Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Motor Vehicles stocks down 0.0% on average while median return down 0.3% in a day
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 4.0% on average while median return up 2.9% in a week
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 4.4% on average while median return up -0.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TTM 63.4%, $F 14.8%, $TSLA 14.6%, $GM 10.8%, $XPEV 10.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NIU -6.2%, $SOLOW -12.6%, $REVG -13.1%, $FUV -14.0%, $RIDE -30.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TTM 20.4%, $XPEV 15.5%, $NIO 11.1%, $TSLA 9.9%, $FSR 6.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $FUV -1.2%, $BLBD -1.9%, $GM -2.1%, $REVG -6.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 38.6%, for the past 3 months is 29.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 69.0%, the lowest correlation is 6.9%, the latest correlation is 6.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.9% between F and GM
The lowest correlation is -18.3% between RACE and SOLOW
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Li Auto, NIO, XPeng and Geely Automobile
Morgan Stanley analyst Courtney Yakavonis lowered the Price target for several Machinery stocks. Timken Co (NYSE: TKR) price target was lowered to (implying an upside of 8.7%) from $84, while an Equal-Weight rating on the shares was maintained. Terex Corp's (NYSE: TEX) price target was reduced to (implying an upside of 24%) from $55, and an Equal-Weight rating was kept. Rev Group Inc (NYSE: REVG) price target was lowered to (implying an upside of 5%) from $17, and Equal-Weight was kept. PACCAR I
Hedge funds and large money managers usually invest with a focus on the long-term horizon and, therefore, short-lived dips or bumps on the charts usually don’t make them change their opinion towards a company. This time it may be different. The coronavirus pandemic destroyed the high correlations among major industries and asset classes. We are […]
The trade over the past month has been to bet on two of the oldest automakers in the game. Here's why.
Is it time to go bearish on Tesla's stock? This analyst tells Yahoo Finance Live YES.