Aggregated price index with volume information
- Wireless Telecommunications stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.0% in a day
- Wireless Telecommunications stocks down 1.2% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Wireless Telecommunications stocks down 2.6% on average while median return down 5.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GOGO 7.7%, $SKM 6.2%, $S 3.6%, $TMUS 1.9%, $VOD 1.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $IRDM -6.4%, $USM -7.1%, $AMX -11.0%, $TKC -11.8%, $TDS -13.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $S 6.7%, $USM 5.6%, $GSAT 4.0%, $TDS 2.3%, $SKM 1.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TIMB -3.3%, $VOD -5.3%, $RCI -5.6%, $ATEX -5.8%, $IRDM -5.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 8.9%, for the past 3 months is 10.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 28.4%, the lowest correlation is -4.2%, the latest correlation is 13.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 69.8% between TDS and USM
The lowest correlation is -48.5% between COMS and SPOK
In recent years, T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has been focused on growth; so, paying a dividend hasn't been part of its strategy before. Earlier this month, T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert said that as part of the company's plan to provide shareholder returns, it is going to pay $3 billion in dividends over the course of a year. Investors should expect the first dividend declaration and payment to come before the end of 2023.
T-Mobile holds an edge in 5G wireless spectrum but will its market share gains vs. rivals continue? A big stock buyback is underway.
Some investors are dialing up their bets on large European telecommunications companies, but shares are struggling to recover previous highs amid a challenging near-term industry outlook due to muted top-line growth, stiff competition and heavy investments.
Telecommunications firm AST SpaceMobile has achieved a significant milestone by successfully establishing the first-ever 5G connection for voice and data between a conventional smartphone and a satellite in space. The connection was made using a Samsung (KS:005930) Galaxy S22 smartphone and AT&T (NYSE:T) spectrum, in conjunction with AST SpaceMobile's BlueWalker 3 (BW3) test satellite.
The man who drafted the lawsuit that led to the breakup of 'Ma Bell' said prosecutors have a winnable case against Google but still face plenty of legal hurdles.
The big wireless carriers are offering aggressive phone deals, but incentive levels are similar to last year.
Savvy investors often find gold near the bottom when the market takes a roller-coaster dip. Discover two standout stocks ripe for the picking in September 2023.
SentinelOne (S) expands its portfolio with the launch of Singularity RemoteOps Forensics, which helps security teams identify relevant insights and extract actionable intelligence.
When close to half the companies in the Wireless Telecom industry in the United States have price-to-sales ratios (or...
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.