Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Motor Vehicles stocks down 3.8% on average while median return down 0.2% in a week
- Motor Vehicles stocks up 4.2% on average while median return up 3.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BLBD 33.6%, $NIU 14.7%, $HOG 14.1%, $RACE 10.6%, $F 9.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GP -9.1%, $XPEV -13.7%, $TSLA -18.6%, $NKLA -23.9%, $RIDE -24.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GM 4.7%, $TM 3.7%, $HMC 3.6%, $TTM 3.2%, $RACE 2.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $GP -10.5%, $XPEV -11.6%, $NIU -12.1%, $RIDE -14.7%, $NKLA -16.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 42.9%, for the past 3 months is 44.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 72.9%, the lowest correlation is 12.4%, the latest correlation is 33.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.6% between NIO and XPEV
The lowest correlation is -9.9% between KNDI and TM
A recent trade in General Motors didn't end up positive but the early profit-taking reduced the loss.
Tesla rebounded from bear market lows. FSD Beta is getting a wide release. BYD will raise prices on Jan. 1.
Hundreds of Chinese companies are listed on U.S. markets. Among the best are Nio, Daqo New Energy, Li Auto, Pinduoduo and BYD Co.. China is the world's most-populous nation and the second-largest economy, with a booming urban middle class and amazing entrepreneurial activity.
Harley-Davidson (HOG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Ford Motor Company (F) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Yahoo Finance's Brian Sozzi discusses leading business headlines including Tesla and Ford issuing vehicle recalls, Adidas investigating Ye over harrassment allegations, and Microsoft Teams coming under scrutiny in the EU for antitrust concerns.
Tata Motors Ltd’s (NYSE: TTM) Jaguar Land Rover slashed vehicle output in the U.K. through March as it prioritized higher-margin models to beat the semiconductor crisis, Bloomberg reports. The loss-making manufacturer will cut production of the Range Rover Velar and Jaguar F-Pace models made in Solihull while ramping up the output of its most lucrative models, the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. JLR may also reduce production at its Halewood plant, where it makes the more affordable Evoque an
The move includes the 2021 to 2023 Bronco Sports and 2020 to 2023 Escapes. The company said vehicles should be checked for cracked fuel injectors.
Toyota Motor Corp on Friday launched its second hybrid car in India, a seven-seat people-carrier, as part of a broader strategy to double-down on the sale of electrified vehicles in emerging markets. The Innova HyCross, a hybrid version of the popular multi-purpose vehicle that Toyota already sells in India, builds on the success of its hybrid sport-utility vehicle (SUV), Urban Cruiser HyRyder, which went on sale in September. "With this offering we are confident that the expansion of eco-frie...
Goodyear's (GT) near-term prospects look muted amid commodity inflation, forex woes, supply chain snafus and a particularly weak industry environment.