Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Non-Energy Minerals stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 0.4% in a day
- Non-Energy Minerals stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 1.1% in a week
- Non-Energy Minerals stocks up 3.6% on average while median return up 2.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CSCW 47.6%, $UEC 39.8%, $TRQ 32.8%, $SID 26.8%, $UUUU 24.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SLCA -19.5%, $RETO -22.2%, $GATO -31.0%, $HYMC -37.9%, $HYMCW -59.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SID 17.7%, $TRQ 12.8%, $ACH 11.6%, $NGD 10.4%, $UUUU 9.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $X -11.9%, $CENX -13.4%, $HYMCW -13.7%, $AQMS -16.3%, $CSCW -24.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.4%, for the past 3 months is 30.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 59.3%, the lowest correlation is 11.9%, the latest correlation is 13.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.7% between BBL and BHP
The lowest correlation is -74.1% between BBL and CPAC
Is (SCHN) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
Ryerson Holding (RYI) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Zacks Value Investor Highlights: Winnebago Industries, Thor Industries, G-III Apparel, Penske Automotive and Olympic Steel
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. ("Turquoise Hill" or the "Company") and Rio Tinto today announced that they have entered into a binding Heads of Agreement (HoA) to provide an updated funding plan (the "Funding Plan") for the completion of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC (OT) underground project in Mongolia. The Funding Plan is designed to address the estimated remaining funding requirement of approximately US$2.3 billion and replaces the non-binding Memorandum of Understanding that Rio Tinto and Turquoise H...
In conjunction with Nucor's (NYSE: NUE) first quarter earnings release, you are invited to listen to its live conference call with host Leon Topalian, Nucor's President and Chief Executive Officer. This conference call will include a review of Nucor's results for the first quarter ended April 3, 2021, followed by a question and answer session. The event will be available on the Internet on April 22, 2021 at 2 p.m. Eastern Time.
Bumbershoot Holdings LP, an investment management firm, published its fourth quarter 2020 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Bumbershoot Holdings L.P. generated a negative gross return of -6.61% for the full-year 2020, while its S&P 500 benchmark delivered a 16.26% return in the same period. You can view the fund’s top […]
Does Nucor (NUE) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Does Gerdau (GGB) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Value stocks haven't been as popular, but it's still been possible to handily beat the market by focusing on buying good companies at beaten-down prices. Two value stocks that have delivered fantastic returns for investors over the past year are automaker General Motors (NYSE: GM) and steelmaker Nucor (NYSE: NUE). Investors have warmed to GM's grand plans to become a major player in the electric-vehicle (EV) market.
LOS ANGELES, April 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (NYSE:RS) announced today that it will report first quarter 2021 financial results for the period ended March 31, 2021, on Thursday, April 22, 2021, at 6:50 a.m. Eastern Time. Reliance management will host a conference call that same day at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The call will be broadcast live over the Internet hosted on the Investors section of the Company's website at investor.rsac.com. Reliance Steel & Aluminum C...