lo...
In this article we are going to list the 15 largest global IPOs of all time. Click to skip ahead and jump to the 5 largest global IPOs of all time. Most people hate having to work 9-5 in an office, where they have to get up really early, get dressed, fight rush hour traffic, […]
It's hard to compare Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and General Motors (NYSE: GM) today given how the market is viewing the two companies. Tesla has a market cap of $783 billion on revenue of $28.2 billion (a price to sales multiple of 28), and net income of $556 million over the last twelve months. GM has a market cap of $72 billion with revenue of $116 billion (a price to sales multiple of 0.6), and net income of $3.4 billion over the same timeframe.
Chinese EV maker XPeng picked up a short-term buy rating, but it isn’t because the EV market is hot—even though it is.