Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Oil Refining/Marketing stocks down 16.3% on average while median return down 11.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PSX -18.2%, $VLO -21.2%, $DK -29.5%, $CVI -31.4%, $PBF -44.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PARR 4.2%, $TRGP 2.9%, $ENBL 2.5%, $WES 1.3%, $MPC 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PSX -3.1%, $NS -3.4%, $CVI -4.7%, $UGP -5.9%, $PBF -7.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 52.6%, for the past 3 months is 46.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 74.0%, the lowest correlation is 30.2%, the latest correlation is 70.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.5% between PSX and VLO
The lowest correlation is -10.1% between PBF and UGP
In the latest trading session, Valero Energy (VLO) closed at $78.07, marking a +0.33% move from the previous day.
Does Targa Resources, Inc. (TRGP) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Per the proposed consent decree, Marathon Petroleum (MPC) and 7-Eleven must divest 124 retail fuel outlets to Anabi Oil including 123 Speedway sites and one 7-Eleven store.
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 866 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of March 31st. In this […]
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. Insider Monkey finished processing 866 13F filings submitted by hedge funds and prominent investors. These filings show these funds’ portfolio positions as of March 31st, 2020. […]
Phillips 66 is positioned to profit from the factors behind crude oil's bull run. It's also building a business that will be relevant in the future of low-carbon transportation.