Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 0.7% in a day
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks up 20.9% on average while median return up 16.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CVI 44.8%, $PBF 35.5%, $DK 28.7%, $VLO 25.5%, $PSX 23.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TREC -3.3%, $UGP -9.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TGS 9.1%, $VLO 3.6%, $NS 2.7%, $TRGP 0.9%, $PSX 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ENBL -1.4%, $WES -1.8%, $PBFX -1.8%, $PBF -2.3%, $UGP -8.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 43.0%, for the past 3 months is 45.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 70.7%, the lowest correlation is 15.0%, the latest correlation is 26.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.2% between TRGP and WES
The lowest correlation is -30.8% between MPC and TGS
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, CVR (CVI) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Hedge funds and large money managers usually invest with a focus on the long-term horizon and, therefore, short-lived dips or bumps on the charts usually don’t make them change their opinion towards a company. This time it may be different. The coronavirus pandemic destroyed the high correlations among major industries and asset classes. We are […]
California's Contra Costa County said on Friday that oil refiners Marathon Petroleum and Phillips 66 may need to reduce capacity of proposed renewable plants by about 50% and 20% respectively to mitigate environmental impact. The two petroleum refiners are planning to convert oil refineries in the San Francisco-area county to produce transportation fuel from feedstocks such as soybean oil and animal fats that produce less greenhouse gas emissions.
HOUSTON, Oct. 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Targa Resources Corp. (NYSE: TRGP) ("Targa" or the "Company") announced its quarterly dividend on common shares and its quarterly dividend on Series A preferred shares with respect to the third quarter of 2021. Targa announced today that its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per common share, or $0.40 per common share on an annualized basis, for the third quarter of 2021. This cash dividend will be paid November 15, 2021
Valero Energy (VLO) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Fortescue Metals Group (FSUGY) sets an industry leading target to achieve net zero Scope 3 emissions by 2040.
These stocks have dividend yields as high as 5.91%, and the companies never cut dividends after oil prices began their long decline in 2014.
When you buy shares in a company, there is always a risk that the price drops to zero. But if you pick the right...
(Bloomberg) -- Plug Power Inc. is partnering with Airbus SE and Phillips 66 to find ways to harness hydrogen to power airplanes, vehicles and industry without emitting planet-warming greenhouse gases.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace RacismWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is
At the forefront of the burgeoning hydrogen economy, Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG) is a fuel cell specialist that is closely followed by growth and renewable energy investors alike. As of 10:35 a.m. EDT, shares of Plug Power have risen 10.4%. The first item helping to buoy Plug Power's stock is the company's new collaboration with Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX).