Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Regional Banks stocks down 3.6% on average while median return down 3.8% in a day
- Regional Banks stocks down 2.0% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Regional Banks stocks down 22.8% on average while median return down 16.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $UBCP 4.5%, $FCCO 3.5%, $BLX 1.3%, $SIFI 0.6%, $IBN 0.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FFWM -50.4%, $WAL -55.9%, $PACW -62.6%, $FRC -89.1%, $SI -91.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $UBCP 18.4%, $BARK 16.2%, $CZFS 11.7%, $EBMT 10.4%, $FCCO 9.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $REVB -16.0%, $FRBK -19.6%, $FFWM -20.7%, $SI -42.9%, $FRC -57.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 52.4%, for the past 3 months is 42.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 66.1%, the lowest correlation is 9.7%, the latest correlation is 55.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.1% between BANR and BHLB
The lowest correlation is -39.1% between BARK and BCH
The Fed chairman also said there is no reason to think the problems that led to Silicon Valley Bank’s downfall are systemic.
WAUWATOSA, Wis., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On March 22, 2023, the Board of Directors of Waterstone Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: WSBF) declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per common share. The dividend is payable on May 2, 2023, to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 10, 2023. About Waterstone Financial, Inc. Waterstone Financial, Inc. is the savings and loan holding company for WaterStone Bank. WaterStone Bank was established in 1921 and offers a full su
The regional bank says it's not facing a bank run as investors fear risk of contagion after Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
Even with recent turmoil, Founding Partner and Managing Director of venture capital firm Khosla Ventures Samir Kaul says SVB is "one of the safest banks to bank with." Kaul told Yahoo Finance's Rachelle Akuffo that Khosla Ventures recommends companies keep some of their money at SVB, citing to FDIC's move to ensure 100% of all deposits. The firm, alongside several other venture capitalists, originally came out in support of SVB almost two weeks ago, issuing a joint statement encouraging companie...
The current banking crisis has its roots in pandemic-induced low interest rates, a panel of experts told Yahoo! Finance Live. "The Fed made a terrible mistake to keep interest rates so low for so long," says Gillian Tett, U.S. editor-at-large at the Financial Times. She says the financial system is geared to preferring lower rates, and that the Fed's continued hawkishness shows the central bank is trying to "overreact and jam on the brakes to atone for the big mistake it made earlier." A period ...
Consumers appear to be taking the banking crisis in stride...for now.
UNIONDALE, N.Y., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flushing Financial Corporation (the “Company”) (Nasdaq-GS: FFIC), the parent holding company for Flushing Bank (the “Bank”), today announced that it will release its first quarter 2023 earnings after the market closes on April 25, 2023. John R. Buran, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Susan K. Cullen, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, will host the conference call on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, at 9
BOSTON, March 22, 2023--State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) announced today it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire CF Global Trading, a global firm specializing in outsourced trading on an agency basis for a variety of asset classes including equities, listed derivatives and fixed income. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2023, subject to customary closing conditions. Financial terms are not being disclosed.