Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 0.2% in a day
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks up 1.0% on average while median return up -2.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $UGP 18.1%, $PBF 14.2%, $TGS 12.5%, $DK 7.9%, $NS 5.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $WES -5.1%, $AE -6.3%, $TRGP -6.9%, $CVI -8.6%, $MPC -10.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PBF 6.2%, $DK 3.7%, $VLO 2.3%, $AE 1.7%, $PARR 1.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TRGP -1.5%, $TGS -1.8%, $WES -3.7%, $CVI -3.9%, $UGP -4.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.9%, for the past 3 months is 44.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 56.8%, the lowest correlation is 7.8%, the latest correlation is 31.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.1% between PBF and VLO
The lowest correlation is -23.0% between CVI and UGP
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of activist billionaire Paul Singer in 2023. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out Activist Billionaire Paul Singer 2023 Portfolio: Top 5 Stock Picks. Billionaire and activist investor Paul Singer, who heads Elliott Management, is growing bearish on the financial […]
Shares in Icahn Enterprises crashed more than 20% in the wake of [a long tweet](https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1661464270255603713) by rival William Ackman, putting the stock on pace for its sharpest decline since short seller Hindenburg Research published a report targeting the company on May 2. Icahn Enterprises, the publicly traded firm controlled by investor Carl Icahn, has lost roughly 60% since Hindenburg alleged that the company was relying on inflated asset valuations and that Mr...
Is NuStar Energy (NS) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
Valero's (VLO) premium refining operations are resilient even when the business operating environment is carbon-constrained.
A fire incident at Marathon Petroleum's (MPC) Galveston Bay refinery leads to a worker's death, raising concerns regarding safety within the facility.
Equinor (EQNR) fails to see a way ahead to deliver on its original plan of having an operational wind farm well before 2030.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Weave Communications and Central Garden & Pet have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
Aspen Technology, RenaissanceRe Holdings, and Healthcare Realty Holdings lead mid-cap stocks in revenue growth.
Murphy USA, Crescent Point Energy and NuStar Energy have been highlighted in this Investment Ideas article.