Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Movies/Entertainment stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.6% in a day
- Movies/Entertainment stocks up 4.2% on average while median return up 4.0% in a week
- Movies/Entertainment stocks up 14.6% on average while median return up 12.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CURI 63.5%, $CNK 32.8%, $FUBO 26.2%, $DKNG 24.0%, $IMAX 23.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DDI -0.3%, $RICK -2.0%, $CSSEP -7.7%, $KAVL -19.9%, $NMTC -38.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $DDI 21.5%, $FUBO 19.8%, $CURI 16.0%, $CSSE 10.7%, $IMAX 10.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MANU -1.6%, $WWE -3.4%, $AMC -4.3%, $KAVL -9.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 14.4%, for the past 3 months is 18.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 35.9%, the lowest correlation is 0.0%, the latest correlation is 6.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.4% between FWONA and FWONK
The lowest correlation is -61.3% between DDI and DLPN
Comcast's theme parks deliver double-digit growth ahead of the other publicly traded players offering their quarterly updates.
Las Vegas Sands' (LVS) fourth-quarter 2022 results reflect a solid recovery in property visitation, gaming volumes, retail sales and hotel occupancy in the Macao region.
NEW YORK, January 25, 2023--"Mutual Aid Brigade" Pilot Greenlit by Chicken Soup for the Soul Television Group
Dolphin Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ:DLPN), a leading entertainment marketing and premium content production company, congratulated its subsidiary, the entertainment PR powerhouse 42West, on its monumental success with "Top Gun: Maverick" and the 95th Academy Awards nominations.
Deckers Outdoor, Activision Blizzard, Live Nation Entertainment, Ralph Lauren and NIKE are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp (NASDAQ: NWSA) is in talks to sell some of its digital real estate assets, namely the operator of Realtor.com, to D.C. commercial real estate data company CoStar Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), according to a securities filing. “News Corp actively assesses opportunities to maximize shareholder value, and discussions with CoStar Group are part of that ongoing effort,” the New York City company said in a statement. “Any potential transaction would support News Corp’s strate...
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
Stock futures lower as U.S. earnings underwhelm; Microsoft slumps as cloud outlook offsets Q2 earnings beat; Tesla earnings on deck with price cuts, margins in focus; Boeing set to return to profit as orders build, China re-opens and Rupert Murdoch pulls plug on Fox-news Corp merger.
(Bloomberg) -- Rupert Murdoch said he was abandoning plans to explore a merger of Fox Corp. and News Corp., two media companies he controls, after investors pushed back on the deal.Most Read from BloombergHindenburg’s Short Sell Call Shaves $12 Billion Off Adani StocksUS Confronts China Over Companies’ Ties to Russia War EffortJosh Kushner Is Richer Than Trump After Billionaires Back His FirmUS and Germany Set to Send Tanks to Ukraine, Breaking DeadlockStocks Finish Well Off Lows as Tech Gloom W
Media baron Rupert Murdoch abandoned his plans to merge Fox Corp and News Corp, the two media companies he controls.